RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Good morning and a Very Merry Christmas to you all.

Dry fresh start and the forecast is for a cloudy and mild day with patchy drizzle and the possibility of some brief brighter intervals.

Very quiet here as our visitors will not arrive until about 10.30 when I expect the decibel level to go through the roof. 

The Boss of course has everything planned like a military operation. As usual my main task will be to keep out from under her feet and run the bar. I can do that. :yes:

Apart from that all I need to do is sharpen my carving knife....... :whistle:

Have a great day, :drinks:

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Merry Christmas from the North West Leeds highlands!

Hope Rick has enjoyed the day and I hope everyone else enjoys the day.

Now can you be quiet please? Someone has a slight headache......

I shall be the chef today..lunch includes black (I kid you not) sprouts.

Now I need tea!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 18

Morning all,

Wishing all of you, and your families a very Merry Christmas and all the best for 2017. Thank you all for your online friendship.

I hope to actually get some modelling done in 2017!

Unfortunately, the weather is wet and dreary and therefore not particularly Christmassy - but I will light the log burner shortly and we are waiting for Thomas to arrive.

Have a wonderful day everyone...

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good Morning and Christmas greetings to all.

I think we have similar weather to Robert. Cloudy, breezy but quite warm here. It isn't raining at the moment.

Not a lot happening here this morning. I have made tea, let the dog out for a run, and sliced bread ready for toasting. Everything for lunch is ready to be cooked at various times this morning.

Tony

• Like 16

Merry Christmas from a mild but windy Somerset.

I did not have time to get everyone here a proper present, so this is Tregenna Castle on the turntable at Carmarthen on the 24th of March 1962; by way of compensation. 

post-4474-0-45195600-1482658814_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Good morning and a Very Merry Christmas to you all.

Dry fresh start and the forecast is for a cloudy and mild day with patchy drizzle and the possibility of some brief brighter intervals.

Very quiet here as our visitors will not arrive until about 10.30 when I expect the decibel level to go through the roof. 

The Boss of course has everything planned like a military operation. As usual my main task will be to keep out from under her feet and run the bar. I can do that. :yes:

Apart from that all I need to do is sharpen my carving knife....... :whistle:

Have a great day, :drinks:

Bob.

Is that wise???.

• RMweb Gold

Turkey in oven. Breakfast eaten. Returned phone call to MiL who rang before we were awake. Matthew suggested perhaps his mother should have rung before having a couple of glasses of fizzy Italian wine before chatting to her extended family. She conversed in quite a few languages some of which she doesn't know.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

Does the Supreme Court in the UK have jurisdiction over the IoM?

Yes, we have our own Attorney General, and Court of General Gaol, but as we are a crown dependency, the higher Courts do have jurisdiction. I only ever appeared in Magistrates, and not in the box I'll have you know!

A little fuzzy headed here this morning - empty beer and red wine bottles tell the tale.  Donk got a new Teddy, so is happy in his work.  Neighbours to be blamed for the hangover haven't appeared yet!

• RMweb Premium

Dinner done and just needs to be cooked - didn't get a turkey as for two of us, we'd be having leftovers curry/ragout/casserole/sandwiches until after Easter.  I also am not all that keen on Christmas pudding sandwiches. 

One odd thing happened, as 30747 has been after a specific item from a well known Austrian crystal maker, and I had it on bookmark as I was going to get it for her as a New Year present.  Clicked on the link by mistake when trying to get here, and it was showing as being put in their sale at half price - first time I've ever bought online on Christmas Day, and 30747 was chuffed to bits.

Opened one present which I hoped might be train shaped, but instead there was very neatly packed pint glass and several bottles of Watermill beers, one of which is already poured and sliding down beautifully as I type - well it IS Christmas after all.  The beer in question is

beer_313238.jpg

And at 7% I'm quite glad that it's only a 33 ml bottle.  It's pretty tasty stuff and will help to get the day swinging along.

Oh and one final thing, I was stunned when I went to the German supermarket beginning with A to get ALL of the veg that we wanted including the spuds for 19p a bag - AND their smoked salmon (our starter by tradition) is twice as good as the one that we usually get and a quid cheaper - looking forward to tucking in later.

Possibly back again after dinner.

Edited by 45156
  • Like 18