Model Rail 137

dibber25

Model Rail 137 contents:

Highlights:

Pete Waterman's layout photographed by Chris Nevard.

Heljan Kestrel review

Hornby Clan review

Model Rail's Project Sentinel announced

Win a layout worth ??2,000

News: Hornby Castle and Bachmann 105 pictures

Reviews: As above plus Metcalfe semi-detached houses etc.

Blackmill modern image layout

'J21' - conclusion of George's construction article. Bid for the model!

Masterclass '9F's

Heeley Bank Road - BR blue in N

Arnold N track - a layout you could win

Steam era coal trains - 2

LNER Clayton railcar in O

Run it like a real railway (Conclusion of series)

Bratchell EMUs

Nigel Burkin on track building

Model Rail Scenery Expert DVd - new programme

Evening Class - brass wagon chassis

BIG VALUE 180-page issue for just ??3.30 plus a 100 page Expo Tools Guide.

NEXT ISSUE (MR 138) HAS A COVER_MOUNTED DVD programme which includes some exclusive prototype filming of the WCML and the West Highland line from the air - worth getting for this alone!

And another BIG announcement from the magazine that makes things happen!

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Just received mine, well at my old address anyway (my mum just dropped it in for me) and looks a very good issue from the brief flick I have given it. Now, them Sentinels, I like quirky little engines but how do I justify one on the Southern Region? At some point someone will be along to confirm one was sighted on the S&D once!!!

Need to get my sub address changed, trouble is I am not sure which of the various numbers printed above the address is my sub number, I am guessing the five digit number on the right?

Guest eddie reffin

Back to the Mag! Much better issue this time around. Matt had it out my hands fairly quickly and has issued a list for Santaohmy.gif It's rather long. Pleased that the postal problems didn't hold it up (the mag not the listbiggrin.gif )

Best article was on Blackmill...simply brilliant

Cheers

Eddie

• RMweb Gold

Yes a good issue and the mouth watering sentinel, now next as you've done all the Wisbech articles . . . wink.gif laugh.gif

Pete W's editorial makes a few good points and I think I can guess who he's refering to although I never considered it before. The modern image OO is superb.

Now all I need is to come up with a scale model of the UK to put all these geographically diverse new models on. Is there a risk models won't get pre-orders as there is so much coming out? Personally I have a huge list of wagons from Bachmann and Dapol and MPV's, 4 ceps Well tanks now a Sentinel.

I'm not complaining as but are our eyes in danger of being bigger than our pockets soon.

And another BIG announcement from the magazine that makes things happen!

CHRIS LEIGH

Cue debate and speculation about what this is going to be.....

I'll say I hope its a North Eastern machine, like I always do, so thats a J21, Q6, K1 or G5 please.....

Then everyone will say no.... its a ......

• RMweb Premium

Got to admit it was the only reason i baught it this month.

When is Blackmill on show in the next 12 months Mick? Would travel to see this layout.

Hi Simon,

Confirmed dates for 2010:

February - Rochdale

March - Kidderminster Show cancelled - see thread in "exhibitions"

October - Blackburn

November - NEC

Possibility of a couple of other Northern shows May and September.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Are there any problems with delivery to subscribers? Just that mine hasn't arrived yet, my home PC is broke,and I'm not sure if the subscription has run out - though I thought it was on 'perpetual' renewal!

No problem with my copy, on the doorstep Tuesday morning, not a bad read this month....

Daz

• RMweb Gold

It is NOT a model of any sort in any scale, so no need to froth.

Are there any problems with delivery to subscribers?

No. But there was a postal strike....

CHRIS LEIGH

And there was also a very useful email from Bauer Publications explaining exactly that and saying that subscription copies might be delayed because of the strike. Something which needn't have been done as the strike was well publicised (if that is the right word) but a nice touch showing the publishers were interested in trying to maintain a service for their subscription customers :icon_thumbsup2: .

It is NOT a model of any sort in any scale, so no need to froth.

Are there any problems with delivery to subscribers?

No. But there was a postal strike....

CHRIS LEIGH

One of the manufacturers moving out of China due to problems with production - despite the fact that arent things returning to normal and backlogs starting to be cleared?

Maybe a new enterant into production, like a small company that made kits is doing RTR now?

Its made it quite hard to think of if its doesnt relate to a specific model or any kind.... am intregued and looking forward to the next edition. This edition has been good and despite modelling modern image meets preserved rail - I have enjoyed the masterclass of the j21 and 9F. Also the recent feature on coal trains has been interesting, but have to admit, am disheartened not to have seen a North Eastern engine hauling coal pictured somewhere in them yet, given it was the black gold, hauled around the north east for more than fifty years.

• RMweb Gold

Is it anything to do with the email sent to the readers' panel last week?

Paul

I've wondered about that - but, if not, what are the other likely candidates?

• The magazine being offered as a download? (Probably not - you'd also need a website.)
  • This year's issues being offered as a CD? (The originals don't last very long on that chip paper - sorry, cheap paper. What is it - recycled newsprint?)
  • Perhaps a new book by one of the ModelRail team? (When does George Dent's new book hit the shelves?)

Whatever it is, I'll probably find out sometime in December (assuming I actually see it in my local Smith's)!

Archived