The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Can any ER IT buffs offer a solution. When sat using my laptop the internet suddenly drops out and I thought the reason was because it had been on too long (the laptop is old).  I normally just restart it but last night after 20 minutes use I noticed it had dropped out just as I put the tv into internet mode for YouTube.  Thinking back this seems to be the most likely reason every time.

Are both devices devices connecting wirelessly? A lot of wireless devices used to upset my old router but I did have quite a few. Getting the latest model router sorted out any wireless problems for me.

Shopping at Crystal Peaks this afternoon -

Helen: "I thought you were going to buy some sweatshirts?"

bb:      "I couldn't see any I liked, but so as not to waste the trip, I bought this book instead."

Helen's just grateful I didn't come back with a handful of beans...

post-7286-0-19304500-1458592115.jpg

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

BoD, I hope you don't mind but I nicked your post of the Sparrowhawk and posted it on the 'Where have all our garden birds gone?' thread.

No problem.

I had thought about putting it in there originally but it seemed full of only pleasant photos. not the red in tooth and claw sort.

• Like 11

Are both devices devices connecting wirelessly? A lot of wireless devices used to upset my old router but I did have quite a few. Getting the latest model router sorted out any wireless problems for me.

Yes both connect wirelessly.  I will hook the laptop up with the ethernet cable and test the tv later

Night all. Normally would be up ages yet, but yesterday's escapades have left me exhausted and sleepy even after I slept through from about 7pm to 3pm last night.

Hopefully I'll manage to get into town tomorrow so I can get some bits sorted and post off an item.

• Like 3

Sorry to be always delayed on my responses but when I saw Ian (A’s) photograph of the contraption in his long post I assume it to be a “still”.

White Lightning anyone?

G’night, Jock....

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 10

No problem.

I had thought about putting it in there originally but it seemed full of only pleasant photos. not the red in tooth and claw sort.

Evening all,

Really tired at the moment, but quite happy to see the 'butcher bird' as we suffer from a surfeit of pigeons and doves in this area which often nest some three plus times per annum. Useful fodder for the off season fishermen who often feed on them!

I hope to get the good night's sleep again again tonight as I feel I deserve one. I've asked in the relative link/thread what size wheels are correct and if the bogies that Rowsley17D fits give a better performance and have steel wheels, also what diameter the,wheels actually are?

Good luck to one and all on the health front for the morning, and continued steps in the right direction for all,

Kind regards,

Jock.

G'night Pete! G'night owls!

Edited by Jock67B

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick nip in this evening.  I've got back from a great talk at the clubrooms of digitally restored photos, many in colour of the ECML from Glasgow Queen Street down to York via Waverley and the North East with photos dating from the 188o's to the 1960's.  Superb doesn't do it justice.

Anyway tomorrow I'm off north to Jockland courtesy of my mate's daughter who ahs got us two Cross Country runabout tickets for £10.  Off from Leeds early with my mates daughter working the train as guard.  he get's on at York then off to Glasgow to ride the various curves that the diversions are doing as Queen St High Level is shut. then up to Stirling and back direct to Central via some more new curves in the Coatbridge area before getting a X Country back home.  Should be a good day.

Night all.

I'm off to dream of fresh maple syrup.

Jamie

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Yes both connect wirelessly.  I will hook the laptop up with the ethernet cable and test the tv later

Sounds sensible. Film downloads on my Sky box are a couple of gigabytes. My box connects via ethernet cable now. My wireless problems ceased with the acquisition of whatever the latest BT Home hub is called (version 5?).

My mobile phone is about to fail. I was going to wait until it did but Aditi persuaded me I should replace it now before we go on holiday. I will therefore be going to Basildon tomorrow to collect it from the shop.

• Like 13

I'm going to a funeral tomorrow.

my neighbour was a typical local elderly female, who'd had a hard life, lived to see her great-grandchildren grow, went out to the shops twice a week, and retained her her sense of humour.

She was 91 years young.

My thoughts are with the sick/recovering.

Goodnight everyone . . . Sleep well.

John

Morning all. I'm not sure how this works but, I slept really well last night and now feel more tired than usual. The coffee pot will get a lot of use today.

Jock - I hope that you have managed a good nights sleep.

Jamie - It certainly sounds like a good day out and one that I'm envious of.

Have a good day everyone

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Just a quick nip in this evening.  I've got back from a great talk at the clubrooms of digitally restored photos, many in colour of the ECML from Glasgow Queen Street down to York via Waverley and the North East with photos dating from the 188o's to the 1960's.  Superb doesn't do it justice.

Anyway tomorrow I'm off north to Jockland courtesy of my mate's daughter who ahs got us two Cross Country runabout tickets for £10.  Off from Leeds early with my mates daughter working the train as guard.  he get's on at York then off to Glasgow to ride the various curves that the diversions are doing as Queen St High Level is shut. then up to Stirling and back direct to Central via some more new curves in the Coatbridge area before getting a X Country back home.  Should be a good day.

Night all.

I'm off to dream of fresh maple syrup.

Jamie

I would be interested in which curves you will be doing around Glasgow that dont normally have passenger services as will be there early May.

Have a good trip.

ian

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Dry, lightly iced windscreen and 2oC. Should be some sunny periods to start with but clouding over later.

I got back from the shopping trip with The Boss intact and have managed to retain both my sanity and sense of humour. Just.

Steve returned from his Mum's at Bognor on Saturday and then took Nicki and the kids back to see her yesterday. It was Steve's sister's 50th birthday and they'd organised a small family do and decided to go ahead with it. Abbie in particular is finding it very hard to come to terms with the loss of Grandad Pete and didn't want to go but eventually was persuaded and it all went OK in the end.

Today after school Joe & Gemma are coming here for a couple of hours. Joe has been very interested in the development of the Rapido APT-E so I suspect he will be glad to know that delivery is imminent. (as am I  :locomotive:  :yes:  :imsohappy:)

Have a good one,

Bob.

Mornin'

As above, best sleep so far!

Not a lot happened since my post earlier so I hope those with ailments, esp Jock, had as good a night as I did,

Two Sugars; hoping that today's not too bad for you.

EMT 911; how much coffee so far?

Grandad Bob; hope yer new train arrives soon.

Tea time now :)

Until later......

• Like 12

Morning All,

It is still quite chilly, but we have sunshine and blue sky this morning.

Another day of testing is to follow, but it should be the last for a little while.

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 6