The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. ChrisF's comment about none return of photographs rang a bell. Many years ago I too submitted a photograph to a magazine together with an sae for its return, needless to say it was never returned. Then much to my annoyance they published my photograph again a few years ago. I contacted the then editor and he informed me that they only had an electronic version of the photo on file and was looking into it for me. The editor then suddenly passed away and thats where it ended. The magazine in question has had several changes of editor and at least one change of publisher since I submitted the photo so I imagine it is now lost.

3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

There are plenty of adults who should have that printed on their foreheads.

Jamie

1 hour ago, JohnDMJ said:

They still wouldn't read it.

Thats if they can read.

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Gold

Whereabouts is Pekakariki, Baz? Are you heading towards Rotarua?

KZ wears a bit of a smug mug (an “in” photo joke) this morning as his two entries into the photographic panel competition finished in the top quartile with the one related to unmentionables being placed 11th but the saxophones managed a perfect 10, even if there were three tens more perfect than mine! Given this is only the second photographic competition I have ever entered and that there are some very good people in the Hitchin club, I am, as the ardent follower of steam powered items exclaimed, “chuffed” and worship the ground that the eminently qualified judge walks upon. Well, I would, wouldn’t I.

The weather here is carp, wet, dull and not inspiring at all. The lawn could do with a trim but it’s too wet. A bush could do with the same but we are not talking bikini lines here, despite what you may have imagined on first reading that. A visit to that paradise of food retailing partners will take place after SWMBO has had her Barnet done, no doubt at the cost of a decent sound decoder but heh, ho - I am too timid to bring that up. If the garage is warm enough, I may sally forth and bury myself under some horizontal pieces of 9mm plywood that are braced by 12mm side and cross members. I have a gremlin to find and finally slay. 

Be good or be careful (yes GDB) and best wishes to all celebrating something - even if that is just getting past the gatekeepers of officialdom!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well yesterday’s sunshine didn’t last long as it’s now back to some wet falling down from the sky. Breakfast has been consumed and shortly I’ll set off to complete the shopping that is the Trafford Centre Grand Prix, as I’m going alone, it shouldn’t take long. On my way home I’ll call in at the butchers and pick up the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for dinner. After that I’m not sure what’s on the agenda last week’s proposed visit to Waitrose was cancelled and was muted for this afternoon, but I suspect Sheila will postpone again, but I’m sure I’ll find something to do if it is. 

Enjoy the day, back later 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Wet and windy

I really got off on one this morning the bin lorry arrived and they took 6 bins out from the bin area to empty, deep joy.:jester:

Not much happening today my Babe will be here later for a TV film and popcorn. :spiteful:

Better get on there's a flat that needs cleaning a bomb has hit the place with the new boxed kitchen stacked everywhere.:heat: 

Enjoy the Weekend and the bin lorries :superman: F. Lash-cleena :biggrin_mini2:

• Like 14
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Mornin' (will soon be afternoon) folks.

Just so you don't get the idea that i'm being idle.....

Been awake between 03:30 - 05:30, at work from 07:00 and still busy.

CUL8R

So you've been asleep since 05:30.....

Afternoon awl,

Major system finished and handed back,

Broken major system appears to have been fixed by the boss and is running Cross checks..

I've two more major systems and a lot of current shunts to do next week..

It's chuckinitdarn here and weather radar appears to say it will get worse..

MRC tonight, it looks like I'll be paddling to get there.

Now what do I do for the last 50 minutes..

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Afternoon, Very wet and windy outside, non stop rain all morning and still throwing  it down.

Food supplies obtained this morning,  my 8 week old grandson and his parents are arriving tomorrow for a four day stay but we seem to have purchased enough supplies for 10 days at least!

I have endured a clean up of the house of epic proportions just short of re decorating every room! Things are not in the same place anymore it seems. Thankfully it has not included the shed!

Like Tony I am not fussed over adverts on here, yet I do wonder how the system works , no interest in buying a boat and never expressed one yet had an ad the other day for ship supplies? 

Oh well as I dare not touch anything indoors its off to the shed to make a mess!

Enjoy the day

Alan

• Like 19