RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I hear that the Rest of the World is cut off from South Essex, Tony. Could this be true?

Best, Pete.

I am sure it felt like it to Aditi earlier this week with 2 very long (time ) journeys home. I went to Chelmsford today and it didn't take long, even the Army & Navy roundabout was quiet. I think there may have been an Accident on the M11 earlier that was cleared. If you are flying in by private jet to Stansted for the Shenfield exhibition you should be OK.
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I am sure it felt like it to Aditi earlier this week with 2 very long (time ) journeys home. I went to Chelmsford today and it didn't take long, even the Army & Navy roundabout was quiet. I think there may have been an Accident on the M11 earlier that was cleared. If you are flying in by private jet to Stansted for the Shenfield exhibition you should be OK.

The M11 beckons tomorrow.... then onto the A120

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

Just back from seeing one poorly boy in hospital.  Access needle in his leg and a catheter to help him pee.  I know it's only 48 hours since his surgery, but he was very sleepy and in some discomfort.  The surgeon said they were pleased with him and he's getting brighter every hour, so fingers crossed….

Thanks for all your kind thoughts and best wishes.

post-6950-0-22888000-1442593500.jpg

post-6950-0-18294400-1442593501.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Just back from seeing one poorly boy in hospital.  Access needle in his leg and a catheter to help him pee.  I know it's only 48 hours since his surgery, but he was very sleepy and in some discomfort.  The surgeon said they were pleased with him and he's getting brighter every hour, so fingers crossed….

Thanks for posting Gordon - he is in good hands, so hopefully the weekend will bring more recovery.

• RMweb Gold

Aditi phoned to say she was coming home and told me about an incident this morning that had caused severe delays into London. A motorcycle and lorry accident had closed the M25 at the Dartford crossing. Aditi had been hoping to get in at 8 and got intomworkmat 9.30. The other people going to the meeting were also delayed.

Another beautiful sunny day here today, so a walk on the beach this morning, followed by some light messing around in the garden. Pea plants had died down, so have been removed and thrown on the compost heap. Neck is still a little sore after yesterday's surgery, so ibuprofen is being taken. I hoping that my recovery will be continued by England making a good winning start in the World Cup tonight. Mrs G is not impressed that her favourite soaps have been replaced by the rugby tonight.

Afternoon all. If we are both well enough we intend to go to Southport airshow tomorrow, it is billed as the last chance to see a Vulcan flying. Last year was the last chance to see two Lancasters and shortly afterwards VERA returned to Canada. That was when I took so many shots of other aircraft displays that when the Lancs appeared I had run out of camera battery power. Won't make that mistake again. Perhaps.

Stay safe all.

• Like 12

Aditi phoned to say she was coming home and told me about an incident this morning that had caused severe delays into London. A motorcycle and lorry accident had closed the M25 at the Dartford crossing. Aditi had been hoping to get in at 8 and got intomworkmat 9.30. The other people going to the meeting were also delayed.

Lorry driver who happened to be Romanian  (according to Police reports) killed a Motorcyclist. Hence the very long delays.

Donald Trump is borrowing my ‘plane, unfortunately.

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

I hear that the Rest of the World is cut off from South Essex, Tony. Could this be true?

Best, Pete.

According to the radio this morning the queue of traffic reached almost to the A12 (J 28) a distance of 7 to 8 miles. Later reports were that the A127 was gridlocked going into Southend, about 1.30 this afternoon. I've just read Pete's report that this mornings hold up was due to a fatal accident, sympathies to the friends and family of the victim.

• RMweb Premium

Rick

love the photos of Melbourne trams and trains. Shame the Ws aren't being looked after as they seem to run well (even in the rain).

Busy day has resulted in a Brit and two Class 47s sound chipped and a pile of Class 143s to fit sound to. Hey ho... but perhaps a can of "free" beer - as youngets Herbert picked up some beer being thrown out at a trade show....13 Guns from Thwaites... nice but at 5.3% a tad too strong now for me..

• Like 14

It's taken me a while to catch up with todays posts trying to watch the rugby at the same time. Although, I'm really waiting for the Wales game on Sunday

Long but worthwhile day. I now know exactly what is planned professionally for the next 2 - 3 years and it looks great from where I am.

I was unexpectedly surprised coming back from High Wycombe. I thought that all the roads would be a nightmare because of the road closures around Twickenham and had one of the best journeys for months.

• Like 15

Getting sorted out ready to go to Shipley for tomorrow's club show, but I'll probably forget something until the last minute as usual. Last week's expoEM North at Partington was a first class show, but I'm glad it's back to the George H Carnall centre next year- changes of venue are always a bit unsettling. The Baildon Centre at Shipley is comfortingly familiar, though.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Had a call from my local Ford dealership today.

This is my new "office" in two weeks time.....

post-408-0-80751900-1442608103_thumb.jpg

Same as the old one, but a different colour............ (The "old" one is only 30 months old, but is booked in for a 75,000 mile service next week)

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifcar.jpg

Same as the old one, but a different colour............ (The "old" one is only 30 months old, but is booked in for a 75,000 mile service next week)

Cheers,

Mick

One of our cars is 20 years old and hasnt quite reached that mileage!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

attachicon.gifcar.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Nice colour, won't show the dirt! Very similar to the colour on my car. Though Aditi's white car looks that colour after nearly 60 miles a day on the A13.

• RMweb Gold

Evening all,

Mrs Stationmaster's train from the west delayed by various things but no real problem and she brought home a nice book for me about the railway at the east end of Plymuff.  Then a big treat - laddo and I decided to eat out (actually he decided it for me) and he paid, and it was a nice Italian restaurant where the food is excellent although the room is rather noisy (but we sat in the quietest part) so I am duly sated on some excellent lamb cutlets and the better part of a very nice bottle of chianti.

http://www.rossetti-ristorante.co.uk/menu/

And on that happy note - g'night all

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

I should go to sleep. I have a model railway exhibition to visit tomorrow. I probably won't get there too early, I visited the nice model railway shop (John Dutfield) in Chelmsford today,though I will probably visit their stand at the exhibition for the things I forgot. Also a visit to Coastal DCC's stand may result in some expenditure. Then I will look at the layouts.

Tony

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Very difficult to catch up on all the latest development in ERs.

Since Wednesday,I've been back and fore to Weston Park(Staffs) helping to set up the airgun ranges for the Midland Game fair which is tomorrow and Sunday.

Early start tomorrow as I have to be on site by 6.30, and the same again on Sunday.

The good news is that heavy vehicles driving over wet ground have created many muddy hollow style refuges for me to sneak into should I tire of the shooting.

Sadly I'm not going to get to Scaleforum again this year as it always seems to clash date wise with the MGF.  I have similar issues with the EMGS shows, but I'll admit that the thought of a few dirty coins in my pocket at the end of an event does pay for my extensive and expensive purchases by mail order!

• Like 18

I was unexpectedly surprised coming back from High Wycombe. I thought that all the roads would be a nightmare because of the road closures around Twickenham and had one of the best journeys for months.

I’ve often found that to be true over here too - my findings have been that Police/Local Authorities overstate closure times coupled with a lot of people going out of their way to avoid trouble = results of decent driving conditions....

Gordon S. Sorry I hit the wrong gizmo in the Like/Agree/Thanks icons on your earlier post due to big hands and small iPhone...

Yes ladies I do have big feet too....(actually I really don’t).

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 6