Hallenby (Including Little Hallenby)

60026to

what do you think of the new Hornby class 67?

bondy

Better than the Limby effort.

No I quite like them, after all it does look like a 67, runs very well. When Bachmann release  their MK2F it should be a nice looking train, although I am having trouble running them in top 'n' tail mode. I probably go for the the type of couplers that come with Hornby's KFAs.

The 67s are not in the same league as the 60 but not far behind.

The best of the initial 3 releases in my opinion is EWS 67001 I just wish they had selected a different number although I'm sure other EWS ones will follow in the next few years.

Cheers.

Didnt realize you was on rmweb mate.its good to see your layout via photos as it shows everything that you miss from watching videos on youtube and the layout has some very good detail.

I have now subbed to you so i can see future updates.

Terry

Glebe road junction.

Cheers Terry, I've been here for years ;) . Thanks for the sub

Should really had done a multi quote, sorry.

• 1 month later...

Okay and now for something completely different.

post-7575-0-08216200-1370891478.jpg

After many months of muttering about N gauge I have finally taken the plunge and bought some bits and bobs.

A Dapol starter trainset was purchased last month and ideas and thoughts have gone through my mind, after a short holiday in Devon last week a few other bits were bought.

post-7575-0-75679800-1370891524.jpg

At the moment the trainset loop is on top of the coffee table, not ideal but until the baseboards are built not alot else can happen.

A new thread will be started for this new exciting project when something baseboard like has been built.

As for Hallenby it is on hold for now.

Cheers.

• 7 months later...

Hi Matt,

Did you start a thread for your N gauge dabbling? 

Cheers

Graham.

Sorry Graham for the very delayed reply.

No I haven't started a thread yet, even though my foamboard base boards have been built and the track has been fixed down for a number of months now.

I just haven't had the time or the will to do anything N Gauge.

I recieved a number of N Gauge items for Christmas but haven't even opened the boxes yet, I just shunted them up in the loft.

Some time in the future I hope to start doing something N Gauge like and post some photographic progress reports, when I don't know.

As for my OO Gauge layout up in the loft, zero has happened and I can't remember the last time I ran  train up there.

It appears that my modelling mojo is MIA, I hope it comes back soon though.

Kind regards,

Matt.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers David.

The plan today is to pop down too the post office, buy some beer and spend a little time on my N Gauge dabblings.

I built the baseboards and laid the track about 6 months ago and I am quite pleased with how the foamboard has lasted, ie no sagging or warping*.

I did use set track curves, with the turnouts and main running lines being Code 55. All of the track has been glued down with PVA with a raised track bed of Daler Board.

The raised service depot employs the same method but has been ballasted with fine sand.

*I have encountered one slight problem with the sector plate being that it has warped and will have to be replaced but thats nothing major.

When I get around to doing more scenic work and fix the backscene in place I hope to post some videos with a slight difference to my usual OO Gauge offerings.

I suppose I should really give this project a name so as a work-in-progress title, 'Little Hallenby' will have to do for now, I may even give it, it's own little thread !

Cheers for now.

Archived