Shawplan's New Blog 2012 Laserglaze Product Page

PMP

Forgive the question but I'm in the 'States and can't easily attend Exhibitions in the UK.

Is there a site where I can see listed all the detailing parts available from Shawplan? I seem to find bits and pieces but not what I'm looking for (which right now is for various Class 37's).

Thanks, Pete.

• RMweb Premium

Forgive the question but I'm in the 'States and can't easily attend Exhibitions in the UK.

Is there a site where I can see listed all the detailing parts available from Shawplan? I seem to find bits and pieces but not what I'm looking for (which right now is for various Class 37's).

Thanks, Pete.

Pete

Unfortunately not at the moment there isn't, that was one reason for developing the blog. The web site is work in progress to get it to a database type facility integrating detailing components and nameplates etc. As I understand Brians idea the revised web site will do exactly that sort of thing. Problem is of course that Brian's a one man band so he has to do lots of juggling with R&D, web page build, selling stuff, designing stuff, attending shows, and having a bit of time off once in a while.

With the new releases it was considered a good idea to have an easy to update facility to show new items to get news out fast, hence the blog. So far it seems to be working with north of 21k+ hits since Sep 2010 when it went on line. I help with the blog updates, and I'll have a think about how we might help with that idea, and if it can be integrated whilst keeping the 'KISS' principle to the fore.

hth

• 3 weeks later...

Just a note as a satisfied customer

Notwithstanding new blog, Brian at Shawplan is still delivering excellent service via e-mail - never had anything but first class service from him, - excellent stuff Brian - definitely first rate n gauge nameplates, sir - can set about renaming my squadron of D800s. [D810's goint to take a few mods though].

Any other WR hydraulic enthusiasts out there, worth checking with him what he's got - I don't think everything is listed on the website.

Matt Wood

• RMweb Premium

Hornby CLASS 60 WINDOWS

Just as a heads up and hot off the press for Nottingham, the laser cut glazing pack for the Hornby class 60 is now available, so new there are no product images yet!

Catalogue number EEFG6001 Price Code L

(price at time of press £9.00)

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Latest update now at the blog http://shawplan.wordpress.com/

Warship Class 42 and 43 roof grille assemblies are in stock, image of Class 42 assembly here, and the Hornby fan and grille set. If you are working on a 31 and want to order the roof fans, for Airfix/Lima the 'A' kit is required, for current Hornby you need the 'B' kit. There is a difference in the kits, see blog for details.

PP Brian H

post-68-0-57116200-1304543804_thumb.jpg

post-68-0-01879700-1304543836_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hint - take one's wallet :laugh:

I did! And spent nothing at Shawplan, because although the Deltic etches are now on official release, virtually none of them can be used on the ProtoDeltic! Veni vidi vici!! :yahoo:

You ought to see what I did spend money on, though....:(

• RMweb Premium

Brian Hanson has confirmed that he is to release laser-cut flush glazing for Bachmann Bulleids when the exhibition season draws to a close.

A very welcome product from an excellent supplier.

DesA

Just found this thread. Had a good chat with Brian at the Melksham show in April about glazing for the Bulleid coaches. Cracking idea. The windows (lights) on that era of Bachmann coaches are heavily recessed and this stands out big time when compared to current models such as the Maunsells. I've tried the SE Finecast 'flush glaze' but, whilst the effect is better than RTR, it's not great.

There's a great possibility with the Bulleids though. They were built with two different depths of window vents. Bachmann have only ever produced the later deeper variant. If Brian's kits involve cutting out the current window bars then either deep or shallow vents could be put back. I'm sure both options will be well received by Southern modellers. I'll certainly be getting some for a 3-Set L.

• RMweb Gold

There's a great possibility with the Bulleids though. They were built with two different depths of window vents. Bachmann have only ever produced the later deeper variant. If Brian's kits involve cutting out the current window bars then either deep or shallow vents could be put back. I'm sure both options will be well received by Southern modellers. I'll certainly be getting some for a 3-Set L.

Bachmann actually managed to produce a vent that was between the shallow and deep vents, although as the moulding has the raised detail around the edge I assume it was meant to be the deep vent.

Anyways, after a goodly number of people expressing an interest in the coaches, quite a few this weekend at Railex too, it would seem the next taxi off the rank could well be the Bulleids. Don't expect them next week though <_<

Watch this space, oh, and the blog.

Thanks.

• RMweb Premium

Smashing news. A real pity that Bachmann have for a few years now missed a trick on capitalising on the success Hornby have had with the Maunsells. Still, Bachmann's loss is your gain.

With the window issues being resolved, I guess it is safe to order a set Bulleids now. Probably will have to repaint to SR Malachite for 1946-47 period as the current production appears to be SR as in Southern Region green. Chris, I understand it should be a BSK-CK-BSK set for Waterloo West of England services but only the CK appears in current Bachmann production. Guess I could stick it between two Maunsells.

Archived