MRE - New models to be announced 4 Sep

Adams442T

Odds on - Trains (specifically locomotives)

Evens - Kettle

Evens - Diesel

2 to 1 - Diesel multile unit

20 to 1 - Electric multiple unit

5000 to 1 - Another Blue Pulman

cool.gif

G.

You could lose your shirt with those odds Grahame....smile.gif

Although reading between the lines, it doesn't actually say locos. Could be rolling stock pulled by steam or diesel loco's in the transition period.

IN THE WORKS

We will be announcing two new models at our exhibition in September. Steam and Diesel modellers will welcome them, but no more hints for now. We may drop the odd hint in our newsletter from time to time between now and September. No prizes if you spot the hint, just bragging rights on offer! The electric model has been held back and will be announced at a future date

Just picked up on this thread after spending a week in South Wales.Came home with the usual ideas of building a model of the valleys,but one important loco type is missing to do this.

The GWR 42xx 2-8-0T.

However this has made its way near the top of the wishlists recently and some were allocated to St Blazey for china clay trains, so maybe this is in Kernows mind?If not, then how about it?

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Dagworth pondered about an R-T-R Leader, but if it had a sound chip, the expletives from crews, fitters and shed foremen would mean it could only be sold to over-16's!

Would confuse the under 8s too - a diesel that goes 'chuff'.

RTR Leader? We've been here before <_<

The shop in question expected to supply said model in four liveries (two fictitious), and had hired Dapol to produce said model, with pre-orders being taken for the model. As of 2010 - nearly two years later - no news and a website in which the Leader threads are left strangely unanswered...

---

On topic - I predict a Blue Pullman, Original style Merchant Navy (for kicks!) and an ex-LNER K4 (just seen someone finish one on another forum! :P )

• RMweb Premium

RTR Leader? We've been here before <_<

The shop in question expected to supply said model in four liveries (two fictitious), and had hired Dapol to produce said model, with pre-orders being taken for the model. As of 2010 - nearly two years later - no news and a website in which the Leader threads are left strangely unanswered...

mmm that will be this lot then...My link

Thanks for link 2ManySpams. It seems strange to me (speaking as a steam fan) they are doing a short run of 'Westerns' when this model is already available. No one seems to think of duplicating steam locos on the same scale that diesels are duped. I wish they would though.....A decent 4F wouldn't go amiss. smile.gif

Voice lurid complaints about the market being saturated and nobody able to afford all this stuff so why ever did they make it instead of doing a Stephenson long-boiler 0-6-0?

I predict a big demand for locos suitable for modelling the Rosedale line once all the diesels are done and gathering dust on various retailers' shelves and everybody has a layout of a cornish china clay branch.

Stationmaster

Locos for the Rosedale Branch would be fantastic, especially as Bill Bedford is bringing out a model of the S1 Ironstone Hopper used on this line = NE equivalent of the China Clay trains. Suitable loco from Kernow definitely wont happen though with their attention on SW stock and good luck to them.

Well now after realising the Kernow connection, and having posted something similar elsewhere, for the steam lot (despite my well known North Eastern preference) Id hope it would be a Western Region King class locomotive. I know its a big machine to model by such a shop, but with the GWR 175 it would be a great addition to the western region lot, who, like other regions lately, seem to have a wealth of engines coming their way.

Ive just gone and bought a Western region castle class owing to the bigger King not being available, as I have a soft spot for the Western region and so, if there was one available, Id love to see it done to modern high modelling standards.

could they be doing the port of par 0-4-0 saddle tanks, ie bill and ben from thomas the tank. as Bachmann has the tooling from the thomas characters forthcoming in its american range??

they are linked to china clay traffic also. makes sense!

I doubt it will be a King as they would sell as a standard model to not need to be commisioned. Most likely a rarity so Alfred and Judy (the Port of Par pair) fit in nicely - I'd certainly buy them - go with my kit built 13XX and forthcoming Well Tank.

could they be doing the port of par 0-4-0 saddle tanks, ie bill and ben from thomas the tank. as Bachmann has the tooling from the thomas characters forthcoming in its american range??

they are linked to china clay traffic also. makes sense!

I think Hornby hold the exclusive 'Thomas' rights in the UK, which is why the Baccy ones can't be imported and sold within the UK.sad.gif

However, Hornby do have an 0-4-0 dock saddle tank in their history, don't they?unsure.gif

What about a Z-class to get things up the hill between the Exeters?ohmy.gif

Richard

Archived