Shawplan's New Blog 2012 Laserglaze Product Page

PMP

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

I spoke to Brian earlier this week and yes, in due course etched window surrounds will be available, no lead time yet. For those that aren't interested in the etch, the glasing is currently available.

PMP

PP

Brian @ Shawplan

Any news of these?

(To save you scrolling back, we were talking about - and you apparently agreed to produce - etched side window frames for the class 26.)

Over two years later, anything happening?

Any news of these?

(To save you scrolling back, we were talking about - and you apparently agreed to produce - etched side window frames for the class 26.)

Why not give Brian a call... he's very pleasant to talk to and always willing to chat about what's new. I'm guessing he's a lot on his plate at the moment, but once the bits arrive you'll be very pleased.

• RMweb Premium

Any news of these?

Thanks, but this was me contacting him.

Thanks, but this was me contacting him.

Hi Daddyman.

Brian barely has time to answer the phone, let alone read the many forums that might discuss his products ...

As stated many times before on here .. he is a one man Outfit.

if you have no luck getting him on the phone, please email him, he usually replies within a reasonable "one man business" timescale ( and I'm not talking about seconds, minutes or hours either ).

Brian took a bit of time off from the business over Xmas, but unless he was away and had had the 'Puter confiscated, you can bet your last Pound that he was still working on something or another at some point during his 'Holiday'

Anyways, as stated on here above the etched stainless steel sliding cabside windows are on the list of things to do and will be done as soon as Brian gets to them .... I have over 30 73's waiting for new and upgraded detailing parts and I am happy to wait for them as they will arrive at some point.

If i wasn't I would go out and find a class to teach me how to CAD design and then get my own parts drawn and etched ( and, I suspect, find out just how much time and effort, test pieces and cost it takes to make some thing that retails at £4.50 - £6.50 a pack !).

Cheers, a different

Mike.

Running on from the above post by Meld, I'm waiting for Brian to do some Peak parts and you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm one of hundreds of people who want Brian to produce something for their particular niche.

I always find the best way to catch up with Brian is to see him in person at one of the many shows he attends during the year and have a good old natter about our wonderful hobby and the way we can improve on some of the ready to run stuff.

Those who follow my work will know I'm a big fan of Brians work, but there comes a point when one has to accept he only has one pair of hands and in my particular case, this just means I will be detailling a load of 40's and a trio of 20's before my long awaited Peak bits are ready for me to buy......

Cheers.

Sean.

• RMweb Premium

No, it was you posting on a forum! Not the same thing!!!

It is a bit like shouting and expecting Brian to hear you....if you want an answer then better to do as suggested and give him a ring.

Cheers, Mike

Well, this thread is called "shawplan's new blog" - so, unreasonable as it may seem, I expected him to blog on it, or even read it.

As for phoning him, maybe I'm just unlucky but my experiences of trying to phone him over the past couple of years have put me off. I've more or less stopped trying to get through. I've even starting buying another manufacturer's nameplates, or just going without Shawplan parts. I know it's a different situation, but I used to get through to the old Shawplan guaranteed, with products arriving the next day.

As I said, maybe I'm just unlucky.

Well, this thread is called "shawplan's new blog" - so, unreasonable as it may seem, I expected him to blog on it, or even read it.

As for phoning him, maybe I'm just unlucky but my experiences of trying to phone him over the past couple of years have put me off. I've more or less stopped trying to get through. I've even starting buying another manufacturer's nameplates, or just going without Shawplan parts. I know it's a different situation, but I used to get through to the old Shawplan guaranteed, with products arriving the next day.

As I said, maybe I'm just unlucky.

The thread is about the new wordpress blog that they set up to cover the laserglaze products, as linked in entry number 1 of this thread. It was not, as I see it, intended to be used by Brian to promote his products, that's what his blog, that this thread points to is for. Paul MP adds new stuff here when it's announced on Brains Wordpress Blog.

... but yes, I'd say you've been unlucky. Brian is busy, but worth trying to get hold of. If you decide to give up then yes this is always acceptable as your decision.

Jon (a grateful Shawplan/Extreme Etchings/Laserglaze customer)

I'm not sure if this is the place to suggest something but there are a few detailing bits for electrics that can be produced.

For instance:-

- Buffer beam detailing set for the Class 92
- Buffer beam detailing set for the Class 90 (compliment the PH Designs kit)
- Buffer beam detailing kit for the Class 87
- Windscreen surrounds for the Class 87
- Compressor units (not sure what its called - the two big pumps inside the rectangular frame on the underframe) for the Class 90
- Brecknell-Willis HS pantograph kit (single or a pair)
- Laserglaze kits for the Class 87, Class 90 (matching the PH Design kit) and Class 92

I'm not sure if this is the place to suggest something but there are a few detailing bits for electrics that can be produced.

- Compressor units (not sure what its called - the two big pumps inside the rectangular frame on the underframe) for the Class 90

- Laserglaze kits for the Class 87, Class 90 (matching the PH Design kit) and Class 92

If it was, i think that'd see Brian loaded until retirement ;-) There's always going to be a list of "wants"... and if a business assessment suggests that these are viable then there's possibly no reason for them not to go to Timbuktu .... which is where I think the back of the queue is ;-)

Surely it is better contacting Shawplan directly with suggestions, rather than relying on a thread on a forum that Brian may or may not read ?

Surely it is better contacting Shawplan directly with suggestions, rather than relying on a thread on a forum that Brian may or may not read ?

Yes it's the only way I suspect... although I think that the discussion has become a little circular and we're back to where we started. Find out what shows Brian's going to be at... and go along and have a chat; take your wallet ;)

I'm not saying he charges to chat... although sometimes those chats are so useful that perhaps I think he could  :good_mini:

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Petersspares on eBay now has a huge range of Shawplan bits most BIN, this has appeared within the last week.

Just bought some flush glaze bits to add to my burgeoning Shawplan box.

A convenient way to buy, and fully understand Brian's logistical problems in supplying by mail as a one man band.

My recent nameplate order by mail was dealt with swiftly and efficiently.

Neil

• 1 year later...

Archived