MRE - New models to be announced 4 Sep

Adams442T

Oh dear, I will be away when the announcement is made. I shall just have to contain what little impatience I have to know the big news until I return after the weekend.

By the way, reevesthecat, they were measuring your shed as a prototype for the new tram depot at Starr Gate.

Chris

I'm kind of hoping it might not be an LSWR liveried Adams – its one of my favourite engines but just when I thought I'd decided which direction I was finally heading in if this loco is produced it may be tempting enough to derail progressing my current thoughts into action.

I based my comment on what I had read on Wickipedia and one or two other sources which stated that the basis was a BR Standard Class 5 chassis. The only GT3 kit available for this that I know of actually suggests a Hornby Black 5 chassis is the one to use.

Wiki is only as accurate as the person who posts the entry.

The Standard 5 frame theory is has been for many years received wisdom - but it doesn't hold up to checking.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

May the sun stream upon you honeyway. I hope you got a straight deal and said Hycilla as you passed the sun castle on Watling street. Own tudor is a good name and Ocean's swell. Plug in the iron and take a steady aim, otherwise the damn thing could end up airborne and you'll end up with herrinbone for tea. smile_mini2.gif

Strewth! But what happened to Dante, Chamossaire and Tehran in all that? And poor old Edward Thompson?

• RMweb Gold

Didnt realize it was Kernow. Okay, then a GWR 0-6-0 1361-65 Saddle Tank or 1366-71 Pannier Tank, outside cylinder an' all that.

That is where my suspicions lie - because of the Wadebridge and china clay theme as much as for any other reason. And when I was ordering my D6XXs I was told that something else was coming along in September including 'something steam' and my response 'I hope it's Western and the first two digits of the number are 13' led to an interesting silence (or maybe it was a crummy 'phone line :huh: ).

Presumably the 'electric' is likely to be something Southern, or a Camborne & Redruth tram, but then it could some sort of mine loco - much more Cornish :lol: .

And the diesel - could be a fishing boat but if it's a railway item the possibilities are endless and I hope it ran on the Western Region when locos and trains were still painted in proper colours.

Anyway whatever these things are in a few weeks time we will know and can than start moaning that Kernow are doing the wrong thing, or doing the right thing wrong, or have commissioned from the wrong manufacturer who can't even be trusted to get the shape of a Boplate correct; on the other hand some will no doubt smugly sit back and wait delivery of just what they've always wanted.

• RMweb Gold

There used to be two topics on RMweb that were discouraged- wishlists and mo' Blue Pullman topics. blink.gifohmy.giflaugh.gif

Not sure what we will do when we finally get every imaginable model we could ask for...

Voice lurid complaints about the market being saturated and nobody able to afford all this stuff so why ever did they make it instead of doing a Stephenson long-boiler 0-6-0?

I predict a big demand for locos suitable for modelling the Rosedale line once all the diesels are done and gathering dust on various retailers' shelves and everybody has a layout of a cornish china clay branch.

There's an awful lot of frothing days left till 4 September - I'll be surprised if Kernow manages to keep the lid on this till then. Maybe we should start thinking about Hornby's December press day instead and whether there should be an embargo......

There, Andy, that should take the pressure off you and Kernow!!!

CHRIS LEIGH

Yeah, thanks; most helpful. laugh.gif

Only 139* frothing days until New Year's Day.

* This is an indicative figure and does not allow for changes in traditional commercial announcement schedules. The value of your frothing may go up and down dependent on leaked statements. RMweb cannot be held liable for incorrect investments if models are or are not announced, produced or rival manufacturers urinate on territorial lampposts.

Doh! I intend no disrespect to the Tiny Diesel Community - but not that sort, surely!

I meant the LSWR Class 02, a neat little 0-4-4T that was built to replace the Beattie well-tank engines (yet another link!). A manufacturers delight in that it can also be produced with two different boilers, and also as the Isle of Wight variant with names and larger bunkers.

Larry

• RMweb Premium

From my researches into the Duchy's railways I conclude that the two most likely candidates are the Portreath Incline winding engine and the shunting horse from Hayle Wharves.

.... but do we know whether the new models are brand new or region specific re-liveries of something already in current production?

From my researches into the Duchy's railways I conclude that the two most likely candidates are the Portreath Incline winding engine and the shunting horse from Hayle Wharves.

Well I hope the shunting horse will be DCC ready and able to be re-legged to finescale standards! I just hope they get the shape of the nostrils right!

I meant the LSWR Class 02, a neat little 0-4-4T that was built to replace the Beattie well-tank engines (yet another link!). A manufacturers delight in that it can also be produced with two different boilers, and also as the Isle of Wight variant with names and larger bunkers.

Larry

And it's not much of a jump from this to a G6 :)

Do you know - I'm not sure which is worse - froth or spam!

unsure.gif

Well, froth does tend to make your sandwiches soggy, whereas spam just clogs up your inbox.......................rolleyes.gif

Yeah, thanks; most helpful. laugh.gif

Only 139* frothing days until New Year's Day.

* This is an indicative figure and does not allow for changes in traditional commercial announcement schedules. The value of your frothing may go up and down dependent on leaked statements. RMweb cannot be held liable for incorrect investments if models are or are not announced, produced or rival manufacturers urinate on territorial lampposts.

Is there any electronic equivalent of an anti - foaming agent? If so can we please get it added to RM Web now biggrin.gif

(oh and if it is a DCC sound shunting horse is it going to deposit realistic organic fertiliser in the four foot?)

Archived