The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Another day and more progress has been made on the bathroom cabinet. That has had two top coats applied, the doors have had one top coat applied, so will need another before it’s all complete, I’ve also given the door knobs two coats of varnish, which I think will be enough. Once everything is done the plan is to leave it all for a few days to completely harden off before re-fitting it to the wall. I’ll re-fit the doors when the carcass is on the wall, it’ll also be a bit lighter too!

Goodnight all 

Brian 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The lender, one of Australia's major banks, has been notoriously difficult to get hold of from overseas.  They offer a 13xxxx phone number for contact which only operates within Australia and which cannot be reached even through international assistance.  I have trawled the intertubes and failed to locate a "proper" number (area code plus eight digits) I could call.  

When we first bought our motorhome we took an extended holiday in Florida. During this I needed to pay the gas company. I tried to phone the -800- free number but it only worked in Canada. There was no local number that I could call long distance.  I ended up calling my sister at work and she created a 3-way call.   My sister commented that when she set up the -800- number for their company, full North American access cost very little more  than limited.

• Informative/Useful 17

23 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Me thinks the good Dr ID needs to go to Specsavers, my locks are not receeding as far as I know. I get complaints from the distaff side if I don't get them trimmed every few weeks. 

Jamie

Well if it wasn’t you at the Brains Trust, it was someone who was as damn near identical as makes no difference.

Are you sure you don’t have a doppelgänger? A leftover, perhaps, from your days working with the “secret squirrels“?

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 10