The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

My first was my Mum. She often broke down. 

My mum always said we did not need a washing up machine as she had married one!

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 10
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

My first was my Mum. She often broke down. 

Buckets of smelly nappies often led to breakdowns. Especially in winter. I know it is frowned upon by environmentalists but our child had disposable nappies. 

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just a thought on the mystery plant. Why not show it to Rick's missus? If she can't identify it she must know someone who can. Not much else to report so its be back later.

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

........ oh and the batteries will last for the complete life of the vehicle .....

That's sounds suspiciously like one of those situations where the manufacturer decides what the life of the vehicle is, rather than the owner.  Bear had his Rover 214Si for 23 years.....(RIP Ricky the Rover....:cry:).

Nearly new neighbours next door have a leaky roof - most likely due to the lead gulley between their roof and Bear's.  Accessing it will likely mean a scaffold tower in Bear's front garden.  Hopefully a decent company will be doing the work, as it's always a worry when work like that is going on.  Fortunately there's no sign of water in Bear's loft.

A flying visit to Wickes is called for shortly - brackets to secure the oven base unit to the wall are needed......

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Which brings us to the question of lifetime warranty; for the lifetime of what or whom?

If it's the owner, good news.

If it's the product, totally useless as when it's broken it's at the end of its useful life.

• Agree 16
  • Funny 1

Nappies? I've never changed one, I inherited my 4 Kids when I married Wife No 2, and the twin Girls were 13 and the twin Boys 12. 

I did see my wife struggle to change our first Grandson, but that was 36 years ago now, and she had never used disposable nappies as they weren't around in 1965 / 66, he now has 4 Daughters.

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

Buckets of smelly nappies often led to breakdowns. Especially in winter. I know it is frowned upon by environmentalists but our child had disposable nappies. 

Iirc it's now been proved that disposable nappies are more environmentally friendly, because of the large amount of energy required to clean reusables.  That doesn't help on the actual disposal, when most are only 60 to 80%  compostable. The plastic covers are the actual problem.

The Landover is now 37, the car 12, the landrover will outlast me, the car will probably be changed when I retire in a couple of years. To whatever we require for our future life..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 2

Not been able to get one for what seems like weeks now :/

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Had my covid jab the other day.  Had a headache the following day and felt really tired but glad I've had it.  Wonder if this is what covid feels like...

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 17

Good Evening all, and glad to be away from a very 'heated' thread which has reached some 18 pages in about 24 hours!

45 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Had my covid jab the other day.  Had a headache the following day and felt really tired but glad I've had it.  Wonder if this is what covid feels like...

Had mine on Saturday, fine Sunday, lethargic and feeling flu-like Monday and Tuesday with sore shoulder until today. Paracetamol and Chlorphenamine taken sparingly for relief! Hopefully the brain cell will function better tomorrow!

• Friendly/supportive 19