The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

Just looked up her biog. Voluptuous and exotic-looking features. Was it this or something else that made her memorable?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0575756/bio

The same site listes trademarks

• Natural brunette hair
  • Voluptuous assets
  • Seductive deep voice
  • Classy yet impassioned demeanor

Sad that she wasn't available to do the carry-on films I guess; anyone for Carry On Up The Kasbah  - it sounds like that would have been just up her street (and not her back alley).

• Funny 11

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Back  from the Home of Cricket.  I rather think by the Twelfth Night, I'll be intoning Feste's song.

Bill

I have just read that tomorrow at Lords is in aid of the Ruth Strauss charity, are you dressing in red Bill?

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 6

29 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

John was really helpful to Aditi a few years ago finding someone she needed to contact for work. Aditi (no social media)  asks me every day “how are John and Sandy”. We haven’t met but I am sure we would have plenty to chat about. 

Thanks. He was only three offices along the corridor, so no sweat involved.

The person who needed to be contacted has since retired, and was suffering from MS. Nice guy

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Evening all, quiet day today, bit of the G word mostly in the greenhouse, tomatoes coming in numbers now, sweet corn is almost ready and the Butternut squash are growing nicely, we like them in soups in the autumn and winter with one of my chillies, really like the Hungarian hot wax, not too hot and have a nice flavour, not just heat.

Bit more muddling, almost completed the track work, one hinge short to finish the lift section at the door, new loco arrived today too, needs a bit of a run in, but is a cracking wee loco, tender driven, but DCC fitted by someone, it's Woodcock a limited edition Hornby A4 in experimental blue, looks great and will just fit in to the earlier part of my era being muddled. Hope to get some full loops in tomorrow to run the locos in.

G'night all.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Had a most enjoyable time at the garden railway and a lot of cake, tea and sausage rolls were consumed, not all by me I might add. Also present was our hosts 19-year-old grandson who sadly has Downs Syndrome. However he and my friends young son who has learning difficulties seemed to get on well together. Great to see Andyram back in the fold and to wish him luck with becoming a foster parent.

• Like 14
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, andyram said:

In the even shorter term, tomorrow sees me complete the 44th lunar cycle.

Happy birthday Andy!

It's nice to  hear from you, and as Phil says, good luck with foster parenting.

A naughty wag would wish you a happy ~3.67* solar cycles anniversary but I would never dream of doing such a thing. ;)

* Using 28 days per lunar cycles, it is actually closer to 3.370 solar cycles (factoring an extra quarter day for leap years) but that's hardly relevant.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 14
  • Agree 1

A day of grandparenting granddaughter and grandson in the heat. Since two-year old grandson discovered running, I don't think he's slowed down to a walk. He is hard to keep up with. Then the dishwasher, with a full load in, started flashing "drain blocked" error codes. Daughter-in-law has taken the kids home, hoping they don't fall asleep on the car ride, and the dishwasher has been cleaned out and is running again. 

To paraphrase a song associated with a different time of year, its

"Past beer o'clock,

On a warm and sticky evening"

so - cheers!

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Morning All,

We have a slightly gloomy morning today.  It has rained quite a bit overnight, and the mornings are now starting to draw in.

Happy Birthday Andy!

Have a good day everyone...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Good morning one and all, and welcome back to Andyram

I ached all over yesterday and spent much of the day on the bed.  It's not much better this morning so when the telephone engineer has been I doubt I will be doing anything strenous.  The VW dealership has not been able to do anything about my sticking brakes so I don't know what I will do about them now.  At least my Polo has passed it MOT and with less than 28,000 miles on the clock I should jolly well think so.  I need to be on full power in just over a week as I am to march through Cardiff for Pride Cymru.

Best wishes to all

Chris

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

13 minutes ago, chrisf said:

The VW dealership has not been able to do anything about my sticking brakes so I don't know what I will do about them now.

Chris, are you a member of the RAC or the AA? If you are, do they do vehicle inspections? If they do, get them to look at the car and write a report on it, which you can then take to the dealership (assuming they do find a problem). The AA/RAC should stand behind their report.

I've done that here, just before a car ran out of warranty, and the dealership dealt with the problems they listed, except for one which they showed was just within allowed limits.

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

Good morning one and all.

Many happy returns. Andy.

Have a good day whatever it is you are doing in your particular corner of the world.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Surely it is to keep the asbestos "in"? ( Before being removed.)

Out of the  new lab, in the old lab... for the moment..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

The VW dealership has not been able to do anything about my sticking brakes so I don't know what I will do about it.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Happy birthday Andy!

It's nice to  hear from you, and as Phil says, good luck with foster parenting.

A naughty wag would wish you a happy ~3.67* solar cycles anniversary but I would never dream of doing such a thing. ;)

* Using 28 days per lunar cycles, it is actually closer to 3.370 solar cycles (factoring an extra quarter day for leap years) but that's hardly relevant.

You know that feeling you get when you lie in bed and you realise you have typed the wrong words.......

I wasn’t changing it late last night, but have amended the offending sentence this morning. I knew someone would spot my obvious error.

I blame  a recent lack of sleep and the word blindness that has been a result of too much staring at a computer screen reading dreadful assignments. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

• RMweb Premium

Eye up! Happy birthday abdyram.

Take it you are not attending  Manchester Pride Chris? Dr Eldest Herbert is.

Sunny morning so cricket will be played.

Have a great day and positive thoughts to all who ail! Especially John and Sandy and Debs..the holder of the awl!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Sunny morning so cricket will be played.

It's only Thursday in Cornwall,  unless I've slept in too long...

Edited by Stubby47
  • Funny 13