RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Our string of summer-like weather was indeed broken by the forecast rain arriving yesterday. The amount of rain forecast declined with every day last week and there was much less of it than originally projected, but I imagine the garden was pleased.

Spring-like weather today but it feels strange. Last weekend's 30°C is now a memory. A little cool at 13°C or so and despite more rain forecast for the afternoon, the sun is shining brightly, amid dark clouds.

Golf is on, but the alternate ball, team format is not compelling, despite a pair of Australians sharing the lead at the turn and now in the lead on the back nine.

Am feeling the pandemic ennui with no data yet indicating a decline in daily new case rate statewide.

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 13

3 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Evening all from Estuary-Land. I've ordered a new remote for the TV set. Luckily brand new replacements are still available. The on/off switch didn't work unless you pressed it on the side and some of the other buttons are a bit 'soggy'. The set is now seven years old so I was quite pleased to find that replacement hand sets are still available.

Strangely enough i had to do the same this week I used remotes2u based in Doncaster, type in the model of your telly and hey presto it brings up a list of either original equipment or lookalikes i ordered 2 pm on line Tuesday it arrived Wednesday. 

I have no connection other than a satisfied customers 

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, simontaylor484 said:

Strangely enough i had to do the same this week I used remotes2u based in Doncaster, type in the model of your telly and hey presto it brings up a list of either original equipment or lookalikes i ordered 2 pm on line Tuesday it arrived Wednesday. 

I have no connection other than a satisfied customers 

I looked at them but then I tried E-bay. I put in the type number and set the search for 'new' and got one for £2 less than remotes2U post free and delivery by May 1st.

• Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

t seems to be sealed

So did mine! I will be happy to replace it when it finally dies but it was something to do. I only repair things if they cease to work now, that way I don’t feel bad if I destroy it. I, of course service things that need servicing but occasionally I just like to see if I can fix something. 
I really did try to sort out the problem with my 1970s record deck recently but I accepted that it wasn’t possible. I must admit I really can tell and appreciate that the replacement is better. Aditi can too, but was interested to know that what I purchased is probably only entry level (or “budget”) in hifi terms. Robust and practical seems handy though compared to some of the more esoteric offerings.

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 16

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

At £5:34 post free I'd rather get a replacement. It seems to be sealed anyway, the only thing accessible is the battery compartment.

Bear does HATE it when things don't come apart by twiddling a few screws - the number of things that have suicide clips on (those little plastic jobbies that break at the first sign of anyone trying to get in), not to mention security screws buried very deeply down narrow  channels, thus stopping you from using those matching drivers on the end of a hex body,  BlOOdy throwaway society....

Incidentally, seven years doesn't sound very long to me - what make is it?  At least the price is a decent deal.

Not sure what tomorrow will bring - the grass has yet to be cut this year - so that's a maybe, or I could get really excitable and clean the bathroom.  Actually I could easily do both....

It's this week that the new kitchen units are due - I think the deal is that I get a text & email the day before delivery, though I think I'll give them a call tomorrow to see if I can get any better clues from a real person.

• Like 16

3 hours ago, PupCam said:

There have been so many things (and lives) this wretched virus has wrecked over the last year and a bit.  

One of the more minor irritations  has been the interruption of Sunday morning bimbles along the country lanes on my old AJS.   An essential element of said bimbles was the customary stopping off somewhere with friends for a "Bikers Breakfast" (a thinly disguised Full English)  and an hour or so of talking complete and utter nonsense putting the world to rights.

Please make it stop soon, I need more bacon and bimbles! 

Lovely sound Pups, I had a 350 AJS Trials Bike back in the late 60's. Awesome.:good:

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

When we got back home I was treated to a fillet steak birthday tea with all the trimmings accompanied by a nice Malbec and followed by a toothsome drop of Jura.  I am now settled on the sofa with Vaughan Williams' Lark Ascending as a soothing accompaniment, which is as good an end to the day as I could wish for.

Wot, no cake??

:cry:

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, polybear said:

Bear does HATE it when things don't come apart by twiddling a few screws - the number of things that have suicide clips on (those little plastic jobbies that break at the first sign of anyone trying to get in), not to mention security screws buried very deeply down narrow  channels, thus stopping you from using those matching drivers on the end of a hex body,  BlOOdy throwaway society....

Incidentally, seven years doesn't sound very long to me - what make is it?  At least the price is a decent deal.

Its a Toshiba, probably could be taken apart but if I take things apart I can never get them back together again. 

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Friendly/supportive 11