Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

16 minutes ago, sixoh8sixoh said:

And good news on checking my email, I’ve won the lottery*!

* well, £5 and a lucky dip, but hey, I’ll take any win...

Ditto! :yahoo:At least I got my stake back!

• Like 14
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, trisonic said:

I bet not many people here have heard of Harold Hill.................

Best, Pete.

Harold Hill, Harold Wood, Harold Park. Been there. Escaped unscathed ;) 

Harold Hill definitely isn’t the best area.  Even the Great Eastern Railway avoided it in favour of Harold Wood. 

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, 5 C said:

Seeing signs for Harold Hill when driving along the A12 to Romford, for me always conjured up images of some East End villain.

Harold Hill has a very high proportion of self employed persons. 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear doesn't drink either; when I finished my apprenticeship and joined the Trials Dept.  (= lots of Jollies, Hotels etc etc) and mentioned I didn't drink, one of the guys responded with "Well, you can't be a Trials Engineer if you don't drink....".  Then another said "Hang on lads....he can drive....".  Sorted.

Rang a bell.  As a student and 'tea-total' but much preferring chocolate to drink with a van it was perhaps not so surprising that many invites were received where it was apparent that booze would be consumed.  As a one time SU secretary I could often predict when an invitation would come.

NHN comment some days ago about NHS waste because of contracts with 'companies' rather than on actual costs.  Maybe the same happens with the military as waste seems to have become considerably worse since civilians became responsible for ordering and therefore paying attention to cost rather than suitability for purpose ... just a thought. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 6

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I hope all goes well for Elise and Dom with their new addition to the family. Woke up again this morning with stiff joints but nothing was hurting and they all soon freed up. This has only happened since I had my jab, has anyone experienced anything similar?

13 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Harold Hill, Harold Wood, Harold Park. Been there. Escaped unscathed ;) 

Harold Hill definitely isn’t the best area.  Even the Great Eastern Railway avoided it in favour of Harold Wood. 

At the time the railway was built Harold Hill was partly a country estate and partly agricultural. When the line was built even Romford station was on the edge of the built up area. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 10

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

I got £5.10 from the Euro Millions on Friday, it must be ER's lucky week.:good::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I haven't checked mine yet but I do know its not the £180 million on the Euro lottery.:cry:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 10

Morning all

Getting bored of this cloudy cold weather now.  Been like it for days.

Todays investigations need to be for car seats.

Didn't realise it was so complicated!  Seems not many seats use the ISOfix in both forward and rear facing.  Those that do seem to have a compromise on safety. We want one that can be rear facing for as long as possible so looks like that's where the ISOfix will be needed most as forward facing will have the usual seatbelt.

I should think a trip to Halfords for them to explain what's what will be in order.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Late on parade today due to having a bit of a lie in, well it is Sunday after all. Very sunny but cool, but it's not stopped me from leaving the workshop door open. 

I'm about to start working on the adjustable back plates for the opto-interruptors. 

Dom. I hope all goes well for you and Elise. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian 

• Like 14