The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Quite a bit more progress has been made in the cellar, I’ve only got a section of wall about 5ft sq left to strip, I’m hoping that a final push on Thursday morning will sort that out. After that, I plan to then make a start on pulling the rest of ceiling down.  Once that’s done I can reroute the cables that were originally run in the plastic trunking that was fastened directly to the ceiling. However, rerouting the cables is a job that will be done on a day when Sheila is at her Zumba class, as one of the circuits I want to reroute is the kitchen ring main. Once that job is done, I can then fit the new ceiling followed by the new lighting. This will then be followed by the application of a waterproofing solution to the walls, before doing a first fix for the power sockets, then finally fitting moisture resistant plasterboard to the walls.

After tea a treated myself to a bottle of doombar.

Happy birthday Mike 

Goodnight all 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, lightengine said:

The Polish food outside of Poland must be good.  From my trip to Warsaw I only observed that the fat/lard/grease that was presented at meals always had a vestige of meat somewhere in it.

The one we went to in Reading was called Piwnica, we liked our meal and it seems to get good reviews. It was more rural in design than somewhere like Baltic in London. Matthew and his friends trips to Poland were mainly not to Warsaw, one was to a conference held at a Bison research centre somewhere near Bialystok.

Tony

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 2

Good morning one and all, with apologies to Mike Stationmaster for overlooking his official birthday yesterday.

The problem with the pot of superglue whose lid is stuck firmly on was solved in an unexpected way.  I went to the shop where I bought it and asked if anyone there was good at removing recalcitrant lids from superglue pots.  There wasn’t, but they took pity on me and exchanged a full pot with an immovable lid for one with a very removable lid.  Wasn’t that kind?

I wished the custodians of BBC iPlayer something less than goodwill yesterday morning.  My efforts to catch up on “Line of Duty” were impeded by Auntie’s insistence on parental controls.  How high-handed is that?  Remind me to stay in on Sunday nights while the series is running.

What happened to my first pledge to Exeter Pride remains a mystery for now.  I tried the Crowdfunder webshite again and this time the pledge went through, proved by the presence of my name on the roll of honour together with those of the other donors.  Another puzzle, arising at Sam Carter’s concert, was whether I had a copy of his album “The No Testament”.  Soon solved: I have.  It’s in the hessian bag because I have not yet played it.  Doubts as to ones sanity are best avoided.

I’ve been using grapes to wage war against my cough.  Already I need reinforcements.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

A belated Happy non birthday to Mike!

Dry and even slightly chilly at the moment and those who know about these things are suggesting rain and even hail & thunder are a possibility.

First task today is to visit the hospital (no, I haven't mutilated myself) but need a couple of blood tests according to the medics.

After that I intend to do the layout dismantling that didn't happen yesterday due to too many other things going on. However I did sort out various financial matters and a deposit to the window people has been made. Just need them to come up with some dates now for final measuring up and installation.

Joe's coming for lunch and Gemma will be here later after school so as usual they will brighten up my Tuesday whatever the weather does.

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Morning awl,

Happy birthday to King Michael the First.  Well, you're allowed two birthdays.  I think a few warrants of execution are in order .....

Physiotherapy this afternoon and maybe, just maybe, collecting the teeth.  I'm wearing the spare set at the moment - none too secure.

Keep well awl, Bill

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s seems to have rained overnight, but it’s not at the moment. Shortly I’ll be heading off to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix. Once back and all the shopping has been put away, I will start making a cheesecake for tomorrow nights tea. Other than that, there isn’t much else planned for the day. 

Back later

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

…………….. I was dreaming that an elderly Basil Brush and a group of schoolchildren had taken over running the country.  Very strange.

There is an obvious reply to that but I don't want to fall foul of the moderators.

• Like 4
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 11

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Morning all.

Aditi is cutting the lawns. I have just woken up. I was dreaming that an elderly Basil Brush and a group of schoolchildren had taken over running the country.  Very strange.

I don’t think much is happening today. 

Tony

Can't be, I think Basil and children could make a decision..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3
  • Agree 10