The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining, but there are a few clouds about and there is a slight possibility of rain today. So, now that breakfast has been consumed I’m going to attempt to carry on painting the bench, if the weather turns, I’ll decamp to the cellar and give the slats another coat of paint. After that, I’ll return to the workshop and continue working on the turntable. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

There is a pub just north of The Wash called The King of Prussia IIRC. this is just north of an RAF bombing range. A mutual friend of Dave Hunt and I was part of a team that had been dropping practice bombs from Tornados. After the exercise they went to the pub. The Landlord asked them to inspect the outside loo and there in the pan, was a 28lb practice bomb. Apparently  one squadron member had to buy a round.  So Boise usn't the only town to be bombed by it's own air force.

Jamie

One presumes the gentleman concerned put in for an immediate inter-service transfer to the Dropshorts Royal Regiment of Artillery.

• Funny 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

There is a slight hint of blue about the mainly overcast sky today. It is quite breezy. I haven’t been outside yet though.

Aditi is off out this afternoon for a blood test. She booked it after I reported that it all  seemed very safely done at mine on Wednesday. My GP’s receptionist telephoned yesterday afternoon to make a telephone appointment for a discussion with my GP about the results from Wednesday’s test. 

We had our shopping delivered yesterday. There were a couple of substitutions, nothing really odd, just Albert Bartlett potatoes instead of Waitrose. Aditi emailed Waitrose to say they had doubled up on a couple of items and offered to pay for them. They haven’t replied yet except for the automatic acknowledgment.

I started another slot car kit yesterday. I was struggling to adjust a tiny grub screw when I realised I was trying to insert the key into the slightly cupped end rather than the hex socketed end. I wore my modelling glasses after realising. 
Tony

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 4

4 hours ago, AndyID said:

This character showed up just as we were sitting down for dinner.

DSCN4892.JPG.910ab11dc7c10bdf68455dbbadd73047.JPG

I think it's most likely a young Bald Eagle or possibly a Golden Eagle. MrsID has posted it on the local FB page. Someone will be able to identify it correctly.

That doesn't look like an Eagles bill, looks more like a Red Tail to me.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

Morning, GDB are you allowed near an axe...……………………..? We still have wild and windy up here, but at least it's dry for the moment, did manage a wander round the perimeter of the village yesterday, if the wind drops we might go for a cycle ride later, not been on the bikes for a week and I need to get fitter to test out my new walking boots, once we are allowed back into the Glens again, I have an appointment with a Munroe.

Some muddling might take place later...…...toot, toot for now

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Just finishing tidying up the patio and a fodder run to do today. Been thinking about what to do with the 'wildlife corner' of the garden as when the old shed is removed it will become exposed. I will be cutting back the brambles but leave a few for the birds and I have an old wooden fence post that I will plant and grow some ivy on it, anything else will have to wait until the shed has gone.

7 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Not so, Boise City, OK was bombed in WW2 by a B-17:

100_9073.JPG.84d00250c463228ee82bd946e298ad8e.JPG

You can see the placement of the monument in the lower left of the photo:

100_9074.JPG.8d843d26ccf5addf19b6af334ef4f975.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boise_City,_Oklahoma

6 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

Ahah, but was it intentional though? Very interesting however.

There has been several unintentional bombings of the USA including this one:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1961_Goldsboro_B-52_crash

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

So every evening on tv we had to watch Heddlu although the rest of the time we were watching stuff in English.

Didn't you get fed up looking at Brian Rolley and Rob Gunstone?

I think the program you had to endure was Heddiw,  which means Today, whereas Heddlu are the Feds! 

• Agree 4
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold

The major printer manufacturers big earners aren’t the printers it is the consumables. Hence why independent reviews look at the refill cost and cost per page. I don’t have any inkjet printers at the moment. I may have just been unlucky with the non OEM cartridges I purchased in the past. I also think I may have been sold counterfeit “genuine” ones in the past. 

• Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

Ahah, but was it intentional though? Very interesting however.

Kind of intentional, the 17 was on a practice bombing mission. They flew off intending to drop bombs and they did. :(  Of course if they were flying over Germany at the time. it would not have mattered where they let loose. :biggrin_mini:

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Kind of intentional, the 17 was on a practice bombing mission. They flew off intending to drop bombs and they did. :(  Of course if they were flying over Germany at the time. it would not have mattered where they let loose. :biggrin_mini:

I think they rarely hit their targets anyway, it was only shear mass of bombs that achieved that.

• Like 5
  • Agree 9