The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

The Sainsbury’s Grand Prix went without a hitch, whilst there I picked up a few bottles of wine that were being discounted, I mean, it would have been rude not to! Then it was home and put the shopping away. I then made myself a muggertea, which I drank whilst getting all the ingredients ready for a dozen chocolate cupcakes. These were done and sitting on the cooling rack by the time Sheila got home from her Zumba class.

After dinner I didn’t see the point of doing anything major, so I measured up the small cellar room and then drew up a cutting plan for the plasterboard which will be used to line the walls and ceiling, 11 boards will doo the job. I’m hoping to put in an order towards the end of the week.

This morning, Sheila came home from Zumba with a load of rhubarb, luckily she sent me a text early enough for me to be able to get some strawberries whilst I was shopping. If I have time, I think I’ll be making some rhubarb and strawberry jam tomorrow afternoon. 

Goodnight all 

• Like 16

Morning All,

Winter seems to have returned this morning!  The temperature has fallen to around 0°C and there is a fairly heavy frost.

There isn't a lot else to report, so have a good day everyone...

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Ey up. Spulchicker  does not like St Brelades..for some reason.

Any roads up..sun shining, birds are  singing...and ?...we are getting up to go to the  fitness club for a swim apparently. 

Hope to be back later

Baz

• Like 17

Good morning one and all

My e-friend Harry started his new job with Amazon yesterday.  One day I must get him to explain it to me but for now he says that it is very similar to what he used to do at Sainsburys only much more lucrative.  By comparison, what he used to be paid as a teacher is microscopic.  Work, as we know, helps to pay for what we like doing but what if we are left with no time to do it?  Tell me I'm worrying unnecessarily.

Stewart, I appreciate your recent kind words about my dmu captions.  I have told the editor that I would like to do some more but it's his magazine.   Let us see what happens.

There is ironing to be done and fodder to be run today.  Poorly Pal would like pork in his stir-fry on Thursday so that must be secured.  My bed is a mass of magazines, mostly at rakish angles, because I have been using them to great effect to read myself to sleep.  Some arrived while I was down under, the rest while I was barely functioning thanks to the lurgi.  In due course they must be tidied and filed.  Oh dear.

Best wishes to all

Chris 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl Inner Temple Hare,

A terrible nights sleep mostly because I managed to knock a empty cup off the side table when I turned over at silly oClock, later attempts to sleep on the sofa were denied by an aching back ..

Frosty ish this morning . The car was frosted but the landrover not. Slightly cloudy, a very heavy Dew, which gave enough liquid to clean the wing mirrors.. lots of little birdies have taken so sitting on them and leaving their deposits..

Ben the Border Collie was not impressed by the sea raoring on the coast with a north east wind, it's quite loud..

Continuing on the Walt Disney theme of cute birdies,  pheasants, Partridges, pigeons, deer  and bunnies all wandering around the roads this morning. Along with a small ish Barn owl sitting on a 30mph sign..

Well the chinese system failed again with 48PP error, not as bad as the 192 ppm it had before, it should be less than 10PPM. anyway that's now one for the Boss and he's skyving for a couple of days. So he cant look at that till Wednesday, so in the mean time I have to complete a new product system.. Nothing too complicated.

That reminds me I need to put in a day off for an Eye test, No choice of time, 11:25 which means a whole day off work, as they put drops in the eyes which means I can See Not a lot all afternoon..

Time to ... wind up the clocking / days off programme.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A little chilly here and cloudy but there may be some bright spells later.

Some gardening done yesterday which apparently my back is telling me was not a good idea. A bit more carp disposed of from the shed.

Didn't get around to running the Deltic so may attempt that today however the first thing on the agenda is a visit to Sainsbury's as food is needed for Joe and Gemma who as usual are visiting after school.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a little cloudy here today and due to remain so for the rest of the day. Breakfast has been consumed and my large muggertea  is almost gone. I will then decamp to the living room and peruse the Internet for awhile and then I’ll talk to the swimming pool for my weekly swim, which is a day earlier than usual. This afternoon, if I’m not too kn@ckered I’ll make a huge batch of rhubarb and strawberry jam. 

Thoughts and best best wishes with Deb’s. 

Back later

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, the usual glorious sunrise that at present is still in action, so warmth is a distinct possibility in the frozen north, a lot of the winter migrants are leaving and a planned trip up the Glens later in the week is on the cards. I hope to be photographing Ring Ouzel and Adders and even a Cuckoo if I'm very lucky. I get my MOT tomorrow so hope I do better than last year, got a rollicking as my weight has crept up, hope to be out cycling soon, so that will fix that along with a re attempt at climbing Lochnagar a local Munroe mountain that bust my hamstring last year when I gave it a go. Take care all.

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
28 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

Good morning everyone. I haven't been posting for just over a week as last Monday I had to go for a chest x-Ray and some other tests because of the cough I've had for about three months now as well as chest and back pains and I'm afraid that waiting for the results has been preying on my mind to the extent that I've rather let it take over my life. However, I visited ERs and it made me realise a couple of things. First of all, there are poor souls out there who are far, far worse off who don't let things like that put them down and secondly that engaging with something as constructive and interactive as ERs is in itself cathartic. Hence I'm back and hope to stay that way and stop moping about being fearful and sorry for myself. Apologies for the self-indulgent waffle, I'll try to be a bit more cheerful in future, especially when the results eventually come back to me. For the time being I just want to add my thoughts to Mal's family, to Baz, Debs and others who are suffering bereavements.

Dave

The Xray will probably comeback with Nothing, SWMBO had to have the same, as her cough went on over 3 months, it came back with nothing..

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

I don't think Baz quite understood my reference to Leith.  Just that they didn't remove previous flight information from a plane's computer; so it went to Edinburgh instead of Düsseldorf.

Bill

• Like 13
  • Agree 6

33 minutes ago, bbishop said:

I don't think Baz quite understood my reference to Leith.  Just that they didn't remove previous flight information from a plane's computer; so it went to Edinburgh instead of Düsseldorf.

Bill

Did the Leith police NOT dismisseth them, then? 

I find this quite a worrying comment on the general business of flying an aircraft. Surely there would have been some indication? The sun being on the wrong side of the aircraft, for example? Not passing the coastline? 

This seems to be the sort of thing once known as “putting red on green”, flying on the reciprocal bearing. 

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Commiserations to Debs upon the loss of her dad. Still haven't got round to sorting the shed base yet as I'm still not 100% decided where its going to go. There are other options but no option is perfect but with a metal shed there are more options. For the time being while its dry I'm going to give whats left of the brambles a good dose of weedkiller. Thats it for now, be back later.

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

And first the important bit - John please pass on my condolences to Deb.  It's time fate dealt her a better hand.

And now back to yesterday evening -  or the best part, off & on - for three hours when I managed to fall asleep in front of the telly.  Presumably down to an early start to the day plus the fresh encountered while partaking in the G word chemical warfare against moss in various parts of the estate.  But on the other hand it could be down to reading some of Ossie Nock's more dreary prose as notwithstanding interesting subjects he does manage at times to write in a way which  encourages sleep;  perhaps a tip there for 'The Q'?

Oh and after return of the motor we ventured to Tesco as we'd decide on salad for dinner and we were somewhat lacking in the makings.  I think my lunch for the next few days is likely to consist principally of salad sarnies.  But one adventure today will be to assess the results of yesterday's chemical warfare, before I use the flame gun! 

I hope Baz and Mrs Baz will enjoy Jersey - quite an interesting place and great fun years ago watching 'buses being turned on a turntable.  Although I have been there a couple of times I've only ever done it on things moved by propellors, and that includes the aircraft we travelled on for our second family visit - Viscount outwards, Pionair (i.e. a civilianised Dakota) for the return working.

Have a good day everyone and enjoy the sunshine  if you receive any.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, rockershovel said:

Did the Leith police NOT dismisseth them, then? 

I find this quite a worrying comment on the general business of flying an aircraft. Surely there would have been some indication? The sun being on the wrong side of the aircraft, for example? Not passing the coastline? 

This seems to be the sort of thing once known as “putting red on green”, flying on the reciprocal bearing. 

The pilots flew the plane to the flight plan they were supplied with. BA are investigating how this happened. It was a plane hired from another company. 

Allegedly the same thing happened next day. 

Now one might think passengers would notice something but we were flying from Southend to Dublin recently. A group of passengers behind us noticed the Irish coast and they agreed that it must be America as “Ireland is joined to England, innit”. 

Tony

• Funny 16