Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. The knees have stopped aching after my perambulations at Warley. Taking a day out meant that theres quite a bit of catching up to do on RMweb but I've now caught up, still to catch up on Farcebook, their new layout is a real PITA. 

• Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

2 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

Evening all, a proper dreich day up here, SWMBO announced get those scruffy trousers off I'm taking you out for lunch. I drove because she doesn't, had a nice enough lunch which then left me standing at the till on my own when the bill needed paying. I'm glad she took me out for lunch...…………………………..I won't be falling for that one again...………………..

Next time change into your kilt and leave your wallet in your trousers.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

And a (somewhat less than) splendid morning to all,

Yesterday’s efforts at clearing a neighbour’s bush (titter ye not!) spluttered when my big throbbing pole stalled and refused to restart. It is on the bench in my garage and will receive a damn good thrashing carefully investigation to identify and correct the problem. Yesterday also saw the same neighbour pop round for an extended chat over coffee(s) and an auction buyer come and collect the perfectly good table and chairs that SWMBO decided she no longer liked and which, together with its replacement, would have paid for a top of the range Dacia :mad_mini::mad_mini:. Daughter’s mutt duly attended and cared for too!

Noting The Q’s comments on garden signage supporting political parties, I have only spotted orange and red ones round here so far. In the US, it is either red or blue whereas here we seem to have many colours of a rainbow (no offence ChrisF) from which to choose. Still, I suppose that their erection gives the respective garden owners some warm glow of belief in a strange democracy where their views are the only ones that count - and therefore all not aligned with them are so inconsequential as to be rejected. Roll on Friday 13th December or whenever Westminster starts governing this country again (delete as appropriate).

As is normal, today is fresh fish day, take grandsons to golf and cribbage so a busy one for this cynical old plodder which will be further compounded by the throbber and a need to take SWMBO’s car to have its exhaust checked. Hope your day is better than that for one poor koala!

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, bbishop said:

Dave, changing the subject entirely, does anyone do a 4mm kit of the Midland Railway D397 horsebox?

Bill

Bill, your dodgy finger has clearly caused you to forget The Awl’s presence. I hope you suffer no wrath as a consequence. (enter saintly / smiley / friendly emojis here)

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Yet again it’s a morning where we have some liquid sunshine, but thankfully it isn’t heavy. Breakfast and the first of today’s eye drops have been administered, just another 7 to go, however on Sunday, that will change to just 3 a day!

WE will soon be setting off to complete the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, you’ll note the WE but, as Sheila is accompanying me as on Friday, when she accompanied me to the Trafford Centre we didn’t manage to buy birthday cards for Evie and Max! Later on, Sheila is going out for dinner with some of her friends, so will probably be out for most of the afternoon, I’m sure I’ll find something to occupy myself while I’m home alone!

Enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1