MRE - New models to be announced 4 Sep

Adams442T

I think Kernow Model Centre are doing an announcement or two, and bearing in mind their Cornwall / South West affiliation, I'm hoping for an Adams Radial 4-4-2T ;)

Many a true word spoken in jest !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Thats the weekend of the Kernow exhibition down in Redruth and some of the big players are going to be there. So it will probably be something Kernow Models are likely to want to commission. Wouldn't it be interesting if Hornby got in on this special edition lark. Perhaps they are going to do GT3 on a Black 5 chassis?

Joking apart, GT3 wasn't on a Black Five chassis - checking the wheel spacing a Manor is pretty well spot on.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Didnt realize it was Kernow. Okay, then a GWR 0-6-0 1361-65 Saddle Tank or 1366-71 Pannier Tank, outside cylinder an' all that.

More like a 16xx or 64/74xxdry.gif

My reasoning was simple. Three 13XX 0-6-0PTs replaced the LSWR Beattie 2-4-0WTs in 1961 so they fit in well with the china clay experience. Also cute ideal dock tanks.

Enthusiast made pilgrimages just to see the GW engines because they were unusual, whereas no one took a blind bit of notice of the postwar 16XX locos. The latter just don't fill a niche.

Joking apart, GT3 wasn't on a Black Five chassis - checking the wheel spacing a Manor is pretty well spot on.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

I based my comment on what I had read on Wickipedia and one or two other sources which stated that the basis was a BR Standard Class 5 chassis. The only GT3 kit available for this that I know of actually suggests a Hornby Black 5 chassis is the one to use.

Guest Max Stafford

... and a Thompson A2/3 from Hornby..... unsure.gif

Pack it in man, I'll be building one of those bu99ers shortly...! ;)

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Another plus for the Adams Radial is that I believe (at least from a conversation I overheard at the Bluebell recently) that the Radial is likely to get its overhaul soon and hopefully not too long before it's back in operation. Of course I could have been hearing things but you never know...

There's an awful lot of frothing days left till 4 September - I'll be surprised if Kernow manages to keep the lid on this till then. Maybe we should start thinking about Hornby's December press day instead and whether there should be an embargo......

There, Andy, that should take the pressure off you and Kernow!!!

CHRIS LEIGH

... and a Thompson A2/3 from Hornby..... unsure.gif

MaxStafford said :

Pack it in man, I'll be building one of those bu99ers shortly...! wink.gif

May the sun stream upon you honeyway. I hope you got a straight deal and said Hycilla as you passed the sun castle on Watling street. Own tudor is a good name and Ocean's swell. Plug in the iron and take a steady aim, otherwise the damn thing could end up airborne and you'll end up with herrinbone for tea. smile_mini2.gif

Guest eddie reffin

There's an awful lot of frothing days left till 4 September - I'll be surprised if Kernow manages to keep the lid on this till then. Maybe we should start thinking about Hornby's December press day instead and whether there should be an embargo......

There, Andy, that should take the pressure off you and Kernow!!!

CHRIS LEIGH

Genius!

Top man Chris.

Cheers

Eddie

Archived