The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, bbishop said:

For Ian, and anyone else who is interested, Today's Railways Europe has been published.  Bill

Thanks Bill. I was just about ot look up their website to check.

So a trip into town this morning to get rid of the bottles etc in the recycling, pay in a cheque that Mum gave me for her shopping then Smiths.

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Good moaning.  Firstboff glad that Chrisf has checked in. As a youngster I used to wonder why my mother sounded so serious when she said that so and so had had a fall.  At that stage of my life, and for many years afterwards, if I fell, I just rolled over and got up.  I am starting to understand my mother's concern.

My wife beieves that you can have 2 falls after entering a seniors/nursing home and then it's just a short time unil you're gone.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 9

6 minutes ago, BR60103 said:

My wife believes that you can have 2 falls after entering a seniors/nursing home and then it's just a short time until you're gone.

That may be pretty accurate. In the last year there were a couple of people one octogenarian (my aunt) and an nonagenarian who fell. One (my aunt) is still with us. Both were very active and neither of them were in nursing homes.

• Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

11 minutes ago, BR60103 said:

My wife beieves that you can have 2 falls after entering a seniors/nursing home and then it's just a short time unil you're gone.

At what age does "Falling Over" become "Having a fall?"

• Like 7
  • Agree 7
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Florence Locomotive Works said:

Evening all,

Not much happened today, lunch was leftover tacos. Breakfast was a grilled cheese strangely enough. Tomorrow I graduate 8th grade, so that should be good. It’s a “drive through” graduation, and seems to be well planned.  The regulator valve still has yet to arrive, oh well. Been reading through my D.K. Clarke book for most of the afternoon, most enjoyable, though puzzling at times. 

Happy anniversary to Baz and best wishes to @TheQ,

Douglas

Can you explain 8th grade?  Age of people,  grading starts from when?

It's a very different system. To the UK,  which I don't fully understand.

When I was at school in the UK in primary school it was years 1 to 6, starting from the age 5 and secondary  years 1 to 6 finishing at 17 years old ish.  ( but you could leave school at 16).

It was raised to 15 in 1944, 16 in 1972, 17 in 2014 and 18 in 2015..

Since then many areas have introduced middle schools and sixth year and beyond colleges. And you are supposed to be in school or in training till the age of 18. How that all ties in with school year numbering I have no idea.. 

• Like 5
  • Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the explanation of the grade system.

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple Hare, 893 / 558

A poor nights sleep maybe 6 hours total over a 8 hour period, after the 12:02 wake up it was roughly an hour between following wake ups to get comfortable again..

On the way home yesterday some of  liquid tar on which the gravel thrown last year was melting again...

My left shoulder has eased a bit, helped by a liberal coating of ibuprofen gel. It was woken again by driving in... All those gear changes and turning the wheel..

Ben the alarm clock Collie, was too early again....by 46 seconds, He started getting out of bed a second or so before the countdown music started for the news..

One of the motorcaravans that was hiding in a field entrance is now more open about it, being parked outside a pub.. However there is 10 days to go... In a passing place on a narrow lane was a small grey car, windows steamed up, Beach wind break between it and the field, camping stove with frying pan on,  various bits of detritus on the ground. Me thinks there are too many people think it's July the 4th...

The first major system of the week has been completed I just have to analyse the cross check results shortly, the second system due to start today has been cancelled, as it's the last week of the company financial month and they want everything out of the door they can..

I will therefore today start on the back log of little bits and pieces, resistors and current shunts mostly..

But first to check the spam, I've already cancelled an invite to a virtual dinner during last night, someone in the USA doing a" send all "again..

Time to... go..

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It appears to be rather a nice morning. It is very quiet, slightly too early for the bin lorries so the loudest sounds so far are pigeons. 
Not a lot planned for today. 
Have a good day.

Tony

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Sunny here and already 20°C according to my phone app. It's forecast to reach low 30s.

There is talk of a walk at the moment as we didn't go yesterday.  Better get out before it gets too hot.

Apart from that it's a slow news day here,

Have a good one,

Bob.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Like yesterday, we were up a little later than planned but I guess we needed the rest. 

The sun is shining and the skies are blue, but there are a few white fluffy things dotted about. As I mentioned last night, today I’m going to remove all the limit switches and associated wiring from the turntable and make a start on fitting the bridge wiring connections. Time to get cracking. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2