Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

• RMweb Gold

In a scene that could be from 50 years ago, if it wasn't for the mk2 coach in the background, 45305 arrives at a very cold Haworth station on 27th December 2014.

• Like 11

attachicon.gifHornby curves.jpg Yeah, but those Hornby 1st and 2nd radius curves in the foreground let it down a bit.

Maybe Photoshopping all those unsightly gantries and wires out of the shot would improve it. Burn in the sky a bit and put some clouds and maybe photoshop the diesel for a Hall and intoduce some steam and smoke. Crop the image to clear those ridiculous curves and I think you are well on the way to a good photo. ;-)

Edited by lightengine

Maybe Photoshopping all those unsightly gantries and wires out of the shot would improve it. Burn in the sky a bit and put some clouds and maybe photoshop the diesel for a Hall and intoduce some steam and smoke. Crop the image to clear those ridiculous curves and I think you are well on the way to a good photo. ;-)

But that would be a portrait. :)

Sort of like this... you mean? but using a decent loco.

From the portraits thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/73847-locomotive-portraits/page-3&do=findComment&comment=1099012

post-508-0-60112800-1419780603_thumb.jpg

Porcy

• Like 4

But that would be a portrait. :)

Sort of like this... you mean? but using a decent loco.

From the portraits thread:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/73847-locomotive-portraits/page-3&do=findComment&comment=1099012

attachicon.gifDOG-NYMR.jpg

Porcy

Much more like it. But if you are going to use your models you would be well advised to put a bit more grease and dirt on those buffers!

In a scene that could be from 50 years ago, if it wasn't for the mk2 coach in the background, 45305 arrives at a very cold Haworth station on 27th December 2014.

post-7286-0-90909200-1420139999.jpg

I can't see a mk2 coach. I think I see a Derby Class 108 DMU, though ...?