RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Current information indicates the A3349 is not a good place to be so I suspect we will be giving tomorrow a miss as well?  But does anyone know which layouts and traders aren't there should things look better by tomorrow?

As far as I recall. ...

Priors End

Clyde Valley

Whitehorn? 

Habbbaniya

Santander Ague da

Kite dale

Clearway Harbour

Solent harbour.

Scratchy bottom halt.

A large 7mm mpd type layout name I can't renember

Edited by AndyB
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I had heard that the Prince Of Wale Foxfield has been bought by Coniston Brewery.. but my source is a T totaller so may be wrong.

Yes GDB.. watched some of the game..which was interesting. Notice England hanging onto players to stop them being "accidentally" off side.

As for cricket.. crumbs.. are they getting paid???

Baz

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

it could be them but cant recall the full converstion I had whilst supping large quantities of craft beer in California.

I think that this may be the only thread I will be lookng at for the foreseable future on here as I just dont like the new set up.. waaaay too many clicks to go anywhere at the moment.

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Ian

don't give up or despair!. I have found that, luckily , other than the odd photograph that needs re-setting  the forum is starting to settle down.  I seem to remember this is like the last big change to the site.

it is a lot easier to set up exhibition events so I give it a positive....

Baz

• Like 7
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

When the sofas we had bought in 1977 started to get quite worn we started looking sometime around the year 2000. We agreed there was no point getting anything less comfortable. We both agreed to wait until we found something we both liked. It took years, and we found what we liked in a shop we had gone into to look for carpets. We sat on some furniture to look at carpet samples and ended up buying the furniture. After waiting years, the 3 month delivery time seemed irrelevant.

We have a 2 and a 3 seater in brown leather in prefect condition they cost 3.5k some years ago probably worth tupence now the problem is my back I can't sit on them for anything longer that an hour so they have got to go.

D.E.Alerin-Finesofas

• Friendly/supportive 10

24 minutes ago, 81C said:

We have a 2 and a 3 seater in brown leather in prefect condition they cost 3.5k some years ago probably worth tupence now the problem is my back I can't sit on them for anything longer that an hour so they have got to go.

D.E.Alerin-Finesofas

3.5k? 

Phew!

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Being uncomfortable in car seats affected my back so much I didn’t drive long distances for a while but getting cars with a more upright seating position helped a lot. The present sofas have backs that recline a bit if you push and seem to give lumbar support. Even when I bruised my tailbone falling down the stairs  I found them to be comfortable. Some people don’t like them though. One of the problems we had is that Aditi and I are very different heights, she has short legs!  I don’t think we are ready for the ones that lift the cushion up to help one stand though.

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

I had heard that the Prince Of Wale Foxfield has been bought by Coniston Brewery.. but my source is a T totaller so may be wrong.

Yes GDB.. watched some of the game..which was interesting. Notice England hanging onto players to stop them being "accidentally" off side.

As for cricket.. crumbs.. are they getting paid???

Baz

I also watched the Ireland v England game.  It was possibly one of England’s best performances for years and shows what they can do with their best players fit.  Ireland didn’t play badly, but were battered for much of the game.

Scotland v Italy wasn’t anything like the intensity or quality of the England game.

As for the cricketers, the less said the better!

Interesting that the Prince of Wales may have been bought by Coniston Brewery.  I suspect they are less likely to develop it than other possible purchasers.

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Had a pleasant sojourn to a local coffee shop for a leisurely cappuccino, managed a couple of hours in the workshop, watched England thump Ireland whilst lying on a red leather sofa (me, not England), had a nice steak dinner and am looking forward to the Stafford show tomorrow, even though there is a threat of an infestation of hippos - so far a pretty good weekend.

TTFN

Dave

PS, I don't really like the new format for many of the reasons enumerated by others but being one of the new kids on the block I guess I'm not best qualified to comment (kid? who am I kidding?)

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

A good part of the records for WW1 soldiers were lost in an air raid in 1940. Known as the 'Burnt records' some have been recovered using modern methods.  Only those at the beginning of the alphabet survived. I was able to obtain my fathers records as I found his army paybook after he died but both my grandfathers records were lost as above. Medal records are available and they give a brief summary of units served in.

My grandfather's WWI records were found in the 'burnt records',his surname was Webb.  Perhaps it was a Welsh alphabet A,B, W, C....

The only thing of note was his being confined to barracks for 7 days for missing a parade.

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

Back in the game after a few issues with passwords etc - Andy kindly reset my email address from whichever one I was using ten years ago to my current one!

Hope the last few days have gone Ok for everyone. We have had snow which settled but didn't cause any extra days off, much to the disappointment of the kids, and now are collectively suffering from colds. Sal has suggested I paint a red cross on the door. 

Catching up with previous days postings now, so if you suddenly get a like from something you posted about two days ago, that'll be why!

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

My grandfather's WWI records were found in the 'burnt records',his surname was Webb.  Perhaps it was a Welsh alphabet A,B, W, C....

The only thing of note was his being confined to barracks for 7 days for missing a parade.

Obviously it must be in the genes...….

Jamie

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

A few of the records at the end survived as well. My surname would be just before Webb, my grandfathers record didn't survive but his brother my great uncles did.

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl,  

To early as I was late putting down a book about one man's ww2 (and parallel metals in various countries). 

Dry throat..  Hope it's gone a bit later.. 

Now for more sleep.  I hope... 

• Friendly/supportive 12