The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

20 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Heating..wot heating?? Mick only big softy Lancastrians turn their heating on...we can gain heat via our next door neighbours non insulated dividing wall.:taunt:

Baz

There was a young lad from Essex,

Who bought his first pad down in Wessex.

He avoided some fees

Preferring to freeze

......And thawing out down the pub chatting up the barmaid.

And also looking quite smug knowing that there was no council rates payable if the small amount of furniture classed the place as uninhabitable.

Beat that Yorkshire. :D

• Like 3
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, AndyB said:

There was a young lad from Essex,

Who bought his first pad down in Wessex.

He avoided some fees

Preferring to freeze

......And thawing out down the pub chatting up the barmaid.

And also looking quite smug knowing that there was no council rates payable if the small amount of furniture classed the place as uninhabitable.

Beat that Yorkshire. :D

Freeze? In Wessex??? You are having a giraffe old son. Tha doesn't get a thin wind darn there...

And, as I keep saying Us Yackers are more careful with money than Yorkies..which is why I have been here on missionary work for over 30 years.:devil:

Baz

Ps and I bet you only use tea bags once......

• Funny 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 5 C said:

Morning all.

The big question for today is will this be my last day of freedom before returning to work after nearly two years of rest?

A nice, local, five month contract accidentally found me just before Christmas and the recruiter gave me a start date of of this Monday. Late yesterday I had a message from my new team saying they were expecting me tomorrow (Friday). It's not really a problem as I'm ready to go and had no plans for Friday anyway. 

Just in case I don't get a Friday, on Saturday I shall be visiting the St.Evenage show and hope to finalise arrangements to meet up with a friend there. We were thinking about lunch outside the venue. Does anyone have recommendations? I know the Leisure Park opposite the venue has all the usual chain restaurant suspects and the old town is about 15minutes walk away, which is probably more our style.

Good Chinese restaurant on the (old town) High Street, and an Indian and a Turkish place.. lots of choice.. there are a number of pubs which do food as well or.. Tes & Co....

Baz

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Where's the "You jammy git," button?

Note he said tr***s, not tr**ns.

I  don't see what's jammy about playing trolls.

It usually requires an audience of (in your case SPT) smaller more mobile versions of self, lots of screaming and head butting.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 17