Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

... that’s because they just make sure it has an engine, 4 wheels and steering wheel ...

In BC, they don't even do that. We only have an emissions test now (we used to have something like a UK MOT). The current test checks that the car has a catalytic converter and that the car's computer thinks that the emission control systems are working properly. In addition, it checks for the presence of a credit card in the owner's wallet.

Evening all from a weary but happy Jock. Lots of walking in beautiful weather with an intake of 'Cornish Rattler' local cider at refreshment stops. Liquid anaesthetic!

Dom, that is indeed a moving video - Joanna and I sailed past the island on the 'Circle Line' cruise round Manhattan and the captain gave us enough information to prompt some research when we returned from our New York trip. Hard to believe but I think it was probably considerably easier to get in to the US then!

Pleased to hear about the MOT success Ian, our Citroen C3 Picasso will need its first test in July 2015 but luckily I built in the cost of warranty and MOT insurance when I obtained it for Joanna. I was obviously a company car man in the days before my 'bad news' but enjoyed the perks of the trade! Still miss it!! Tomorrow's the day I believe?

Joanna has been recording 'Death in Paradise' along with other such programmes and so I've warned her about the trouble some of you good folks have had - can you remind me of the exact episode so I can forewarn her please? Is it possible hers still recorded when others didn't?

The hump is over so downhill to the British Grand Prix (Time Lewis had some luck!). Have a good night,

Kind regards,

Jock.

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all. Still kind of in the ropes, but I suppose that's the way things are during the last leg of a term. My colleagues are all looking forward to the holidays, too.

Jock – I know from experience that when you use such materials with students, there's always the risk of them not being able to relate to its significance. But, as the world of a hundred years ago is far away for them, I suppose you do need to take that risk to at least try.

The song "Isle of Hope, Isle of Tears" has also been rendered by Celtic Woman:

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I wish you'd let us in on the secret.

I wish I knew it myself - if I did I'd market it and make millions!

Good morning all,

Another fine start to the day here in Sutt land.

Today I'm hopefully going to receive a BT vision box to replace my dead PVR but won't be able to set it up until Steve brings round a couple of Powerline? adapters tonight.

Climbed onto the scales yesterday and discovered my weight loss is going into reverse so will have to do something about that.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Good morning all,  not much to report from here though it is quite cool this morning , barely 23C at the moment! ...

Whatever you're up to today  remember to find some thing to smile at!

Trev.

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations - you have now arrived safely at Morning.  :D

That darned sparrow must've farted again coz there's a big orangey-red thing rising from behind the distant hills and dazzling all the tin-box drivers.

Enjoy.  It could be a lot worse.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning from a grey and overcast Leeds.

Despite le grand depart being on Saturday roads in the city centre are closed tonight as a big hooley has been arranged...

Fingers crossed it doesn't rain as I have a T20 tonight..

Stay calm and enjoy the day for tomorrow is Friday...

Baz

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Morning all

A perfect morning, with a chance that we will see 30 degrees today, which is a bit much for my tastes. I am on fatigues, so the place looks vaguely presentable when Sherry arrives on Monday. I shall be at Le Mans for most of the weekend, so cleaning today is my only real chance. The lawns just about need a trim, and as the weekend will see some rain I'd better factor that into my timetable for today, too.

Cleaner Alison & 3 young sons arrived safely in Edinburgh on her EasyJet yesterday - only to learn her dad had died half an hour before. At least she can pay her respects at the funeral. I understand these take place somewhat more quickly in Scotland than in some other parts of the UK.

Hope your week going well.

Cleaner Alison & 3 young sons arrived safely in Edinburgh on her EasyJet yesterday - only to learn her dad had died half an hour before. At least she can pay her respects at the funeral. I understand these take place somewhat more quickly in Scotland than in some other parts of the UK.

That's terrible, my sympathies. Can I assume she was expecting this, hence the trip?

I sometimes find milk a help. Neutralises the acid and puts a lining on the stomach - I believe.

Milk before bed keeps me awake and if I do get to sleep I tend to have nightmares. Maybe I'm just odd.

Edit: No, wait - that's cheese. Milk's fine! Duh...

Edited by Pete 75C

Greetings.

Heavy overcast with a possibility of rain. Much cooler than London at 18C promised for midday.

Tennis: 

Very sad at Andy's loss.

A whole batch of new names which aren't pronounced as spelled to learn!

As someone else remarked - tomorrow is Friday

I don't know what the occasion is but today's lunch is Gammon with roast potatoes and veg, maybe Bachelor's Day?!  :beee:

BoD What a disturbed night. I hope you are feeling better

AndyB I've read both the layout thread and the garage conversion and looking forward to more on the layout.

Tony, the Garret with it's load must look quite impressive. Thanks for the follow-up.

As somebody else commented, Cheer up, tomorrow is Friday. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all surrounded by chaotic kittens but they still make me laugh as they bounce about the place, the four feet together sideways leap is just comical. Other not so exciting news my mind is still writing cheques my body can't cash so I have lower back leg pain. I need an eye test and I might go for gas permeable contact lenses this time.Hopefully BoD will listen to his body and take a day off but I doubt it. Happy Thursday everyone.

• RMweb Gold

. I need an eye test and I might go for gas permeable contact lenses this time....

Aditi used to wear contact lenses and I seemed to spend a lot of time helping her look for them if one fell to the floor. Now she probably spends a similar amount of time helping me look for my reading glasses.

Probably a bit too late now for BoD's problem but I always keep a pack of Indigestion Tablets - nothing worse than the feeling of acid eating the chest.

Just make sure it is indigestion, BoD.

Am very sorry to hear that; cremations here can take up to a week, unsure about burials. If Alison is dealing with everything she'll need to make an appointment with the registrar for the certificate. Hope her visit goes as well as possible under the circumstances

Mal

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the supports and suggestions.

Finally got to sleep at about 5 for an hour.

To cap it all Mrs BoD passed out in the kitchen this morning. This has happened more than once so she phoned the Dr for an appointment (normally a two week or so wait) the Dr phoned back and did a triage so she has an appoinment at 4 this afternnon.

I hope none of the little darlings rub me up the wrong way today or I might just bite their heads off.

Thanks for the supports and suggestions.

Finally got to sleep at about 5 for an hour.

To cap it all Mrs BoD passed out in the kitchen this morning. This has happened more than once so she phoned the Dr for an appointment (normally a two week or so wait) the Dr phoned back and did a triage so she has an appoinment at 4 this afternnon.

I hope none of the little darlings rub me up the wrong way today or I might just bite their heads off.

Don't do that, BoD - it'll give you indigestion.

Sorry to hear about Mrs BoD.

Could be something quite simple - let's hope so.

Ruddy indigestion.

As Pete said, plain water helps. A variation my MiL recommends - and it seems to work, is to drink the water as hot as you possibly can. I tried it and it worked.