The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, TheQ said:

...snip...Third measurement 0.9999968V exactly the same as 2 months ago... That'll be a pass then..

First, a rare early Good Morning owl from a relatively wet Piedmont.

Second, what would the result be if the reading was 0.9999967V? :biggrin_mini: :biggrin_mini: :wacko: :biggrin_mini:

• Funny 17

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

First, a rare early Good Morning owl from a relatively wet Piedmont.

Second, what would the result be if the reading was 0.9999967V? :biggrin_mini: :biggrin_mini: :wacko: :biggrin_mini:

It would be 7% of our allowed error,

A 1.6 PPM error would be a fail, that would be 0.9999952mV ish

I would then Have to Investigate Why it failed and discuss with the Boss whether anything calibrated by that system would have to be recalled from the customer for recalibration..

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 18

Greetings all from LBG, where it is thinking about raining.

I never really think of the Oval as Sidcup. I have lived there nearly more than 20 years, and only been through it a handful of occasions. I guess that comes from living on the other side of the railway near the High Street and before that half way to Foots Cray. And spending most of my time commuting.

We didn't visit too many brewhouses or pubs on our West Coast tour. We had a nice time in a place in Seattle when we saw my brother in law and his family (including 6 month old). He and I drank a flight of thirds before picking our faves and settling on those. I also had good beer in Fort Bragg (California) at a place that brewed their own beer. In both cases, excellent food accompanied the beers. I can't remember the Seattle place, but the Fort Bragg one was the North Coast Brewery.

Baz, does the fox & Newt on Burley Road still brew its own beers? Old Willow was an excellent pint 30+ years ago, and they used to get guest pints in too, which is where I had my first ever Timmy Taylors' beers; Landlord, Ram Jam, and the long lost Porter, which was the best of the lot.

• Like 14

19 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

In the US these are chiefly "root beer floats" made famous in the A&W chain of fast food restaurants. 

Always tastes like Euthymol toothpaste to me.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Abel said:

Phil, c'mon now, you answered your own question already :rtfm::butcher::triniti::)

Government at its finest!

Simple answer. Local Gvy budgets have to be used up in March. Our Police stations all seemed to have the painters arrive in March.

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Agree 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

To be slightly fair to Phil’s council, Spring seems quite early this year. Our plants are about a month ahead of where they would have been a couple of years ago.  Birds have been building nests which of course if present should have prevented any planned pruning happening. 
Tony

• Like 7
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Simple answer. Local Gvy budgets have to be used up in March. Our Police stations all seemed to have the painters arrive in March.

Jamie

Ours seems to be spending it on roadworks, and those speeding signs that show your speed. 

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, polybear said:

So Mrs. K will now be baby-sitting instead of going to the Ritz (which, let's face it, is over-rated and very over priced) .  The good news is that the money saved will more than fund your visit to A.P.

So where's the problem?  :)

Yeah, in my dreams, signed: a timid mouse!

“Oh, think twice, it’s another day for you and me in paradise” only it ain’t! It’s another chuffing day of chauffeuring herself to a friend’s, listening to a few hours of Sybil Fawlty-esque drivel and then chauffeuring the return route. My right side is giving me gyp and driving is definitely uncomfortable but hey ho, my comfort and convenience are clearly insignificant in the greater scheme of things. Do I want to seize this day? No, I bl@@dy well do not! Enjoy yours.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 13

7 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Meanwhile in Australia is seems the nation has run out of toilet paper if antisocial media memes are to be believed.  There has certainly been a large amount of panic buying ahead of a potential epidemic of Corona Virus.

But why toilet paper????? Of all the things COVID-19 does, which apparently isn't that many anyway, one thing it does NOT do is accelerate the lower alimentary canal ;)  

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/coles-shopper-told-to-use-socks-instead-as-toilet-paper-crisis-continues-c-729048

62ACACAE-79D2-472A-999C-6583C83531E4.jpeg

my local Woolies last night.

Better grab it while you can - it'll happen there too..

IMG_20200304_180120.jpg.3dcdf1511598ca17caa27e613f02ff47.jpg

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Informative/Useful 15