The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Looks like a sort of US version of the Mach Loop but without the grass, rain, sheep, and mist

I was in Wales last week, and sitting in the Bungalow near Bala Lake on Wednesday evening I heard a Hurculees, I looked up and saw it flying behind the Bungalow opposite, at about 100 ft. We have had the usual Tornado's and Eurofighters all week over the Lake and coming off the Mach Loop and Capel Celyn, absolutely magic. Last Nov there was a Chinook doing low level passes over the Lake.

• Like 12

Back from the South Western Circle meeting in Salisbury.  Effectively no trains on Southeastern, so I had to cycle to and from Waterloo.  One tired and saddle-sore bunny.  Bed calls.

Bill

• RMweb Premium

Evening from a holidaying nhn. Also on a new device as i have been shopping! Not quite got it all sussed yet. Chrisf i am so sorry to read of your bad week but support and froendship is here fpr you. This thing doesnt spell well!! Best to all in need and cpngrats to sharon.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

We had a pleasant afternoon. We found some toys for our nieces to play with. They did go and select some Thomas books but we didn't get round to reading them. Maya played a boardgame with me she had just got that was based on "Frozen". I tried my best to win but failed . There may be a return match tomorrow . Nina played happily with assorted toy vehicles .

We haven't done much since everyone departed at teatime .

I do hope all those enduring depression start to improve . I don't get depressed but my mother suffered from depression and anxiety for most of her life . I am feeling sad at the moment but I know it isn't the same. 

Tony 

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone

As we got to bed rather late last night, we had a brief lie-in this morning. By the time I’d got downstairs and had some breakfast it was 10:30. Once breakfast was finished I went straight outside and made the most of the sunshine. My first job was to cut the grass, this was then followed by a bit of weeding, mainly in some of the pots we have dotted around the garden. Then it was a quick tidy up, put all the cuttings/weeds in the green bin. All this activity took me nicely to dinner. The garden is really starting to look good at the moment, the apple tree is in full bloom, the bluebells are out, the sweet peas are starting to grow and the roses are also doing well.

After dinner, I went to the workshop and trimmed off the edging of the worktop which I’d glued in place on Thursday. Next, I finished wiring up the bench sockets and then I made a few adjustments to my painting bench, that fits under the workbench. Although it fit nicely between the two cupboards, it did stick out a little. So I moved the wheels slightly forward a bit and removed an inch of the rear of the top. It’s all looking quite good now. Tomorrow I will make a start on swapping the storage units and the shelves from one side to the other. But that will be in between applying various coats of white paint to a picture frame for Sheila wants painting.

Chrisf. I do hope that your concert was better than you were expecting and that the black dog goes back in his kennel and stays there, but they can be a bit of a bu99er can these black dogs.

Tony. I hope your sadness goes soon, but I have a feeling that it may well take a while.

Goodnight all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that Phil, I'm happy with the result, the buyer is on his way from Sunderland at the moment.   I agree it would have been nice to get more.   However my main aim was to get something for a piece of work that has been in my loft for the past 30 years and has some damage that needs repairing.  I couldn't bear to take it to the tip so overall I'm happy but sorry that you didn't get it.   I've now got a nearly complete plug for a Battleship hull from WW1 to put on but that will go on tomorrow as I'm out next Saturday.   

Jamie

I must admit that I would have had difficulty in collecting it so perhaps just as well.

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

I always get confused when cross ponders refer to temperatures.

This stems from some years ago going to Boston in January.

'Today's temperatures will be in the low 20s.'

Yipee thought I, T shirt and shorts................................

We get TV stations rom south of the border.  Some of them give U.S. weather in F and Canadian weather in C.

Some U.S. newspapers print weather maps the stop at the border -- big surprises if our systems start to move south.

Speaking of which

We had a major storm yesterday with wind gusts well over 100 kph -- possibly 140 -- I know it set records. Also major slashing rain. Many trees blown right over. We saw what looked like a couple of pizza boxes in the yard. Leaving the house today, she said  "There's a hole by the drainpipe." Four panels out of the soffit and the channel bent down. I collected the panels and went on to the book sale.  She found a copy of The Cretan Runner about Crete under the Nazi occupation. My cousin gets a brief mention as a British spy who was captured by the Germans for making a small idiomatic mistake. 

• Like 17

Good morning one and all, with many and grateful thanks for all the kind thoughts.  I know full well that there are others in trouble a lot worse than me but the bit of my brain that broods does not always appreciate this and it’s been doing a lot of that over the past few days.  I suppose we all have little niggles that are insignificant taken singly but I find that when they combine with others they do not add themselves together but multiply, leading to the overwhelming effect that signals an episode.  I should be used to it by now.

Yesterday I felt much better after an early false alarm.  I had breakfast in Tesco and bought some necessities including bran flakes [ugh – blame Sister Diabetes] and sirloin steak [yum].  My outward run was on a gaily painted bus branded Norfolk Coaster.  Apparently that outfit has stopped running and most of the buses have ended up in these parts.  The seats are so much more comfy!  Later I mowed the dandelion patch – sorry, lawn - and ripped some triffids from the path but the heat beat me.  I managed, at the third attempt, to book a room in a guest house in Wakefield at the time of Scalefour North 2019.  The lesson, apparently, is always talk to the lady who serves breakfast.  Now I have to figure out why a hotel room in London on 20th December cost £52 last year and £78 this.  The concert last night was OK but the band was not really my cup of tea and I knew this when I booked my ticket.  It was better than sitting at home on my tod watching Casualty.

Today I will cook the sirloin steak for lunch and visit Raunds in the evening for what looks to be a very good concert.  In the week ahead I must sort out with the surgery why I have to   take a blood test which I have already taken and make an appointment for the diabetes clinic which I have already made.  This will help to take my mind off the appointment on Friday with Professor Oncologist.  Obviously I am apprehensive of what he will tell me.  You and I know that there is no use worrying about it but that won’t stop me.

Warm thoughts, then, to Debs, Robert and his dad, Tony and Aditi, Andyram, Simon, Mal and all others in distress

Chris

• RMweb Premium

and the mayo in the sink just went over my head.

Messy!!!

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Here.

I slept from about 22:00 to 03:00 woke went downstairs took ibuprofen went back to sleep. Was awoken by an excited Ben the Border Collie as SWMBO started moving about upstairs. He the beat me up with nemo, a 2 foot stuffed toy.

Ben is now requesting his patrol.

Raised bed to be completed later.

Time to... Get up...

• Like 3