The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear has just received his new SDS Drill - just in time as I have jobs needing it's attention :D

Only the Bozo's have sent a 115v version instead of a 240v jobbie..... :banghead:

Now I'm just waiting for them to tell me they can't send a replacement without first receiving the old one back...:angry:

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

A consolation thought Mr Bear get a plaster mixing paddle to fit your new drill for industrial scale cake making 

You're singin' this Bears' song.....

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hey ho!

Her indooors used the "free" digital thermometer today.. the App didn't like what it said...but it just proves that she really is cold blooded!:jester:

Hopefully everyone with hospital appointments have had a good day today..

Baz

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Greetings all from the fold in the side of the hill. It’s cold here but I think the rain from earlier has gone.

best wishes to Tony; I hope his hospital stay is as brief as intended.

we are in the middle of year end so work is hectic. It seems to be going better than last year in terms of getting all the info to the auditors so hopefully they will not be too much of a pain and we actually sign everything on time.

have a good evening all

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I am afraid to say that I may be absent from ER for quite some time, probably a number of years. It depends on what happens at the trial tomorrow. I have been accused of drowning 45 people in a vat of rice crispies over a period of 10 years.

The police have said that I am Switzerland’s worst ever cereal killer!

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

Evening all, quiet day, nipped SWMBO to Montrose to return Library books she took out in March, she just put them on a table by the door, I didn't get out of the car, then back home and lit the fire,cold out and there's a dusting of snow on the bigger hills.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

I am afraid to say that I may be absent from ER for quite some time, probably a number of years. It depends on what happens at the trial tomorrow. I have been accused of drowning 45 people in a vat of rice crispies over a period of 10 years.

So your career in ER is now just toast. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

19 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

So your career in ER is now just toast. 

Oh, I don’t know. I reckon I’ve got enough bread to afford the lawyers to get me off the charges.

No matter how you slice it, it’s a trumped up charge. As far as I’m concerned there’s muffin to see..

When my lawyers get me off, and they will, I will not loaf around but get stuck back in to ER

Edited by iL Dottore
  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

Oh, I don’t know. I reckon I’ve got enough bread to afford the lawyers to get me off the charges.

No matter how you slice it, it’s a trumped up charge. As far as I’m concerned there’s muffin to see..

When my lawyers get me off, and they will, I will not loaf around but get stuck back in to ER

You could always revert to porridge! (Stir it well!)

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 5

21 hours ago, figworthy said:

My reaction is to dial 1572, add the number to my personal blacklist and then ring back the guilty number to tell it how displeased I am to receive silent calls

Th fact that you called back tells them they have an active number which will be passed around ad infinitem.  Its best to ignore the call!

Brian

• Agree 15

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Many moons ago I was at a Halloween thingy at our local. One chap was dressed as a large cereal box dripping with blood and a knife sticking out of him. 

• Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear just had a result :D

Just played the usual car insurance comparison site ritual, then phoned the AA to politely tell them to poke their renewal.  They wanted a chance to "see if we can do better", so gave 'em a chance anyway.  Their renewal price of £326 came down (after an interim first-step price) to £239.  Ok, says Bear, that'll do.  Just goes to show how much they were taking the p1ss the first time....

Similar experience this end a few days ago, though as I'd found a better deal at two-thirds the price and time's short, I had already placed the business elsewhere. Memo to management: don't b*gger your customers about or they'll walk. (There, that will save you a fortune in consultants' fees on how to increase your market share, maybe you could pass those savings on to customers ...  :nono: ... silly bunny...) 

• Like 15
  • Agree 1

Just started watching the Yorkshire Haunting and can't stop laughing a so called demon in upstate New York told them to Pontefract. 

Can't stop laughing fffing pathetic hammy acting at least they have mentioned the civil war battle of Chequerfield. 

Tell you if they got Micky Corbetts Mrs out they would soil themselves

Edited by simontaylor484
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium

I don’t routinely follow such things but the Ian Visits Facebook page has alerted its followers to the creation of a purple corridor at short notice this evening. 

It appears HM is to be helicoptered from Windsor to Sandringham at very short notice.  We know DoE has been there for a while now. 

Eyes on the news. It may not be good. 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 16