Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is now light enough that see that it is a bit cloudy.

There should be a couple of parcels to wait for today. No trains, some clothing from Cornwall and bits for my record player. I must have bought the turntable over 40 years ago. I have some records that I never got on cd or iTunes so I thought it would be nice to play them again.

Aditi thinks we should go for a walk today.

Tony

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

I'm going to be very glad when that banner ad with that ****ing countdown counts down!

You only have 5 days 01 hour 37 minutes and 26 seconds to go.

You only have 5 days 01 hour 37 minutes and 25 seconds to go.

You only have 5 days 01 hour 37 minutes and 24 seconds to go.

You only have ..........

• RMweb Premium

Good morning one and all.

A strange morning hereabouts, 63rd birthday yesterday, and today is the first morning I've experienced where I've not had to get up and go to work, having officially retired on New Years Eve.

I now have a list of jobs as long as the New Testament !(which does not contain a reference to railway modelling !).

Even managed a one hour lie in until 6:15am.

Enjoy your day, I'm off to tidy the attic room.

Brian R.

Happy birthday Brian and happy retirement. There are modelling references in the good book, "The Lord's train filled the temple". I can't remember where it is but Isiah and Revelation come to mind.

That was all the excuse I needed when I used to use my chapel for railway testing.

Good morning all from a bright but chilly bit of the Charente. The jigsaw is still ongoing and the outline of Ms McGillis is starting to emerge along with that of Mr Cruise. Rather more of the Harley Davidson is now looking quite good. Here I have just booked Beth a Dr's appointment for later today and there is much planning going on of how to get 8 weeks of Meds through customs and airline baggage regulations on our Ruby wedding trip later this year. I'm off shortly to get a new inner tube for our big barrow plus some co ax and connectors.

I hope that JohnDMJ and Chrisf return safely.

Regards to all.

Jamie

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Very dull here but it should stay dry and there may be some brighter intervals.

The Boss has gone into tidy up after Christmas mode and wants to take down the decorations. To be exact she wants me to take them down. As usual at this time of year I will try to see how long I can stop the inevitable happening. More likely to be hours rather than days but I will have to get in the loft to retrieve the various boxes. Perhaps I could manufacture a loft ladder malfunction?  :scratchhead:

She also wants to do some gardening. That will certainly be without my help.

Have a  good one,

Bob.

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Here,

5.5 hours sleep but since I couldn't keep my eyes open at 21:00, that means I've been awake since roughly 02:30...

Darn chilly out there this morning, clear skies and a Northerly wind, when Ben the Border Collie decided he wanted a second trip round the garden he didn't get it.

The Northerly means there are the lowest level of flood warnings at the moment, luckily it's neap tides at the moment, had it been spring tides the alerts would have been higher.

I'm sitting here at work, having arrived to find an email asking for a cal date for an Item I haven't received. When I found it It had been on site since the 4th of December, but not put on my incoming shelf... This is the same type of machine, that just before christymas also went missing for a couple of weeks, and I'm still working on that one.

I've got one major system, and the first missing unit to do in the next three days, that's 4 days work....

Having lived in Bletchley Park and having worked on systems that replaced the Chain home radar, and in particular on the interconnecting systems. I think I am in some agreement with Barry  O's remarks..

Time too... walk down to the opposite end of the main  lab to take some measurements that end...

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone

It’s a little frosty here in the northwest. First task this morning will be to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, then if I have time I’ll bake some cakes for the grandkids, who are coming round for tea tonight.

Brian. Happy birthday, enjoy your retirement.

Back later

• Like 13

Morning all,

I've contacted the Divine Leader about our errant Horseman of the Apocalypse. Seems he was very apocalyptic about the Divine Leader somewhere else on the Webbything, and has been banned sine die. That's a legal term that I would have put into italics if my computer would let me.

Aw shucks. So we need to appoint a new Leader of the Sarcasm Party. Any volunteers?

Big red banner. I must admit to watching it as 10:00am approaches. Also it's a preferable alternative to listening to Failing blethering about fare increases or justifying the appointment of a ferry company without ferries. I may be a bit cynical here, but remembering Ernest, does he own any shares?

Keep well all, especially John and Sandy. Oh, and Chris should be back tomorrow. Bill

Edited by bbishop
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Cloudy here this morning but still a tad colder, a high pressure system will be sitting over the UK until the weekend which means dry cold settled weather. Nothing else to report, muggatee awaits, be back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Jamie, the Big Orange shed has green barrow tyres made of heavy duty  rubber that do not puncture, they come with a set of adaptors for different Axles. Last time I bought one it was £16, NO more punctures.. I'm sure they'd have something similar over there...

Morning all. I'm always grateful on the 2nd of January that I usually book this week off, rather than the time between Christmas and New year, and today is no exception!

Off to Eastbourne in a bit, and after a surprise pop last night, adding a lightbulb to the shopping list!

• Like 15

There are modelling references in the good book, "The Lord's train filled the temple". I can't remember where it is but Isiah and Revelation come to mind.

That was all the excuse I needed when I used to use my chapel for railway testing.

The Queen of Sheba in 1 Kings?

Rather more of the Harley Davidson is now looking quite good.

There is also a reference to Triumphs somewhere in the good book, but not Harley Davidsons.

Regards to all.

Bill

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

I was up at 6am for pain killers I watches some new then got back in and then re-emerged at 10am.

Her decide we would take the Christmas decorations down yesterday once done it was back to the mancave

after making the lunch and clearing the mess away, it was then a game of musical King tenders as 6028 King 

Henry II was re-named King George VI January 1937 and required a Roundel on the tender 2 suitable tenders swopped

and they went back into the storage box, TV was bland we watched some blood thirsty show called Luther with Elbow

Idris trying to act and Patrick Formaldahide who played the cop in Minder doing a bad job playing a villain he kept

grinning ???? I lost the story line after 5 minutes in, so it's back to the box sets for the rest of the week. 

Her has just gone off to lunch with some old friends I wonder who's other half will be put to death first they are amazing

all three of them can talk at once I have never heard of such a racket ever, so it's scenery work on the Indian Hill Rly for

the rest of the day till the merry Gas-bag returns. 

enjoy your day Luvin T'Peace :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 11

post-2818-0-82905300-1488959739.jpg

Greetings from the boring borough. 

I've supported RMweb from the early days with the odd donation and to not ad block their advertising. That bloody counter on the top and bottom of every fecking page was the last straw. AdBlocker re-enabled for the site. 

Little of note apart from it appears as though SELKENT MRC's home is to become a full time pub with working model railway. The Ale Bar opens in March according to SE London CAMRA. Conveniently located half way between the Amersham Arms and Royal Albert on New Cross rd. 

Enjoy the day. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Coffee break......in midst of taking down decorations.  :whistle:

Didn't take me long to cave in did it?   (I was getting earache!)

Still, it does appear that I am in the good books because discussions have restarted about where I could have more room for the layout(s). Could be an interesting couple of months ahead.  :yes:

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Coffee break......in midst of taking down decorations.  :whistle:

Didn't take me long to cave in did it?   (I was getting earache!)

Still, it does appear that I am in the good books because discussions have restarted about where I could have more room for the layout(s). Could be an interesting couple of months ahead.  :yes:

It's when they smile you have to worry like Her did when she went out of the front door earlier.  :umbrage:

• Like 3

Morning all

Belated birthday wishes to Brian, yes, you're better off having a lie-in. Another reason to be cheerful!

Bank holiday here, so neighbour has been drilling just like yesterday morning. They've done so much work on their house in the last year that they must be starting again.

Although a holiday, Gabe is at work today. And have to do shopping for my mum. Better get on then.

Sunny and bright here. Hope yours is, too

mal

Edited by Purley Oaks
  • Like 15

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Many happy returns of yesterday Brian - looks like you won't have time to be at the small show then :jester:   The Beeb were particularly generous today offering me a celebratory showing of 'The Titifield Thunderbolt' although somewhat less v celebratory is the de-decorationing ordained by the management, Stage 1 is currently being progressed by herself and the Good Doctor the task being retimed to today to take account of the latter's day off from her normal labours.  I'm gradually being roped in so my two new books from the Good Doctor will have to wait.

Have a good day one and all.

PS That ruddy countdown clock really has missed the boat, I placed my pre-order for the Hornby 2019 range with my 'local' retailer 7 days and 23 hours ago.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 15