The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

27 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

On the matter of coupling - NHN 10/10, HH 0/10.  When an engine is attached  to a loose coupled freight vehicle the freight vehicle coupling must be used.  The engine screw coupling must not be used.

Presumably because three-link couplings a much more able to withstand a shock load?

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, AndyID said:

Incidentally some of the wheels on the new(ish) finish mower were in a rather sad state. I've done some remedial work with the lathe but it could really use a new set of wheels. The mower is sold by John Deere although I'm pretty sure it's imported, possibly from Europe. One replacement wheel costs more than $100 !!!

I've found some alternative wheels on the interweby. Four for $93 although I will have to make some bushes for them (on my 1935 South Bend Lathe for which I paid the princely sum of  $60 :)  )

Now that is a steal . . .

• Like 9
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Just to mention wartime memories, I never knew my grandparents and three of them died before WW2.  However my mother, born in 1912, remembered her mother being reprimanded by the village bobby in Alston, for breaching the blackout.  This was terrible as my Grandad was the Methodist Minister and it was felt to be a very poor do for his wife to breach the regulations.

Jamie.

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 5

9 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

we intend to be in the garden later with kids and grandkids celebrating Gemma's 16th birthday and out Golden Wedding Anniversary.

Congratulations Bob and Mrs. GDB!

Birthday wishes to Gemma!

• Agree 18
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Congratulations to GDB and especially to Mrs GDB. 50 years and he's still alive.  I won't ask what happenned to the hair.  Hope you all have a great day and happy birthday to Gemma.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1