RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Morning all, and belated many happy returns to Chris.

And a thank you to Baz for setting up yesterday's zoom. I had to dip out  y about 16.45 as the intermittent connectivity I have was only letting me hear occasional bits and bobs. 

Yesterday afternoon saw me get the sweet peas underway with a plan to put them on in a couple of weeks time to root trainers. Thereafter into containers as growing them in the borders last year adjacent to the youngest's football "pitch" wasn't a success!

So. Where will the containers go?

In the front garden...but that apparently means part of the lawn will have to come up....and be gravelled...and instructions are that the gravel should cover about 1/3 if the garden.....how did me popping sweet pea seeds in yesterday morph into landscaping work by breakfast time this morning?

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

Hello from a cloudy and damp North Somerset. At least the winds have died down. 

I love lemon curd, but I wouldn't dream of buying it. Not when the recipe to make it is so simple - just lemon, eggs, butter and sugar basically, with varying amounts of vanilla if you like that sort of thing. 

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/24336/easy-lemon-curd.aspx

I see that the Prince Of Wales (the human one - not the loco under construction) has upset the hoi-polloi by driving to see his Dad in hospital, when many ordinary folk have not been allowed this privilege. I wonder if the family thought this through, as it is not going to boost their popularity ratings when some folk in previous lockdowns were not allowed to attend their own parents' funerals, let alone say goodbye while they were still alive. 

Edited by jonny777
  • Informative/Useful 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Ey up!

Did not sleep well as I had cramps/spasms in my legs on and off. Pah!

Of course a network of ER "posting agents" could allow items to be procured then sent on to other ERs... just thinking...

@iL Dottore i don't think trying to mail our local butchers sausage (including dragon ones) or black pudding would work...sorry!

I have been informed that today will be a "makedoandmend" day. I may just down load a new phone ring tone..  now should it be an L60 (Chieftain) or a CV12 (Challenger)? That may bring a smile to me when the phone "rings".

Technology can be wonderful..but I am saddened by reading the "look at me I have reinvented the wheel" seen in many technology magazines...

G

Have a great day! Positive thoughts to all!

Baz

B

Morning All. First off apologies to Baz and all other ER's for not attending the Zoomerphon. I have never been one for meet ups, even electronic ones, but from the sound of it everyone seemed to have had a good time.

Anyway why am I posting, apart from the above of course. Well I seem to recall reading somewhere of a statement about technology namely that most of the significant discoveries in the various sciences have now occurred i.e atomic power, electricity, flight, genetics - you get the drift and that we are now entering a time where it is the application of them in the various fields of science etc that is know occurring.

So on that note I will leave you to get some brekkies.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, jamie92208 said:

Flavio, remiss of me, I forgot to mention home made lemon curd. Beth also makes her own and it's very good. Unfortunately  It is locked away as it is her emergency stache in case of a hypo. As such, I am forbidden from eating it.. Pah and double Pah.

I'm not sure if the recipe  is the same as above, but I am sure that I could obtain it and transmit it to the Alpine redoubt for a suiitable and exhorbitant consulting fee of course.

Jamie

Could she not make another batch so that you could have some as well?

Orange curd is also very nice and bitter (Seville) oranges in season.

• Like 13
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

Afternoon all, been doing a bit of the "G" word this morning, weather is almost spring like, surveying the damage done by rabbits, whose tracks I saw in the snow, winter cabbages almost all gone and a shrub has been pruned back, not too bad, but there may be a wabbit pie or some thumper burgers on the menu in the none too distant future if the wee bu**ers come back in daylight.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

Good afternoon everyone 

Once again I'm late on parade today, but I've not been idle. When I replaced the filler around with back bedroom window, I had to remove the window blind. Apparently, when I refitted it, I crossed the cord used to open and close the blind. So that was put right, it was also time to change the filter on the water jug, so that's also been done. 

I'm now about to start the lunking piece to join the turntable to my test track. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian 

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

clearly my Zoom appearance needs some thought about lighting although erhaps being shadowy is not such a bad idea?  Problem is that the 'puter sits in a corner and all the light is either behind me or at an oblique angle and both power sockets at this end of the room are in use for 'putery things although there might be a spare space on one of the adaptors.  but that's just a first world problem so hardly a major concern.

Mike , you could look at one of these , I have one as my puter is similarly

located , very handy in the evenings to light the keyboard and reduce spelling

errors . Having a flexible stalk means you can aim the light where needed .

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291947591360?var=590937498863&chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=590937498863_291947591360&targetid=1139674279667&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9045659&poi=&campaignid=12128858326&mkgroupid=122515169451&rlsatarget=aud-629407026705:pla-1139674279667&abcId=9300480&merchantid=113403285&gclid=Cj0KCQiApsiBBhCKARIsAN8o_4iS1whsIhWuU_8fGrWDMzKn9QMzp7VY0GGZ51tFxCOkhIyJ18nYeykaAueDEALw_wcB

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

clearly my Zoom appearance needs some thought about lighting although erhaps being shadowy is not such a bad idea?

When you first appeared your face was right in front of the loco and I thought you were auditioning for Thomas the Tank engine or you were using one of those clever video filters.

• Like 2
  • Funny 17

4 hours ago, AndyB said:

Morning all, and belated many happy returns to Chris.

And a thank you to Baz for setting up yesterday's zoom. I had to dip out  y about 16.45 as the intermittent connectivity I have was only letting me hear occasional bits and bobs. 

Yesterday afternoon saw me get the sweet peas underway with a plan to put them on in a couple of weeks time to root trainers. Thereafter into containers as growing them in the borders last year adjacent to the youngest's football "pitch" wasn't a success!

So. Where will the containers go?

In the front garden...but that apparently means part of the lawn will have to come up....and be gravelled...and instructions are that the gravel should cover about 1/3 if the garden.....how did me popping sweet pea seeds in yesterday morph into landscaping work by breakfast time this morning?

Sweet peas are very thirsty so if you do put them in containers make certain they have plenty of leg room and that you put a good dollop of home made compost at the bottom of the container. I'd use something like a half barrel  and train them up canes rather than troughs as certainly the retail ones are far to shallow.

Edited by Winslow Boy
Peas not pies
  • Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 1