Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening chums,

Extremely late on parade due to 1) work and 2) self indulgence of the 'Western Railtour' variety yesterday!

Not had time to catch up today so hope all's well with fellow ER's. In the meantime, a quick snifter from yesterday's 'Western Wessexman' tour with D1015 powering away from Stourbridge Junction on the way down to Worcester and beyond... as ever 'The Mule' was on fine form with some very fast running where line speed allowed...

post-7638-0-79971400-1378668002_thumb.jpg

TTFN ;)

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 9

Dottore, David Hidalgo is a great guitarist with Los Lobos....

Somehow Pete, I think the original owners were thinking of Carlos Daniel Hidalgo (born 1986), Colombian football player as opposed to David Hidalgo (born 1954), U.S. musician (and I agree, a brilliant guitarist)

iD

p.s. You may be interested to learn, Pete, that at one point we were considering renaming the dog "BB" - as in BB King, alas Mrs iD wheeled out the veto...

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 1

Evening all,  

The 'net seems to be playing nicely this evening, so here is just a few of what I get up to. Turning nice green bush into power plant.. (10.5mw @ 11,000volts..)  Just no got to wait for the civils guys to do the foundations for the boilers so that the waste exhaust heat can be used to generate steam to create  another MW. 

Nice tropical rainstorm now......oh joy the site tomorrow.......

post-4282-0-34981800-1378670192.jpg

post-4282-0-20022100-1378670228.jpg

post-4282-0-01573500-1378670262.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

You lot have the capacitance to make puns in any situation, I almost choked on some of them.

Where's the "Groan" button when you need one............

Best, Pete.

The first 30 or 40 puns are ok but 50Hz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Good luck with your new best friend iD. We took in a dog from the Dog Trust whose name was supposedly Pedro. He didn't respond to it at all. The staff seemed surprised anyone would take him as he just lay on his bed rather depressed. He became a brilliant dog mainly due to Marion's love and care. He did have the odd problem like suddenly dragging you across the road when he smelt a chip bag.

I am somewhat E static about the puns.

Don

• Like 1

Morning all,

I didn't get on over the weekend, so I have a bit to catch up on.

We went to the Technikmuseum in Speyer on Saturday, which was a good day out as usual.

My Girlfriend headed out early on a business trip, and so I have an hour or so before the little guy has to get up for school.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 2

Good to see the Doc.

Hope all turns out well.

"Schotti" is a good name and easily adapted should the dog develop dirty habits.

Liked all the puns but can't stop to tick everyone.

Dealing with a small panic here.

Turned on one of the new storage heaters overnight with the result it nearly suffocated us with fumes from the new elements/bricks.

Good morning all,   'nets been playing hide-n-seek here so far this morning.....not much to report although yesterdays Pizza  is still repeating.. (or was it just me being greedy for scoffing so much?)  

So off to see what the sparks are up to today. 

Be good, and careful try to find something to smile at,

Trev.

Morning all

There is a letter on the doormat.

It has been there for four days.

I'd pick it up but it says do not bend.

I received a message in a bottle two years ago.

It told me the milkman wouldn't be delivering any more.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

The wuffer looks a good 'un iD.

A lovely morning again bright and crisp ( = getting colder), overcast when I arrived in Sax but the sun is now out and things are warming nicely.

Have a good day all.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

Seems to have been an outage, but having made my usual trip to Facebook first, I was ready for this, as Andy Y posts there and on Twitter to keep us up to date.

Managed a goodly amount of strimming and some mowing yesterday, so the garden looks tidy. A bit of drizzle so far, and it's very overcast, but I do feel every time they forecast rain it goes before it gets here!

Off on my first animal and bird feeding jaunt later this morning.

Hope your week goes well.

• RMweb Premium

Blue/grey sky.... cool...

Off to dentist to get tooth repaired (ouch!)  then back to painting the plaster in the railway room....

Have a yippeedddoo sort of day good people!!

Barry O

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

seems we've had a drop of rain overnight and still the occasional drizzle coming down and it got a lot colder yesterday so it was time for Mrs Stationmaster to give the wood burner its first lighting of this end of the year.  Sounds like DD's new storage heaters came from Dreams - nasty smells R'us it would seem.

Today was meant to be garden related tasks but I might slope off to Reading if I get permission and see how Modelzone is looking in its last few days.

Have a good day one & all.

PS  Seeing Ian's comments about strimming reminds me of a gift I received from the gardener last week.  He needed to strim the area first and he doesn't like linefeed problems so he took the head off my strimmer and fitted a new one - dead simple plastic thing into which two pieces of x section nylon type extrusion about 5mm wide by c12 inches long are placed at right angles to each other creating a cross with 4 cutting edges.  No line to feed, just unscrew a cap to replace the pieces of nylon (or whatever) and it cuts better than even the thickest strimmer plastic cord.  Really brilliant idea and worth looking out for.

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Damp start, 12oC & more rain to come.

Managed to cut the grass yesterday & do some weeding before the rain came then watched some Rugby in the afternoon.(missed the GP)

Today a visit to shops is planned (not by me but I have to drive) & then some tidying up in the railway room (aka spare bedroom) is needed.

Have a good one

Bob

• Like 2