Hallenby (Including Little Hallenby)

60026to

Hi

Hallenby is one of my favorite modern image layouts,Ive enjoyed viewing your YouTube videos-especially the double headed 37s with sound B)

Is an extension on the cards? :)

Well thanks very much:blush:

Hang on until next week and all shall become clear.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

Well the wallet and the wife's purse has taken a right beating over the last week or so buying far to much new stock to run on Hallenby:blink:

As its my birthday in a couple of weeks I shall be recieving so of it then with and other stuff due at Christmas.

I don't really like to say what I bought this week or that week but today I shall make an exception:rolleyes:

So here goes:

2 x Bachmann BDA (to go with the 7 I already had.

2 x Dapol KQA (3 in total)

2 x Dapol Freightliner FEA (7 in total)

10 x Bachmann Lafarge JPA

8 x Bachmann EWS MBA

6 x Bachmann EWS MOA

8 x Dapol Network Rail IOA

3 x Hornby FGW Mk3 coaches

I think thats all the rolling stock.

Locos wise:

66411 DRS/Stobart

60042 EWS Sound

And finally a brand spanking FGW Hornby HST.

As you can see I not only had to make so room on the layout but sound is alright but I thought that if it could go to a good home it would also ge me a few extra funds as it happens I have no intrest in the sound locos what so ever so it looks like they will staying with meB)

60042 which has the factory fitted sound chip was bought last week, I really just wanted the loco but eventually gave in and bought the whole thing, 60042 should debut in two weeks time.

2010 has been a lean year for buying new stuff until last week:lol: You have all heard about the 'kid in a sweet shop' well with me its just a ' pre 40 year old in a model shop':lol:

Other items are on the list , like more FGW Mk3s and of course Bachmann's MPV and Class 70, I just hope that they delay the release of the latter by about 12 months:P

Anyway I think that I have used up my smiley quota for this post, have a safe trip to Denver.

Laters.

Matt.

• RMweb Premium

Hello again Matt

That's one hell of a birthday present list, although as its your 40th there's an excuse I guess, many happy returns for Sunday week!

What's put you off the sound then? I've only recently(ish) bought half a dozen chips from Howes after operating Leaford at a couple of exhibitions and getting bitten by the bug. They are good to play with but I think if all my locos were making a noise it would just become background noise, so I'm not sure how many more I will fit but I do like the sound of a 33 or 50 thrashing around from time to time!B)

I'm surprised you haven't had any interest in the sound locos so far, are you wanting shot of the locos or just the sound? Have you thought about selling the chips on their own, perhaps via ebay? If you sell them seperate buyers could have them reblown to any loco if they wanted rather than be limited by the loco, just a thought.

Anyway looking forward to seeing more of Hallenby soon and I'll send you a PM.

Hello again Matt

That's one hell of a birthday present list, although as its your 40th there's an excuse I guess, many happy returns for Sunday week!

What's put you off the sound then? I've only recently(ish) bought half a dozen chips from Howes after operating Leaford at a couple of exhibitions and getting bitten by the bug. They are good to play with but I think if all my locos were making a noise it would just become background noise, so I'm not sure how many more I will fit but I do like the sound of a 33 or 50 thrashing around from time to time!B)

I'm surprised you haven't had any interest in the sound locos so far, are you wanting shot of the locos or just the sound? Have you thought about selling the chips on their own, perhaps via ebay? If you sell them seperate buyers could have them reblown to any loco if they wanted rather than be limited by the loco, just a thought.

Anyway looking forward to seeing more of Hallenby soon and I'll send you a PM.

It is nice to have the sound element on the railway but with the factory fitted stuff its so limited and I personally think that DCC sound locos have a long way to go, the horn on a Bachmann 66 is probably the worst offender as it sounds bloody awful. Don't get me wrong as some of the sound stuff is pretty good, its just not the 'whole package' yet.

I have thought about selling the chips on their own but being a clumsy oath I don't want to damage anything !

I'm due a bit of loft time later on I may have a look and see whats going on.

Cheers for now,

Matt.

Hi Matt, that is a nice shopping list, you must have had a big smile on your face on leaving with that lot in hand!

Is the sound chip in 60042 the same as the one in 048? I would have quite liked to add that one to my fleet but have had to stop purchasing stock, especially modern locos as funds are needed for my latest project.

I look forward to seeing video of 042 in action.

• 2 weeks later...

The wife and had a quick trip up the M5 to Cheltenham today on a track misson.

I eventually left the shop with some more concrete Code 75 and even managed to buy one of their concrete right handed turnoutsB)

They also had a hefty stock of Dapols KQAs priced at £17.50 ( but no containers)so I bought two .

Next week I have planned a major track renewal on the high level (replacing the non ballasted scenic mainlines) and also shoe horn in a couple more through sidings for the storage yards.

Two more FGW Mk3 were also bought (TF and a TGS) but the HST will not debut until Xmas 2010:angry:

pics and vids will follow next week.

Cheers.

hey Matt

I have just had a read through your thread very nice work indeed mate, Hallenby is one of my fav's with all the tugs!! :rolleyes:

I do like your latest list of rolling stock a man after my own heart wih all those modern wagons!

The Dapol KQA pockets are a superb wagon, I have a couple of weathered ones from hattons!

Keep up the good work, and dont forget to upload a few more videos to youtube, when your new stock arrives!

Bondy

Cheers Bondy,

For the last 9 hours or so I have been relaying most of the track on the high level with even a tweak or two with some of the lower level mainlines that run under the high level. Of course has usually happens with railway modelling I didn't manage to finish off with what I had intended so tomorrow should see all of the high level wired up and tested with vids on Weds but maybe Thursday.

I did have a little play on Sunday before all of the track re-modelling and to say that I am impressed with Bachmann MBAs is a gross understatement they are superb, even better with tug 040 at the helm.

Hi Matt

I've just been flicking through some of my old Model Rail bookmarks on the internet and came across your old RMWeb page that I had bookmarked. I've just had a quick read through that one and then looked you up on the new site. I had forgotten all about your layout and I struggle to keep up with all of the layouts on here. I'm glad I've found you again and great to see you making progress and buying lots too!

Happy 40th for last week.

Dave

Cheers Dave, I know exactly what you mean about trying to keep up with whats on here.

And now for something completely different...

Over this past week I have put in a good few hours in the loft and have managed to reach the little goals that I set myself but I didn't get around to taking any photos, instead I have dabbled with commentry on my YouTube vids. If they are a success then I shall do some more if not then I'll shut up and get the camera out LOL.

Heres 'Video Blog' number 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnkpgyDv6vs

• 2 months later...

Sorry peeps for the lack of updates on this thread but for the first time in literally years I decided to have a photo shoot in the loft.

There have been a few changes to the layout since the last photo update (November 2009 !!):unsure: Here are a handful of pics of the station area...

post-7575-0-65574600-1295308368_thumb.jpg

post-7575-0-56187000-1295308408_thumb.jpg

post-7575-0-89721200-1295308470_thumb.jpg

post-7575-0-32218100-1295308519_thumb.jpg

Many Thanks for all of your positive feedback and for looking,

Cheers,

Matt.

post-7575-0-85395400-1295308651_thumb.jpg

post-7575-0-28946900-1295308671_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Matt

Good to see an update the station is looking great, how are your track reworkings coming on? The HST looks good as well, if a little too modern for me, its nice to see a passenger service amongst all the freights.

Leon

If I remember correctly from old rmweb I think Matt got the barbed wire from www.ironcladminatures.co.uk

Thanks Ian, Yes Leon the barbed was bought from Iron Clad Minatures from a local MREX and very good it is too.

As for the track re-working not alot. One of my ideas was to replace the station baseboard and have much cleaner looking platform and concrete track but with my little tinkering sessions over the last couple of days I may, just may leave it alone for the time being.

The old Service Depot area still has most of the track in situ but what plans I had for that area are on the back burner, for now its just a small wagon storage yard with no access to the mainlines.

The HST does look the part (even in the fog* !) and if I had a spare siding and a spare £300 I would definately buy a second 8 coach rake :D

Many thanks for looking, cheers for now.

Matt.

* I don't think my camera liked not being used for over a year :blink:

Hi Matt. great vidios and pics , i think the station looks fine, shame to rip it up...but if you fancy a change go for it . Also Like all the new stock , thats what I need ...but its sooo £££££..I will have to wait for some bargins to pop up ..will keep a eye on the up-dates , keep up the good work..cheers :drink_mini:

Archived