RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Afternoon all,

Sadly still very much under the weather as several of the common side effects of my chemo drug have struck at the same time. I intend persevering as I go to see Dracula's daughter tomorrow and my oncologist on Thursday in the hopes that I will adjust and be allowed to stay on it, but it might be that they have to switch to another form of treatment. I'm sorry if I've missed anything important as I really don't feel well enough to catch up having had little sleep since Thursday. I will check in as soon as I feel up to it and I'm not going to give in without a battle!

Kind regards,

Jock.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all,

Sadly still very much under the weather as several of the common side effects of my chemo drug have struck at the same time. I intend persevering as I go to see Dracula's daughter tomorrow and my oncologist on Thursday in the hopes that I will adjust and be allowed to stay on it, but it might be that they have to switch to another form of treatment. I'm sorry if I've missed anything important as I really don't feel well enough to catch up having had little sleep since Thursday. I will check in as soon as I feel up to it and I'm not going to give in without a battle!

Kind regards,

Jock.

No need to apologise, Jock! Fingers crossed.

I often do find it hard to find meaningful words for what anyone undergoing chemo or any similarly harsh treatment is going through, so I've often found myself only being able to second something another one from our round has said, or at times to just give a Supportive rating…  :unsure:

Afternoon, all.

A flurry of snow this morning got everyone excited. 

The eldest was trying to figure out how long she'd have to stand outside catching snow flakes to make a snow ball. Till June was my best guess.

Still quite cold in the garage, so my foray out there to fix an Electrofrog problem was somewhat "short-lived". Do you see what I did there?  :stinker:

First swim of the year - swmbo dictated we all need to get fit. 

For some reason, since my last visit, they seem to have made the pool tidal with strong rip currents. Well, that's the only explanation I can find for how hard it was.  :training:

Last night I did some work on a Metcalfe kit, PN123/4 that will go onto the village scene. 

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Space Patrol - Galasphere 347.

I've got the boxed set.....

Orbital Speed zero to twenty thousand miles per hour.

Speed Maintained

(in a husky voice)

Scanner VIewer Working

Check

Astro Beam Working

Check

Gamma Rays ON

Yubba Rays ON

Childrens' TV in the 1950s

Monday - Picture Book

Tuesday - Andy Pandy

Wednesday - The Flowerpot Men

Thursday - Rag, Tag and Bobtail

Friday - The Woodentops

And of course a supportive word for Jock, goes without saying.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

I think noggin the nog or indeed, nogging anything is illegal these days. Like fox hunting.

Stevo

To say nothing of the sort of trouble you could get into if you were caught muffin the mule.

There were of course much more serious programmes for young boys. Bronco Layne, Laramie and Robin Hood (Richard Greene) were 3 of my favourites.

Also The Magic Boomerang where time stood still when it was thrown.

Edited by lightengine

Unless I missed the post, no-one mentions boooinngggg...Magic Roundabout! THat was rather beyond my early childhood but well remembered.

I still wonder about Andy Pandy, and the Flowerpot men with Weed  is altogether another discussion!!  :jester:  :O

Quick check in;

Managed to fit accessories to my S15, and one of the 5MTs, as well as renumbering the latter to 73082 "Camelot" and add real coal load. That's three named 5MTs now. :)

Still have to consider some weathering, but still look at it with trepidation even after seeing NHNs nice job on the S15. Suppose I should bit the bullet and take a shot at it.

Nice evening meal with Trevor and Meghan, wasn't too bad being out, but the restaurant was close enough the car didn't get a chance to warm up <bbbrrrrrrr>

Definitely sodding cold here this morning, -25 with a wind chill making it -37 when I retrieved the newspaper. Almost called for the welding gear it was so "brass monkeys"!

Off to pick up Jemma in a while - she's here overnight before a 5-day trip.

Tonight we're going to a Martin Luther King concert with friends, first time I'll be in the audience rather than part of the choir, for about 8 years, the result of being out of town and unable to attend rehearsals <sigh>

Hope Sunday goes well for everyone

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Jock - I hope you start feeling better soon.

post-408-0-55993900-1453059007_thumb.jpg

This was the view from the back bedroom this morning. The hill in the distance is Longridge Fell.

Junior NB was despatched to Preston this morning to catch a train back towards Colchester. Her lectures start again tomorrow, but she then has another week off at the end of this week to come back home and celebrate her birthday later the week after. (As I've said before, it's not a "normal" uni course) 

We did make the trip to Dumfries last night to watch the ice hockey, but unfortunately we lost 5-3 for only the second league defeat in virtually two years. It was an interesting journey with regard to the weather conditions and the worst bit was the final 400 yards from the main road to our house.

I've been out and about driving today including a couple of sessions on how to handle dodgy road conditions. One of them couldn't believe how easy it was to induce a skid and kick in the ABS.

There's been a bit of a thaw, but plenty of the side roads are hazardous, with ice patches to catch out the unaware.

Stay safe folks.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

Unless I missed the post, no-one mentions boooinngggg...Magic Roundabout! THat was rather beyond my early childhood but well remembered.

I still wonder about Andy Pandy, and the Flowerpot men with Weed  is altogether another discussion!!  :jester:  :O

"Flobadob" said Ben.

"Bobalobabob" replied Bill

"You're both p*ssed again" said Little Weed.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Ian A

you need to gain confidence before starting to weather your locos. Practice on a sheet of plastic card primed with undercoat and say a topcoat of black car paint. Have a go, keep trying techniques till you feel confident then try a loco or wagon.

"erm, what's that skip?

brr brr  brr

ah right the ERs need to be reminded about you ...."

yep Skippy the Bush Kangaroo....followed by Daktari and Animal Magic with Johnny Morris, Crackerjack, Vision On...

baz 

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Ian A

you need to gain confidence before starting to weather your locos. Practice on a sheet of plastic card primed with undercoat and say a topcoat of black car paint. Have a go, keep trying techniques till you feel confident then try a loco or wagon.

"erm, what's that skip?

brr brr  brr

ah right the ERs need to be reminded about you ...."

yep Skippy the Bush Kangaroo....followed by Daktari and Animal Magic with Johnny Morris, Crackerjack, Vision On...

baz 

The scenes of joy when they won a Crackerjack pencil.........................

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

We didn't have a television until we moved to Somerset in the mid fifties, but Mum and I went next door to watch "Watch with Mother". Mum's favourite was Woodentops but I really liked Rag, Tag and Bobtail. Mum didn't really like Andy Pandy as she said he and Teddy were unkind to Looby Lou. I really disliked the Monday programme.

Following my mother's progressive views on Andy Pandy we used provide Matthew with alternative commentary on Thomas the Tank Engine.

• Like 1