RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well the sun shone all day and I spent several hours in the garden, it’s looking a bit tidier now and the green bin is almost full, it’s a good job it’s being emptied tomorrow! I also managed to give the fascia a rub down and a second coat of primer, I’m hoping to get a first top coat on sometime over the weekend. 

Simon great news, as for the walkers, I sometimes think the ‘smart phones’ are smarter than the people who use them! I think it should be mandatory that anyone who has been rescued, should give up at least 24 hours to work with the teams who do the rescuing. 

Goodnight all. 

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Simon G said:

Just watched the local news, and the Wasdale Mountain Rescue team has had 9 emergency call outs to rescue people on the fells since last Friday.  The majority of them were described as completely avoidable and could have been prevented if people took maps and a compass out with them, rather than relying on so called Smart technology.  People were described as setting out for England’s highest mountain as if it was a walk to Tesco.

Some tourists two days ago,  on a hire boat called the Coast Guard who called the life boat out.. 

Why,?  Because they couldn't find somewhere to moor up on the Norfolk broads,,  yep on a river,  you drive one way... You find moorings.. You drive the other way you find moorings... 

Edited by TheQ
  • Informative/Useful 10
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Should have sent it off after a 109! :biggrin_mini:

Here's a 109 for you

unnamed.jpg

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, Inner Temple hare,  856 / 535

Not a good night, 4.5 hours sleep followed by intermittent dozing on the sofa, but at least no noises from the plumbing..

Messenger note from the elder of my sisters, Dad's back in hospital, he had finished a course of anti biotics.... Then collapsed and is delirious, I suspect as does everyone else they weren't powerful enough or did not go on for long enough..

Effin clown problems in that town yesterday, that many wandering around the road, licking Ice creams  / eating chips etc and also using the traffic light controlled lights either side of the bridge, that the traffic tailed back reaching the junction one side and half a mile away, a parked car the other, therefore stopping cars transiting past both. That made the queues even longer. in excess of a mile in each direction....The slowness of the cars, of course, mean even more Effin clowns, try to take the short cut through the traffic... Unfortunately I have to go that way again tonight....

Oh I discovered who the strange name that contacted meis,  he's the "Vice President XXXXXX Engineering" I think that means senior manager. either way, quite what someone of many many grades above me, wants to talk about is a mystery..  he probably won't get the answers he expects, with me being that close to retirement...

Work today shall be gentle , a Reference set 2 of Current shunts, these live in a Pelican armored box. Not to be used by anyone.. They only come out when I retest them to keep their values on the spreadsheets up to date. They would only be used if someone broke one from Reference set 1. Needless to say I take my time making sure I get the correct values, as they may be needed anytime, Only one has ever been used so far, that will actually be going back in the box soon as the repaired Set one shunt had it's second of 3, one month interval re-measurements yesterday.  before going back into service.

Time I went and got started...

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning.

Great news Simon, pleased for you. :-)  I see the Ratty opened yesterday.

Hay fever off the clock, it is windy and warm.  Auntie Hystericals taken.

Bike club run today to 'The Sound', aka Lands End Manxie Stylee, Mrs H off for the day so will be attending also.  The 'young feller' of the group (early 40's!) has to work unfortunately, he's a TV/Film guy so WFH with all his techie stuff, he can usually work as and when he likes in the day but has a conference call right in the middle of the morning.  They're usually at a more inconvenient time for him as his clients tend to be overseas, and I don't mean the Irish Sea!  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Looks and FEELS like it could get a little warm today.:yahoo_mini:

YES, I can confirm, it is OT. Bloomin OT in fact. Went for my walk at about 7-30 and YES it woz OT.:good:

It may even get OTTER yet.:o

• Like 12
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

The sun is shining and the skies are blue, it’s currently 22C and expected to get even warmer later. I’ll set off for the butchers shortly to collect the weekly meat rations and a pastie for dinner. Then home to pack away the rations and make another muggertea before heading off to the Trafford Centre to get the few items we can’t get at Sainsbury’s as well as a few other items that Sheila wants me to pick up ‘whilst I’m there’. 

As for the rest of the day, there are no plans as such so I’m hoping to get a couple of hours on the laptop to finish the article I’m writing for the MERG journal. 

Stay sane, stay safe, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

The've made it illegal to do that.

It's called loitering within tent.

Groan  Button!!

• Agree 11
  • Round of applause 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is a very pleasant morning. Sunny, slight breeze, pigeons cooing. I may be required to drive down to the pharmacy. I won’t need to get out of the car. Then  we need to put some petrol in the Fiesta. Aditi is keen to try the Shell pay at pump phone app!

We still haven’t had breakfast, it will probably be waffles and fruit today. 
ChrisF mention of both gardening and camping in tents made me think of my nieces exploit last week. One of the Brownies lockdown activity suggestions was to camp out in the garden. I did wonder if Chris will try that!
Tony

• Like 3
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. As mentioned its going to be a hot one today. The clearing of the old shed will proceed at an appropriate pace, dead slow. Large items first and 'fitted' into the new shed to test for size/measuring up for shelves and brackets.

40 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

The've made it illegal to do that.

It's called loitering within tent.

image.png.765ea037f8c8c732eb5a65afa89fca85.png

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Hello from the far south east corner. Outside temperature slowly rising so think it might be necessary to turn on the bedroom aircon this evening if it gets to more than 26c indoors.

Am now on my fifth day of self-isolation on what would be my normal day for the Sainsbury's weekly shop. Did a mega-shop last Friday for non-perishable items and perishable items that can be put in the freezer so just need to get a few perishable items on a weekly basis.

Am very lucky that my nextdoor neighbour has offered to get what I need so texted her a list (grapes, bananas, cucumber, salad and deli spread) yesterday to which she responded "is that enough?" I assured her that it was.

The items requested have just been delivered together with some other items that she thinks I should have!! Normally I just buy what I want and very rarely impulse buy ...... says he nibbling away at a bag of salted popcorn - something that I have not had for ages.....

Keith 

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 5

Comfortably warm here, with light cloud to keep the right temperature, though with no wind, those great big fans on a distant hill aren't going round to keep us cool......................:haha:

Good news Simon, long may it continue.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Lovely day here sat waiting for district nurses to visit so hedge will have to wait a bit longer. The garden bin is full anyway another 2 weeks till it's emptied.

The local lockdown are getting  closer Kirklees now. We have got away with it fairly lightly so far thankfully. 

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, chrisf said:

I had a restless night last night.  During one of the wakeful spells I mused that I usually sleep very well in a tent with the aid of the sleeping bag and the airbed.  This, of course, had me longing for the campsite on the side of the hill at Bulverton, above Sidmouth, 210 miles away. 

Do you have a lawn in your garden, or even an area that could be flattened down?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 16