RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

As Sherry has said, we are rooting for a resounding success by the surgical team, Jock.

Your attitude to your illness is an inspiration - and a considerable contrast to those of us who complain when we have a headache!

We look forward to your early triumphal return and considerably extended prognosis.

AKA - Good luck, mate!

• RMweb Gold

It is not going to rain.

Wherever you look, newspaper, BBC (national and local), ITV, Met office....... the forecast says it is not going to rain.

The skies are blue with high white cloud.

I do some exterior paintwork and guess what ......

The dark clouds and shower passed quickly and the sun returned.

Then the window cleaners arrived.

I just don't believe it.

I have both the ELP & Orchestral versions of Pictures at an Exhibition, but also have a third version - played solely on an organ.  Wonderful stuff!

As to converting vinyl to mp3 etc, I have used a program called Goldwave.  Does everything I want and a whole lot more.

Nice morning so far here - cool but sunny.

Surprisingly the piano version was the original as written by Mussorgsky - I was playing that - Barry Douglas performing.

There are several  orchestral versions Ravel being the most well known though I prefer the Henry Wood version.

Also have an electronic version by Tomita.

I could bore for Wales and win the gold!

Regards to you all, especially Jock - all the best!

Dave

interesting.  Dave, it's the non-CD sourced stuff I have been reading about that causes issues for some people when importing to iTunes - are your MP3 files sourced from vinyl or (shudder) cassettes or anything like that?  I have a lot of vinyl conversions and some live stuff from YouTube I really like!

My Archos XS2022 isn't bad as a source considering, it is routed via a Musical Fidelity amp though.  20Gb and it is chock full, so any replacement needs to be bigger, i still have a cupboard full of vinyl not converted yet as my Systemdek motor blew up and is irreplacable. I have sourced a Thorens but as yet have not used it in anger.

I use Adobe Audition to record and encode my vinyl to MP3 without any issue and I've never had any problem loading them into iTunes. Friend of my does the same with Audacity without difficulty.When encoding a use 320 kbps with CBR (Constant bit rate).

Obviously the iTunes database can't add the title, artist or album name but you can do that for yourself - it does help if the name of the .mp3 file is the title of the song.

Regards,

Dave

Just back home from helping my daughter move over the weekend and wandering about aimlessly in the rain for four hours this morning.  Trying to dry out whilst catching up with numerous pages on ER's.

First and foremost, all the very best Jock.  I hope all goes well and we'll see you up and running again shortly.

• RMweb Gold

Jock, hope to hear from you soon. Gordon made good use of a dongle while he was in hospital! 

I've just finished an hour and 45 minute "chat" with Matthew. His latest project at his workplace was experiencing the world of "corporate event management". In Melbourne this involved getting quotes from "Dunnies R Us" and wine glass rental. I think Matthew is quite pleased that he won't be around to see the results of his labour, his work placement finishes this Friday and he is off to Sydney for a few days and then Auckland.

Robbie seems to be quite at home now, after a major garden inspection. I think the cats and foxes that have been in the garden while we have been away will soon desist from leaving little presents.

Tony

• Like 7

Hi

More pics from Sarajevo, these from outside the Sarajevo History Museum of an armoured truck alongside a wagon that rips up track as it passes. The gauge was 3'6", I think, and the track destroyer has two axles - the third axle has heavy wheels that sit on the track to keep the blade below the sleepers.

post-4951-0-96937100-1409059617_thumb.jpgpost-4951-0-55515800-1409059636_thumb.jpgpost-4951-0-75069300-1409059655_thumb.jpgpost-4951-0-64354700-1409059674_thumb.jpgpost-4951-0-78005000-1409059690_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Quick check-in before a mountain of work to get through...

Good luck Jock, will be thinking of you and every success.

Weather taking a turn for the delightful (but unseasonably cooler) at 13 this morning, partly sunny and low humidity, may barely make 23 today.

Furiously re-arraning clutter for the pending return of daughter, taking up most all the spare time, and SPACE!!!!

Enjoy the day everyone...

Best of luck for tomorrow Jock, hope all goes well ;)

(Sometimes it takes as long to catch up on ERs as it does with the rest of the forum, so I hope all's well with ERs everywhere).

With the downstairs back room now devoid of it's pre-war plaster I've (apparently) earned a 'day out', so it's off to Didcot and Swindon Great Western Railway Emporiums tomorrow, I've been to both places countless times already but always enjoy a return visit. Been told 'not to spend too much'.... what on Earth can she possibly be getting at...? I mean, well er... you know how it is, it's not my fault that Howes of Oxford happens to be on my route home is it? Ahem. Cough. Etc!

• Like 4

I`m holding our-Jock and his family in my thoughts and prayers.......best wishes, Sir. :friends:

Productive couple of days making swarf here at Collie Towers: the standard-table on the CNC mill seemed a little narrow for my use, so have machined a supplemental table out of a humongous chunk of 40mm. billet-Ali......lots of `oles, slotting and 'fredding' later and I feel quite proud; it`ll do the job nicely. :boast:

.....every kitchen should have one! :mosking:

Edited by Debs.
  • Like 5

Hope we get to hear from Don again soon - I miss the snippets of weather reports from the Cape and the ongoing soap that is the dinner table!

Pete(trisonic), I would have thought Gilmour's 'Comfortably Numb' from The Wall' would have managed a place, or Knopfler's 'Brothers in Arms' and what about 'Samba Pati' (Spelling?) by the great Carlos. It is truly all so bl**dy subjective!

Kind regards,

Jock.

First everything is crossed at Chez Trisonic that your procedure goes well. All the very best, Jock. You’re a great guy.

It is subjective but just how on Earth can they leave out “Satisfaction”? Yet they put in the putrid (have to be careful as we are neighbors) “Living on a Prayer”?

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Ok so I am writing this on Behalf of Don,

We had some great weather this weekend sun was shining started to feeling as if summer were on its way again, temporary though as yesterday and today has been overcast with a slight drizzle every now and then.

As for his medical condition it is not the best news. Some malignant tissue was found in the bladder and as you all know at his age its not the best of news, but he seemed to be in positive spirits considering.

He was discharged this morning, I took him back to the home where he will be kept in the frail care unit until next week Tuesday where he will then be admitted back into the hospital to have the bladder removed.

He seems to be coping with all of this but he is weak but he is happy to be back at the home where it is more comfortable for him. I will try and arrange that he gets taken to his room for a while where he can then come and chat to you all and tell you all the latest SOAPS from his eating table.

Best regards

Tim

• RMweb Premium

I've received my appointment for the ultrasound scan of my waterworks. A bit worrying is that I am asked to attend with a full bladder. Seeing as seeing a running tap nowadays brings on an irresistible urge I hope that they see me on time.

EDIT I've just read the report by Tim on Don's problems, makes mine insignificant by comparison. Get well soon Don.

Edited by PhilJ W