Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon and what a hot one it is - far more unpleasant than the temperatures we had in Oregon and Washington last week. Still suffering the time difference but managed to go to Mums and back to collect the Dapol class 73 in Southern - nameplates of our late friend ordered from narrow Planet by another friend for six of us.

Shed is relatively cool but have just opened all the windows and the double doors to make sure it stays that way. I have a new Echo device to install in there. The new video doorbell will work through this but the doorbell package didn't make it that clear that it comes with a transformer to fit in the consumer unit so have had to order a small plug type one before that can be fitted.

All the best to Aditi for a swift recovery  from the GDB club.

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, lightengine said:

As Austerity seems like it will be the new buzz word I may get one.

Not DJM though....

Morningish.  Just time to add thanks to Dave and Q for their service - and any others who have done so.

Tony, time for one of those cordless mowers then?   I hope Aditi's are heals OK, and you survive the trauma too - never forget the carers.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

G'day all,

Up with things I have caught, surprising how quickly this thread grows nowadays.  Very sorry to hear about Aditi and i trust all will go well with her recovery.  As for 81C Bob and and his romantic entanglements I'm just waiting to hear what happens the first time he says he's off to a model railway exhibition for the day and how he'll explain the results of his shopping when he gets back?

Yesterday was spent travelling down to Exeter for an OF's nosh and then travelling back.  Every cloud it seem has a silver lining so with surfboards banned at least the outward train (to Newquay) didn't have about 15 minutes overtime at Reading as the spotty youths tried to load the things.  I understand they now go by air as Flybe have welcomed then, surfboards an' all, with open arms.   And Withering Spoon's flagship establishment at Exeter (The Imperial) definitely wasn't functioning on all cylinders - firstly there was a notice on the bar advising that they had no eggs which displeased some of our group of course.  Then when our 'orderer' went off to order he quickly returned to advise that they didn't have any fish either - which somewhat upset those who had ordered fish and chips and then had to restudy the menu.   And finally  one of our number who had asked to supplement his All day Brunch with the extra of black pudding because there were no eggs got the message that they hadn't got any black pudding either!  But on the plus side when they came our  19 meals (sans egg, fish, or black pudding) were all delivered and placed in front of our group of 19 hungry diners in a space of less than 3 minutes - they are really good at that there.  However an executive decision has been made, uninfluenced by missing meal components, that our 'Christmas Dinner' will this year take place in Portsmouth instead of Exeter and the Exeter cgathering will be skidded to January.  Fortunately it is found possible for our member resident in Portscatho to get to Portsmouth in time for the 12.00 start.

Should our resident Hippo be looking for anything salacious in respect of DJM I think he is indeed correct that nothing new is likely to appear on that thread - unless something happens which provides employment for the legal profession (and that of course will not be permitted to be discussed until any legal matters are concluded).  in the meantime I doubt we'll see anything more of substance because those folk who do know various things are, for a variety of reasons, keeping their mouths firmly shut and their tryping fingers under restraint.

Enjoy the rest of your day one and all.  I must now hasten to clean the vacuum so I'm being told instructed

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I need something to drink.

Over the course of the 'working day' so far, I have managed to spill three cups of tea and a cup of coffee over the garage floor.

Of course the upside is that none of the mugs broke, and the floor has had a partial wash.

Trenching has been suspended whilst the drain pipe joints set, and I work out where to get my next load of hardcore for the drainage sumps from.

Clearing out in the workshop and garage continues, although to be truthful, this is mainly a sorting and relocation exercise for of the various tools into a better storage plan.

I intersperse this tedious task with entertaining myself repairing toys for the grandchildren and machining up a couple of back to back gauges for the 7 mm fleet.

This reminds me also need to machine up a pair of the HH patent crossing nose Thingumbybobwhotsit in preparation for the building of a single slip.

The last time I tried this, it did not end well, especially for the  pair of carefully milled aluminium bars which both ended up in the scrap box. 

Why Al? Soft solder will not stick to it.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just tried on a new pair of jeans, either the waist measurement is less than stated or I've lost weight which is quite possible as during this hot weather I've been living on salads. 

• Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

1 hour ago, Happy Hippo said:

Trenching has been suspended whilst the drain pipe joints set, and I work out where to get my next load of hardcore for the drainage sumps from.

Bring your wheelbarrow and load up here. Our house is built on a basalt outcrop.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi quote “I don’t think we will need the duvet tonight “. 

No I agree but I wouldn't mind one of my women staying overnight to keep me warm Jane today would have done .:wub: 

• Like 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
48 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Best wishes to Aditi.

I'll be missing for four days, with the Ireland test match at Lords.  I may be busy!

Bill

AND !!

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

My dear heart has sent me some photo's that were done professionally a few years back and some recent one's she is one of those ladies that doesn't age, guess who got the cream.

SWMBO has been replaced by She Who I Adore S.W.I.A.   :wub: 

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

G'day all,

As for 81C Bob and his romantic entanglements I'm just waiting to hear what happens the first time he says he's off to a model railway exhibition for the day and how he'll explain the results of his shopping when he gets back?

Mike this woman is something else I assure you, I will only be viewing at the shows from now on ,that's if I go, this one will keep me occupied she has so much more to offer unlike the last one where I couldn't get out of the house quick enough.

• Friendly/supportive 10