Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

1 hour ago, J. S. Bach said:

When I worked for Broward County Transit, I did the monthly ridership report which my boss used for the basis for almost all of the reports that he prepared for others. I had created a somewhat different format that I had modified from his original template and he liked it. When I left on Thursday (the last day June that year), I had the report complete except for the late "strays" that usually showed up a day or two after the last day. Anyway, to cut to the chase, I stated to worry a bit about the June report; suddenly, when I woke up on Sunday, I realized that "Why am I worrying about it, it is no longer my yob!". It only took me two days! :yahoo_mini: Admittedly, I had no one else to consider though.

After i left my job in transport i often used to wake up worrying about deliveries that i had forgotten about even years since i left it happens 

• Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, simontaylor484 said:

After i left my job in transport i often used to wake up worrying about deliveries that i had forgotten about even years since i left it happens 

After I left my long term involvement in transport somebody invited me to start another job in transport with them, and not long after I'd left that somebody else invited me to start yet another  job involved with transport working for him.  Nobody offered me anything after I left that one. (unless you count writing about things to do with transport of the sort that runs on parallel strips of metal).

• Like 18

5 hours ago, BokStein said:

Sanity has prevailed! As you say, 10 days quarantine on arrival in Switzerland for a 14 day tour with a 15 day Swiss Pass (3 days of which are taken up with travel to and from Switzerland so the 15 day pass is only usable for 11 days!) then 14 days quarantine in the UK is extremely non-viable!

My usual habit has been to  travel out on day Swiss Pass - 1 and to travel back on day Swiss Pass + 1 thus spending the full 15 days of the Swiss Pass validity in Switzerland. OK, it costs me a single to and from the Swiss border and the hotel, but hey! (If it were possible to get from the final hotel to the border by 05:00, the Swiss Pass would cover the fare!)

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium

Been chuckinitdarn all day here. Daft people are out running in it.. in very wet running gear...

When I lefy my last full time job I switched off thinking about it due to a generous donation from them in breaking employment law...i was asked to go back..once.. for some reason I said no...

Poached salmon for tea to be cooked by me as her indoors has been making the Christmas Cake.. it smells lovely...

Baz

• Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Northroader said:

She presented on children’s TV!!??? Cof, cof, splutter!!

Yep.. 

b2c1eda1c954f2be765fdcb7d941feeb.jpg

• Like 14

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, polybear said:

I've picked the last of the tomatoes -unfortunately they're still green :( - I'm told that wrapping them in newspaper and storing them in a cardboard box tends to make them turn red.  Not sure if they need to be individually wrapped though?

Our green tomatoes were put on a tray on a sunny window ledge in the kitchen. Aditi put a banana in the tray. The green tomatoes have gone orange (they are an orange rather than red variety). I noticed the banana disappeared. Aditi said she ate it. She claims that the ethylene released by the banana as it ripens triggers the process in the tomatoes. Doesn’t seem to work on the figs that are also in the tray. 

• Like 9
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The rain has finally arrived and now its bucketing down. I have spent the last five C*********'s on my own but I prefer it that way, no arguments over the TV control (not that I watch much C*******s TV if at all), and I can please myself what I do and when I do it. I'm not a great lover of turkey and each year I like to ring the changes. Last years C*******s dinner was wild caught salmon grilled. This year I'm thinking of a venison steak, if I can get it. Now to get on with today's dinner, be back later.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 16

Looking forward to the next few days.

Managed to fix the coach lighting yesterday.  A simple fix - bend the contact wire a little more round the wheel.  No more derailments, no risk of having to take it all apart, res-older here and there and pretty much start again.

Currently at work, but it's a Saturday so easy street.

Tomorrow I have roast lamb with some of the fam.

Then two further days off!

Only downside is that I think the adaptor for my headphones is still in the car, so means I can't catch up on YouTube for the rest of the shift :/

NO IT ISN'T!

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Like 15
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Good evening everyone 

The visit to the Trafford Centre was as usual uneventful, but there are still some people who don’t know how to wear a mask. I mean, it isn’t rocket science is it?

....snip

I was watching the opening of the F1 highlights earlier and noticed that they are still using masks which fall off the nose... Little things like this cannot possibly encourage others to wear masks.  It is no good having team colours if the things do not work properly.

• Like 8
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, PhilJ W said:

I have spent the last five C*********'s on my own but I prefer it that way, no arguments over the TV control (not that I watch much C*******s TV if at all), and I can please myself what I do and when I do it. I'm not a great lover of turkey and each year I like to ring the changes. Last years C*******s dinner was wild caught salmon grilled. This year I'm thinking of a venison steak, if I can get it. Now to get on with today's dinner, be back later.

There's a medium chance that Bear's x**s could be like that this year too.  There's been several (quite a lot, actually) where Bear's din dins has been a serious pizza, with additions.  There's no way I'm missing out on roast spuds etc. :nono:

I usually spend the day with the OH + adult (?) daughter (though to be honest I'd rather be at home) and usually b****g day too - though for whatever reason the daughter becomes a right argumentative ***** and the day is spent watching OH + daughter at each other's throats.  I keep well out of it, though last year it was so bad I was within an ace of getting the hell out of it.  If I do end up there this year I most certainly won't be sitting thru' that cr@p again, should there be a rematch.  Can I wish for a lockdown?

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

On 23/10/2020 at 08:12, Ian Abel said:

If I have to spend another 4 years listening to that incompetent lying orange sack-of-sh!t, my wine bill will go through the roof!

You have a way with words, Ian:o.  We couldn't watch another hour of that nonsense although in review, old Joe held his own, even better.  What a situation, two old men trying to run a country!:fie:

Brian.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 7

22 minutes ago, brianusa said:

You have a way with words, Ian:o.  We couldn't watch another hour of that nonsense although in review, old Joe held his own, even better.  What a situation, two old men trying to run a country!:fie:

Brian.

Without wishing to become political surely out of the population of the US why 2 old men are going for the job is there no one young and charismatic in American politics any more

• Like 6
  • Agree 6

We have a large maple tree across the street from us. There’s a bit of a wind today, and ‘helicopter’ seeds are coming down, dozens at a time.

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Just finished watching the Wales v France match.

The best team won and scored some really good tries.

Wales would have done better if Pivac had insisted on taking Dan Biggar off at half time and replacing him with Rhys Patchell.

Putting Patchell on with just over five minutes to go was like trying to stem an arterial bleed with an elastoplast.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5