Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

An excellent picture Tim, really well executed.

I remember many years ago walking past there, long before I knew there was a LT depot. I happened to look over a wall and, much to my surprise, saw an underground train depot in the middle of the South Bank.

Thankyou Peter!  Yes, London Road depot is a bit of an interesting one.  Until fairly recently I hadn't realised that I'd indeed been past it a few times myself, not least to the cathedral just over the road from it.  In order to get all ten trains complete and in shot, the full extent of the pole is required.  Modern technology makes such a shot possible :)

Cheers,

Tim

Thankyou Peter!  Yes, London Road depot is a bit of an interesting one.  Until fairly recently I hadn't realised that I'd indeed been past it a few times myself, not least to the cathedral just over the road from it.  In order to get all ten trains complete and in shot, the full extent of the pole is required.  Modern technology makes such a shot possible :)

Cheers,

Tim

London Rd was the original Bakerloo depot. Originally there was a ramp between the two sets of sidings that was used to deliver the Gate stock by road, as the line wasn't rail connected until the extension to Queens Park opened. There used to be more sheds and workshops on the rhs as well.

Maybe not quite in the "creative" mould, but hopefully of interest.

Consett in 1975 - after almost 40 years I can actually see a number on the loco - looks like 44. Doubtless someone with industrial loco knowledge can add more.

How I wish I'd taken more everyday industrial scenes rather than chase Deltics etc

post-6880-0-11312600-1418838314.jpg

• Like 3

Consett in 1975 - after almost 40 years I can actually see a number on the loco - looks like 44. Doubtless someone with industrial loco knowledge can add more.

Sentinel 10081 of 1961 ex Redbourn Wks., Lincolnshire, to Consett Nov. 1974 then to Skinningrove Wks 10/07/1981 according to "Industrial Locomotives of Durham" (Mountford).

P

Maybe not quite in the "creative" mould, but hopefully of interest.

How I wish I'd taken more everyday industrial scenes rather than chase Deltics etc

Me, too. There was steam at a factory about half a mile away, but I only took one photo of it.