The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

We've all been there Bob

Don't know whether to make that one Supportive or Funny

Aaaaaaaaaarghh , Ffffffffffffffflip & Bu##er it,

Guess who's always telling wife/kids/grandkids not to leave phone chargers plugged in with leads dangling on the floor.

Guess who's always telling them that if they do that there is a very good chance that they might get hoovered up if not spotted in time.

Guess who's just spent the last few minutes extricating a mangled lead from the hoover beater bar & then realised it was his own bl##dy charger that he had left plugged in with the lead dangling on the floor. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

We've all been there Bob

Ed

I have no idea what happened there!

Ed

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning up there!  ;)

Another day another doctor here yesterday has ensured I rattle like a pharmacy in an earthquake today.  The good news is things are feeling somewhat better as a direct result.  Don't get older - it's not good for you!

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning up there!   ;)

Another day another doctor here yesterday has ensured I rattle like a pharmacy in an earthquake today.  The good news is things are feeling somewhat better as a direct result.  Don't get older - it's not good for you!

Snap.  Middle age stinks.

Getting older?  I'm so sure I didn't tick the box for that........................

Thick fog and frost outside (& Bl**dy Cold too!) so it's the static roller bike for me this morning! 

Then perhaps a light breakfast - bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes, and a little toast - to counteract the severe loss of calories caused by the exercise......................

• Like 2

Quote from Radio 4 Today program re politicians "There are people going around  and stirring up apathy.....!"

Re Camera for pocket - I have one of these and am VERY pleased with it  

Photo  http://www.ephotozine.com/articles/fujifilm-finepix-f600exr-camera-review-17709/images/highres-fujifilmfinepixf600exr-5_1319636295.jpg

Review  http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/digital-cameras/1288114/fujifilm-finepix-f600exr

Edited by shortliner

Thanks Jack - that's just the type of camera & price I'm looking for.

My current one is a Fuji Finepix s6500fd bridge camera and although it's fine for my purposes it's almost like lugging a house brick around!

No problem - although I suspect that there is an updated version - mine happily accepts 32 mb cards so they don't need changing often - I also carry two fully charged batteries - although I have never needed to change one "mid-stream"

I have the S5500 as well, and that was why I got this one! I saw it demoed on QVC and was highly impressed

- usual suggestion - vist Jessops or similar and make sure it fits your hands, before you buy - cameras are definitely NOT "one size fits all!"

Edited by shortliner

Good day again.....

Tried uploading one of last nights Sunset shots first thing this morning,  but the internet werent playing nice so here's another go. 

The Generator sets I install (well not me physically now),  are up to 2mw,Natural Gas fueled single units derived from diesel engines.  To get the 98.9% availability demanded I normally have to install 100% diesel back up.  (Natural gas here being the fuel of choice as it is less than a third of diesel fuel per kw generated. )

Turbines arent very happy with step-loads....

Oh well, nose back to grind-stone......

Trev.

post-4282-0-02027400-1390305538.jpg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, busy morning putting up a mirror in the recently done bathroom, no great shakes really but could I find my drill bits for tiles could I hell so off to the local builders merchants (diy superstores to expensive) to purchase two new ones, spent time looking at an electric plane but refrained from a purchase.

Got home, went to get the tin of rawplugs and there was my set of tile bits!

Oh well, all done, another job struck of the list provided to me which never seems to reduce in size!!!

Dry and cold outside but an afternoon in the shed beckons tree making.

Enjoy whats left of the day

Always been happy with Fuji Finepix cameras ever since my old MX1700, which, though a brick by today's standards, is still a lovely camera.  In fact Fuji discontinued it because the successor MX2500 just didn't sell against it.  Have become a little frustrated though by my T200, which although fine for model close-ups, is useless (as most screen shot cameras are) for taking outdoor photos in any sort of sunshine.

So I've just bought a Canon SX50 HS bridge camera and it IS nice to get back to having a viewfinder again.  Early auto shots seem promising before any fiddling with settings, and the anti-shake stabilisation on telephoto shots is amazing.  Slightly heavier than Jane's new Panasonic Lumix FZ200 bridge, but that's not a problem for me.

I'll post some pix when I've downloaded them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Went to the car this morning to wipe the condensation off, its a layer of icy frost! -1.5c so 10+ minutes scraping the windscreen upshot late for first meeting of the day. Serves me right for looking through the window and thinking fog no problem.

Next door to the "Getting wiser" box :)

Bu&&rit! Didn't tick that one either!

Here's a shot taken on Saturday at a Wetlands Trust (flooded) site with my SX50 telephoto at a fair distance away.  (Reduced size copy for RMWeb)

post-312-0-03140500-1390309124.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

I had a more exciting trip out than I thought. On the road to the park a driver decided to leave a side road while I would say my side mirrors lined up with her steering wheel. Instinct took over and somehow I avoided having a little Audi sports car as a door ornament. Fortunately nothing was coming the other way. The Audi driver was very apologetic. How can you not see something the size of a Freelander right in front of you?

Anyway I assume all those years of riding a motorbike make me extra aware of junctions!

Tony

• RMweb Gold

Guys,  please be careful in choosing containers for mixing scenic material .  I've just spread hummus on my layout, and made a Hydrofibre sandwich.

Bill

I haven't done that but I probably have dipped my paintbrush in a mug of tea!