The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

I know one or two ERs can't stand Chris Evans..but today he played a song for HH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPm0o04lGE

and has an interesting talk with Professor Sir Chris Evans about various things including what not to do at Christmas

Champagne..good

Red Wine..good

beer...good

White meat ..good

Broccoli...excelent

Steak.. bad

whisky/gin/vodka....bad

good job we have some beer, pork and red wine for Christmas day..... :jester:

Baz

Hmm, so our capon and pork are ok, the greens will no doubt be ok, the carrots are needed for eyesight purposes and as I will probably y take a drink a Christmas it will either be some sort of fizzy stuff or red wine (or both) so that seems ok too.  I'd better not mention the Christmas Pudding which according to something I read somewhere the other day is now seemingly an even worse health risk than smoking 50 Capstan Full Strength a day.

Yes, we do have a tv aerial, very fancy contraption it is with all sorts of sticky out bits to capture the right kind of signals (well that's what the bloke who installed it said).  Next door down the road also has one which is just as well because Kev the Kite is very fond of sitting on it, and next door up the road also has one and his new tv set is built into the wall and has a screen size which is probably measured in feet rather than inches.  I'm not at all sure how we'd get a tv signal any other way as the road is not 'wired' for cable and the BT signal is over copper wire from the cabinet round the corner.

Off to Kemble tomorrow for my second OFs' Christmas meal of this year.  Oddly the main course menu is very similar indeed to the last one a couple of weeks back in Pompey;  this year roast beef seems to be the 'in' alternative to cardboard (aka turkey).

• Like 18

We use our aerial more now. I think the BBC HD picture looks better on our TV than the same channel from the SKY HD box. I will probably get rid of the Sky box soon. Our aerial is in the loft and points at the Crystal Palace transmitter.

Phil, if Go Outdoors gilets aren’t suitable, Camping and General on Canvey Island might have something.

John. Aditi has seen quite a few old volcanoes but the Canary Islands are “still warm” geology. The biology is interesting too, seeing what colonises the lava.

Lots of volcanic outcrops here. Craters of the Moon is a bit to the South, but I don't need to go that far. Our house is built on basalt columns but they are mostly fractured into cobbles near the surface.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Ian

I used to complain that 90% of the stores in the mall were ladies dress stores. Now 90% are either ladies dress stores or cell phone stores.

I called the RV repair today and one of the fellows was bringing it back from the body shop. They will call with a date when their work will be done. Told them I need something next week as the licence expires on my birthday and this year we need an emissions test (which is being abolished in April.)

We have used the aerial in the RV. Some campgrounds don't provide cable and we have had fun in New York City area. We also replaced the TV and the new one is digital reception -- USA changed over at the time we bought the RV and I think they dumped the old ones on Canadian orders.

I was allowed out for the morning.

• Like 16

Morning Chaps & Chappesses

Yesterdays course was an absolute eye opener, I'll be getting the team leaders to attend the course also. I'd recommend it to anyone who manages people

http://www.sja.org.uk/sja/training-courses/mental-health-first-aid/mhfa-champion.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQiA3b3gBRDAARIsAL6D-N-ucOpdQvpdDk7HzLlfsPbXrAINwSgheML9pmy8ELF-RJkuqMg77DQaAmJ3EALw_wcB

I am again up early on the 0612 from Durham to the smoke for meetings with my clients client about their plans to roll out 5G, then pie & licker, jellied eels, flat beer and other southern delicacies

Have a great day

Karl

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Morning All

First off, I have now managed to access Debs' FB page, something which is hit and miss for some reason, and am pleased to say she has been posting there. 

I have read and rated everbody's posts.  And, of course, greetings are as ever sent to the ailing and the celebrating.

Fodder run happening a day early due to an appointment tomorrow, and 30747 has been called into work (again), so our planned trip to Skipton has been postponed, and the fodder run substituted.  Such is life I guess.

Back later/tomorrow

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

flat beer and other southern delicacies

delicacies - is that paying the high prices for flat beer :sungum:

Morning from a not so frosty Surrey as today I did not have to defrost the car. The new GTR timetable this week isnt going smoothly at present although most issues have been tresspass and faulty stock aswell as the regular signalling faults.

Two nights in a row my other half has been delayed getting home and this morning the Great White Worm she would have caught has a fault so its been cancelled throughtout from Horsham to Peterborough and her next train (a slower Worm that stops more stations enroute to LBG) is late. I am not wholly getting away with the delays these days as I go and collect her from the station so have a longer wait in the car depsite checking the departures board online, they tend to just get later and later after leaving home.

Another day tidying up and modelling.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Feels cold outside.

Cold progressing. A runny nose has now been substituted by watery eyes. Never mind!

Plans for next week's trip to Essex get more complex. Drive down Tuesday to see my very poorly marra. World will be put to rights then off to see her indoors aunt for lunch Wednesday before driving home.

The joys of the A1 and M11 beckon..pah!

Today is tree day apparently..I need to get the tree stand out.

A very, very large bottle of Christmas ale has arrived..i had hoped for another bottle of chateau neuf du pape but we will enjoy it!

Positive thoughts to all who ail and/or are missing.

Baz

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Jamie's Fiend, must be fiendishly good at chopping down trees..

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Here,

Finally a good nights sleep of seven hours, with just a couple of wake up and turn overs.

Crunchy grass this morning, it was definately start the car, before taking Ben the Border Collie on his morning patrol round the garden.

The windscreen had defrosted nicely with the blower on full blast. No moon but lots of Stars visible..

The last of the yacon will definately need digging out on Friday.

I've got about 3 hours left of a semi Automatic run required a knob turn every 40 minutes, then it's back to manual tests, before Finishing at 12:30 today. Then it's drive home, SSS, before heading to the docs for the routine prodding..

I think someone has been playing with my radio in the lab again, radio 1 set up on both FM and DAB, not a nice noise first thing..

Time too... err sit around for another 15 minutes before playing with knobs..

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

There was a frost yesterday evening but it seems to have ...er...defrosted. A dry day with some sunny spells and possibly the odd shower forecast.

A decision was made and a new Makita drill and driver set has been ordered. Hopefully when it arrives it will spur me on to building the O plank boards.

Sounds like we're going to Sainsbury's in a while, Quelle surprise!

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

A cool but dry day here in the northwest. Breakfast has been consumed as has the muggertea and orange juice. My next task will be to retrieve the bins from wherever they have been left and then I’m off too the pool. I’ve not been for 2 weeks as we were in Harrogate at the end of last month and I didn’t feel up to swimming last week due to a cough.

I don’t tend to read, or take much notice of reports saying this is good/bad for you anymore. As Mark Twain said

“There’s lies, damned lies and statistics”

Back later

• Like 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Its my usual habit to switch on the Breakfast show to get the news and weather especially the local news and weather. Instead this morning all that was showing was a picture of the front door of number 10 and the reporter repeating parrot fashion that TM was facing a leadership challenge.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Morning all 

Biting the bullet last week end I dared myself to buy a loco from the super sale @ Hatton's they have been out of favor with me for a couple of years  I

couldn't but not help myself to get £50 off, then I wondered when it would turn up Hatton's standard has been a week or more in the past when others manage

overnight or 2 days shock and amazement the Post Office say it will be here today seeing is believing and the tramp from Yodel wont be delivering it

so as it's 4 days 5 out of 10 for the slight improvement I will still look at their website last when browsing as that is worse than anything off ebay.

Later I'm off to my eldest daughters to use my packing skills on he new Oak table she is moving tomorrow and as I can't go lifting things with my bad 

back I thought I would deal with the Table as her other half is an oaf, I won't be supervising as the 2 :girldevil:  :girldevil: mothers who hate each other guts will

be there bossing the men around all I can say is my wife has a brain the other one hasn't    :jester:

My other daughter and her hubby both have a dose of man-flu as she put it we were hoping to see them tomorrow and week end.

Must get on the bathroom has finally come free.

Mr Pickford