The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, trisonic said:

I grew up in Shenfield. Moved when I was five from Islington. I missed my Nana dangling me over a bridge to watch Mallard go past. It must have been a busy engine as it always passed by when we were there. Instead I grew to love Britannia.

Actually Shenfield and Brentwood were pretty hip in the sixties. We had three places for  bands. I particularly remember seeing Spooky Tooth in the hall used by the Ursuline High School for girls. The girls were the best looking in the area. That was just before Spooky released their first album - I was impressed by them. The Gun - were the loudest! The Small Faces the most expensive at 15 bob! 

In Chelmsford I saw Fleetwood Mac jamming with The Nashville Teens (Fleet wood Mac were supposed to be playing a gig in Witham)... John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers were always at the Corn Exchange. Best band in Chelmsford were Focus, great fun.  I had to drive to Epping to see Free at a Pub and got soaked by Paul Kossoff's sweat - he was a very sweaty kid. This was just before "Alright Now" was released and they played two different versions of it;  all four of them squashed together on an 8 foot square stage.  Best gig ever, what a band!  Plus I could be in London in 25 minutes on the train.  Three quarters of our school were in London (although I had left by then and was working with one of my musical heroes) to see Blind Faith. Pete.

That list of bands brings back memories for me Pete. Having grown up in a small village in the Yorkshire Dales, I came to London for what would no be called a gap year in 1971. I did see The Strawbs at Fairfield Halls, then in the summer one Saturday went to a free concert in Hyde Park and saw, Heads Hands and Feet, Humble Pie and the Grand Funk Railroad, my mate and I moved on to Dagenham and in the back room of a pub saw Wishbone Ash, tiny venue but a great gig. I seem to remember  a white Fender Flying Arrow. Then the last tube back to Hounslow West.  Happy Days.

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 18

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Well thats the bread pudding finished, the last piece with a muggatee this evening. No use-by-date lottery either for dinner, poached salmon. I can take my pick for the next couple of days as well. Now back to tackling Farcebook.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, polybear said:

Perhaps supporters of The Orange One will be turning such tokens down, for fear of compromising their principles.  Thought not.....:laugh:

Bear had a fairly unproductive day :( - a bit more painting done (part of the door frame, also the washing machine supply pipe) and tomorrow should see them finished.  Also the verticals marked in the correct places (hopefully!) for applying the lining paper, courtesy of a plumb bob & line.  Apart from that, not a great deal.  Must get my little furry ar5e moving tomorrow - clock's ticking....

In other news:

Bear noted with interest that Gwyneth Paltrow has kindly shared her undoubted expertise and wisdom regarding the treatment of Long Covid, apparently being a sufferer.  Such treatment involves the use of various obscure and expensive alternative remedies; fortunately her very own website and company just happens to sell them.  How thoughtful :angry:

Isn't it lucky then that as you haven't got long covid Mr Bear you're be spared the cost of purchasing any of the costly...........  . So more pennies for LDC.

• Funny 11

Evening All,

Congratulations to Dom and Elise I hope the little one doesn’t give you too many sleepless nights.

Not been on here too much today so hope all is well with everyone.

Walk with mil and gardening then a couple of films but before films an emergency meeting of the wheel tappers and shunters  club. 
Fusion dining, Chinese stir fry, popadoms and Italian beer. 
Goodnight Robert

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, chrisf said:

One thing I will not be doing is watching Harry and Meghan's interview. 

I recorded the two Dave Allen compilation programs on Saturday night.

I’m sure they will be much more interesting and entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Agree 14
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

I too won't be watching the interview, My comments on the clips shown on the news..

Megan claims to have her keys taken off of her... What keys? she has no property in the UK, no car. The Security guards of palaces have external keys in the guard room.. Internal Rooms are locked from the inside, with the resident key. She had no keys to be taken off of her.. 

She claims to have had her license taken off of her.. Well it was no longer valid past the grace period. As a British Citizen her US driving license would have to be changed to a UK one..

• Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7