The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Not used to the return of Eer Thursday! Dr Eldest Herbert is off to Lecture, her indoors is off to teach, me I have a quiet house to myself.

Oh badger, her indoors has just mentioned housework and gardening.

Have a great time today wherever you are on Planet Earth!

Baz

I've got one of those to put on CQ in memory of the one that I've seen, in recent years, waddling along the road towards Beddgelert - in broad daylight!  Had I'd known in my younger days, I wouldn't have sat up in a tree in the dark waiting for some to come out to play!  Still, it was exciting at the time...I think...Long time ago...

• Like 13

Constitutions have their limitations. You still need lawyers to interpret what they really mean, and if they are not continuously amended to reflect current conditions you end up with completely insane situations like the one created by the US Second Amendment.

<SARCASM MODE ON>

So what's insane about the second amendment?

It simply means you can accumulate an entire arsenal of weapons and ammunition just in case WW3 start on your front lawn!!! :jester:  :O  :triniti:

For most of the US population the most likely problem on your front lawn is a drunk Billy-Bob mistaking your garden gnome for the enemy and opening fire :butcher:, no danger really as he'll either shoot himself in the foot or arse or maim his armed drinking buddies!

Edited by Ian Abel
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Smiffy, get the whelkmen stirred up.. We have run out and I need some for a casserole.

In other requests I note that the hardworking team have pulled together the votes in the wish list...well done but if the manufacturers use its outputs not sure if they will make any money on them.

Baz

Not so much the manufacturers, but all the lawyers on here will be going to the High Court to get a parlimentary vote on whether the manufacturers will be allowed to act on the will of RMWeb Edited by Happy Hippo

Good evening all.

HH-have you seen the TV advert for the washing machine that has an extra door for forgotten socks etc?

Telephone numbers-a friend was astonished that I didn't know that phone numbers in films began with 555, so that nobody could call them.

Polly- you forgot the well-known metric ton, or tonne.

Got my G0G magazine today. there is a stunning BLT in it-enough to make me give up before I start.

Best wishes

Ed

• Like 6

Not quite the day that was planned. I was meant to meet the project manager on site before starting some minor work at 08:00. The cockwomble didn't appear before 14:00 and also didn't have the decency to let me know he'd been delayed.

When he eventually turned up I was informed that the planned work couldn't take place because of a problem that needed another contractor to attend site to rectify.

A total waste of a day.

Tomorrow I'm off to the office

• RMweb Gold

Bit of a mixed day today with a couple of phone calls from friends, one good and the other not so much because yet another old friend and work colleague has died. He was quite a few years older than me but when I was a young sales rep I learnt a hell of a lot from him.  Thank you and RIP Alf.

This evening I decided to listen to some bluesy type music and whilst searching for something on t'interweb discovered that Lonnie Mack died earlier this year. Knowing there are a few guitarists here this reminded me of a concert I saw on TV back in the eighties and I found this recording of him with Albert Collins and Roy Buchanan who are also no longer with us.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

No 1 son came round at about 4:45 and informed us that the traffic was chaotic around the Trafford Centre, so we decided to have tea first. He joined us for a bacon and sausage butty.

After that it was off to the Trafford Centre we I picked up Mrs W's parcel from John Lewis, whilst I'd got a lift No 1 son took me to Sainsbury's where I took advantage of the 25% off when you buy 6 bottles of wine. So I cashed in £20.00 worth of nectar points and paid the grand total of £9.32 for the 6 bottles. That's topped up the stash and we now have quite a few bottles in the cellar.

Goodnight all

• Like 15

Good evening all.

HH-have you seen the TV advert for the washing machine that has an extra door for forgotten socks etc?

Telephone numbers-a friend was astonished that I didn't know that phone numbers in films began with 555, so that nobody could call them.

Ed

There are US and Canadian numbers that start 555. Well only 1 publicly accessible in each area code. 555-1212. That is directory assistance for the specific area code. Other 555 numbers can only be dialled from within the telco toll centres. ( my past life in telco facilities & routings)

Good evening all.

Ed

There are US and Canadian numbers that start 555. Well only 1 publicly accessible in each area code. 555-1212. That is directory assistance for the specific area code. Other 555 numbers can only be dialled from within the telco toll centres. ( my past life in telco facilities & routings)

Afternoon All,

I didn't get back yesterday as the day caught up with my in many ways, and the computer didn't get a look in, as it didn't this morning again, so I've had to skip a few pages, and I hope that there is nowt that I missed.  30747 only has one day off this week instead of three, so we took the chance to go to Grange Over Sands and had some excellent chips.  I was walking Lily round the duck pond just about the time that the (train alert, train alert, train alert) round the coast stopper from Lancaster to Barrow  passed, and managed some Class 37 thrash as the DRS loco pulled away with some gusto on its four Mk2s.  They don't half make a racket.  Also picked up a few tasty Kidds apples.

Back tomorrow

Regards to All

Stewart

We also had some very good fish and chips in Grange a couple of weeks ago.

As to noisy Class 37s, our early morning call is the first train of the day at about 6.45 which is 37 hauled. Being only about 50 metres from the line, it is still pretty loud.

Just returned from the MRC where my recent purchase of a J94 off eBay was test run. It pulled 25 wagons quite happily and smoothly, so I was pretty impressed and pleased with it.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

What a great evening, only spoilt by our local rail users group bashing the guards so I have told them what I think and now left the group.

Its headed by our local MP who will only leave his position in a box as he will never ever get voted out in this area what ever he does wrong.

Strange, a double post into the same reply.

Did you hit 'Enter' twice? If you make two replies (same or different content) to the same topic within the same minute, they are combined into a single reply with that time stamp. (Or at least they used to be.)

Good evening all!

I've stayed quiet on this so far, but for both sides who actually thought about their vote and didn't just jump on a bandwagon, it makes sense. There is no actual definition of Brexit. Nobody had a clear definition of what they were voting for on either side. This whole "brexit means brexit" is meaningless as is hard v soft.

This ruling ensures that whatever the final definition is, it will get proper scrutiny, debate, sanity checking on both sides, and allow people to know what they are getting into before the button is pushed. The only ones really against the ruling are those that have come up with their own definition and believe that is what is going to happen. (see also Daily Heil readers)

Regardless of whatever brexit may be, the voting public, whether informed or misinformed, came out in favour of leaving the EU. End of story. This was a democratic decision, as was the one to join it all those years back. Times change.

Any opposition (legal or otherwise) to this tends towards dictatorship and / or anarchy and possibly even goes against whatever constitution this country has.

• RMweb Premium

Got my G0G magazine today. there is a stunning BLT in it-enough to make me give up before I start.

Ed

There's a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich in it?

Candidate for a Dawrin award yesterday morning. Set off for work early so before sun-up. I drive along dark country roads - speed limit 60. Some people don't take heed of that.

So there's this jogger - black hoodie, dark grey shorts, black leg covering, black running shoes. On an unlighted country road with plenty of traffic.

Did you hit 'Enter' twice? If you make two replies (same or different content) to the same topic within the same minute, they are combined into a single reply with that time stamp. (Or at least they used to be.)

For a moment I thought you were reprising the the Supreme Court ruling on the 2000 Presidential election.   :rtfm:  :read:  :blackeye:

• RMweb Premium

Candidate for a Dawrin award yesterday morning. Set off for work early so before sun-up. I drive along dark country roads - speed limit 60. Some people don't take heed of that.

So there's this jogger - black hoodie, dark grey shorts, black leg covering, black running shoes. On an unlighted country road with plenty of traffic.

We get a lot of cyclist in Leeds who seem to think riding through Leeds in the dark dressed in dark clothes with no lights is OK... and some of them think a red light means go!

Sleep well all

Baz

• RMweb Gold

Just like if you do a very quick double click on, for example; the 'Agree' button (count the number of 'Agree then the number of names against them ;) ). 

• RMweb Gold

Good evening all!

Regardless of whatever brexit may be, the voting public, whether informed or misinformed, came out in favour of leaving the EU. End of story. This was a democratic decision, as was the one to join it all those years back. Times change.

Any opposition (legal or otherwise) to this tends towards dictatorship and / or anarchy and possibly even goes against whatever constitution this country has.

I bet you that if the referendum was done now  the outcome would be quite different and hence why it may well be good to have a second  review once the outcome may be more known before pressing that big red button. It might turn out to be a reconfirmation of the initial vote once we all know more.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

Good evening all!

It would seem that, constitutionally, there is no such post as deputy prime minister, for example!

I suspect that the prime minister is still, technically, The First Lord of the Treasury!