Shawplan's New Blog 2012 Laserglaze Product Page

PMP

• RMweb Gold

Picked up my first set of laser glaze at RailEx.

Also got to see the Warship etches. I wasn't planning on having any D800s on my layout but having seen these I am seriously reconsidering. I'll be following developments with interest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

We've just updated the shawplan blog with a couple of interesting items that Shawplan has been working on through the summer. Following the 4mm roof fan sets for the Heljan classes 26/27/33 the glazing sets are work in progress for the late summer. Also if you're into 2mm/N gauge and like 37's ... I've also got a coach on my bench that's looking a bit nice, the final test shots done and its ready for release, news next week!

There's also some very interesting news to come on a new product range! This will be announced next week with a couple of releases as well!

post-68-0-48669900-1312481662_thumb.jpg

http://shawplan.wordpress.com/

post-68-0-74775900-1312482535_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi there,

I'm into N Gauge and like 37s... what's the news? Or does that have to wait until next week to?

cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben, click on the clicky link http://shawplan.wordpress.com/ scroll down a bit, and you'll find a piccy of interest I think. Theres some top quality etched parts under development for the current Bachmann/Grafar 37.

• RMweb Premium

post-68-0-88427400-1312981846_thumb.jpg

Today, Shawplan is pleased to announce their 'Heritage' range. Initially it will cover popular 4mm RTR steam locomotives, and as you can see from the above image the Bachmann Pannier is first into the range, covering both low and high cab variants. There will be further additions, we're working on a programme of releases within the Autumn and Winter show season.

There will be a further announcement and some pictures of a new BR Mk1 glazing product too. Both these products will be available at Midland Railex this weekend.

PMP

pp

Brian Hanson

http://www.shawplan.com/index.htm

post-68-0-14814100-1312983104_thumb.jpg

Very nice they are too though I did educate Brian last week about the 8750 class not 87xx!

post-174-0-11381300-1312991107_thumb.jpg

I'll post pictures of them fitted to pannier tanks later as i've got a couple of cabs done now.

edit: Quick mobile shots of the test cab and another black pannier i've fitted windows to last night (right). You lose that massive joining piece inside the cab and mine were a good push fit after I just tidied the cab mould and paint a little where there was a burr.

I'll take these out and paint the edge black and t-cut the fronts a little to polish them before these are finished but its a nice modelling project that makes a big difference to the look as per the diesel glazing I think!

post-174-0-78876300-1312999352_thumb.jpg

post-174-0-95291900-1312999542_thumb.jpg

Note the pillars visible in the windows of the one on the left, a nice flat pane of glass is visible on the right though I need to get the fingerprints off!

post-174-0-35666900-1312999550_thumb.jpg

Not sure what Charlie at DC kits thinks of Brian's new steamy lusty gaze ;).

A Britannia would be a good idea, especially that little window on the tender that looks a bit awful. The side windows on the Castle are another obvious candidate.

• RMweb Premium

post-68-0-48916500-1313162811_thumb.jpg

In addition to the Shawplan 'Heritage' range announced this week, we're pleased to bring you the Laserglaze window sets for the Bachmann MK1 Suburban coach range.

post-68-0-23885100-1313163035_thumb.jpg

Completing the trio of the most popular Class 47's in the 4mm RTR market, we have now tooled the Bachmann Class 47 which is now available. See stock numbers below.

post-68-0-70056000-1313163225_thumb.jpg

EEFG4701 ViTrain Class 47 Laserglaze

EEFG4701 Heljan Class 47 Laserglaze

EEFG4703 Bachmann Class 47 Laserglaze

These are available ex-stock, and we're at Midland Railex this weekend at Butterley

PMP

pp

Cheers!

Brian Hanson

Shawplan.com

• RMweb Premium

D150-

My oh my! That laser glaze sure does change the look of some of those models,

I converted it to a peak as the number was wrong for the roof grills :punish: .

Speaking of Peaks, I've seen some nice 'shineys' in R&D ...

• RMweb Premium

And please the oft mentioned Bachmann Bullied coaches.....with early narrow toplights????

Both shallow and deep please - (underframes will need some alterations too to suit but Comet do all those bits)

Guest Max Stafford

How do I get in touch to order these items please?

The website doesn't refer to them guys, unless I need a trip to Specsavers*!

Dave.

*other high street optical outlets are available.

How do I get in touch to order these items please?

The website doesn't refer to them guys, unless I need a trip to Specsavers*!

Dave.

*other high street optical outlets are available.

It's not the most straightforward of sites- to find references to the new glazing, click on 'For the most up-to-date Shawplan and Extreme Etchings news' link, which connects you to his blog.

Archived