The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

37 minutes ago, Barry O said:

When we flew into Melbourne a few years ago the Mercedes mechanics and support team were in the queue for imigration and customs. They all had nicely pressed mercedes benz logo shirts in. All of their cases were locked so couldn't be inspected... the keys were with the chef d'eqip who had already gone through cistoms and imigration... then the lock cutters arrived....

Baz

Nothing quite like a determined Customs official armed with a big pair of loppers.

Wonder who paid for the replacement locks. Be interesting to read the expenses claim.

• Like 1
  • Agree 10

Greetings all from a cold but dry Fold in the side of the hill. There was frost earlier and it was noticeably colder outside when we went for our walk earlier.

today sees me cook a family fave for tea, my version of a paella - although purists would be up in arms at my use of chorizo. Later on I will attempt some tapas dishes to keep us going until 2021 arrives. Surely next year will be better but it may get tougher first; hang on in there!

Health and happiness to all for 2021

• Like 16

Well to use that well known phrase 'Houston I think we have a problem'. 

Well when I say 'we' I'm not referring to those good Norther folk who are used to such trivals but rather those soft southeners - BBC types particularly, who go to pieces when confronted by more than several flakes of the white stuff, no not milk.

Followers of this esteemed column will no doubt recall my previous posting about the snow sticking. Well I have to report that it is still sticking, abet in much smaller quantity.

So dear readers prepare for reports of traffic becoming bogged down, flights- what there are- being grounded and other similar reports of the end of civilization as we know. We northern types will just get on with it as normal, leaving the panicing to the soft southeners.

Have a nice day.:laugh_mini:

• Like 5
  • Funny 13

7 hours ago, TheQ said:

That's because the former foundry on that site made many of the fire hydrants around New York..

I can remember the old works being knocked down and the new Stadium being built. Intermittently that is, I was with SWMBO visiting her relatives in the area.

It was Guest and Chrimes who started as brass founders .

It is also close to CF Booth at Armer Street where many a loco has met its fate

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Premium

been a busy bee getting what was left of the gammon into cubes for use later. Then adding items to my Ebay sales area.

Yes Mike, whoever thought that one up must be on something (and it isn't planet earth)  I wonder if someone setting this up could be counted as a mass murderer? 

Still freezing here... the birds have been attacking the bird feeders with renewed vigour today. I did spot our Jenny Wren this lunchtime.

I have obtained a new piece of coal and silver for tonight's "first foot" process. The ones from last year are off for use elsewhere.. good riddance..

I note that Doris has a family member who not only flaunts travel regs but is leaving the UK passport group permanently.. if only some others had the opportunity to do so.. just fancy being somewhere a tad warmer at the moment!

Baz

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

Due to the snow on the ground and tbe increase in light it gavelast night we saw 3 foxes in the allotments behind our house. We had only seen one previously

We don’t have any snow on the ground but it was really quite chilly last night. Last night’s recycling wasn’t the sort to attract the local foxes but as I opened the curtains this morning, a heron flew close to the window. Perhaps the marshes were frozen and it was looking for fishponds. 

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

Tch.  Directed to spend day cupboard rebuilding, or at least shelf adjustment, content re-allocating and all that stuff..... as if I don't have enough modelling to do.....

We used to celebrate New Year in full Scots mode, but nowadays it is bed at the usual time, to be woken by the cock on the corner (difficult on a circle...hmm....the cock second from the gap!) setting off fireworks.  Tw@. His other half is a copper too, he should know better.

• Friendly/supportive 19

• RMweb Premium

Same here in North Norfolk, lots of covidiots choosing to visit the coast. Cromer has put out messages that the pier is closed and not to visit the town..

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 18