The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. First of all best wishes to Lucy and hope she recovers soon. Have to go shopping for a new kitchen clock today, I still keep looking at the blank space/empty hook on the wall. I have a double points card from Tess Coes to use so I will have to make a shopping list of things that I need to get to get the most benefit. Muggatee awaits, be back later. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

I haven't sent a Christmas card in years. Before I retired we had agreed in the office not to send Christmas cards to each other and donate to a local charity instead. I am in touch with my nearest and dearest by phone over the holidays anyway.

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Nice Ms Kirkwood told us this morning on the BBC that storm Barra would be less strong today than yesterday.

Not much sign of that here in Cheshire where it is persisting down and there is still plenty of wind. I should be moving my boat along the canal today but I might give it a miss. Could be difficult controlling a 60' boat on my own in this weather.

Its dry with sunny spells here but still blowing a hooley.

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Well it’s stopped raining, but it was still at about an hour or so ago, I’m glad I’m stopping inside. The plans for today are to continue working on the water tower, the tank has had over 48 hours to dry so weathering can begin. I also have to be on door patrol, as Sheila will be tackling the bedding using an ironing board etc. 

The adverts at the top and bottom have gone, but the latest on the R/H side still pops up, but it can occasionally be turned off, some progress. 

Back later. 

Brian. 

• Like 16
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

34 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

I haven't sent a Christmas card in years. Before I retired we had agreed in the office not to send Christmas cards to each other and donate to a local charity instead. I am in touch with my nearest and dearest by phone over the holidays anyway.

I do the same instead of cards we make a gift aided donation to our local hospice which holds a special place in our hearts they looked after MIL and my Grandma over their final days/hours

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium

First , prayers and thoughts for Lucy.

5 hours ago, polybear said:

...snip... but not enough to scrunch the olive onto the pipe.

In other news.......

Firstly, SBT's are with Lucy.....may the meds kill off all those nasty little wiggly things and enable them to get ejected (ideally not on CC's best carpet...) once and for all :friends:

...snip... 

What is an olive, at least in relation to plumbing?

• Like 8
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Speaking of rain, I was sleeping quite well (unusually) when the pitter-patter pounding of rain on the roof woke me up. When I checked the rain gauge, it showed 0.66 inches (16.8 mm); it did sound more like 66 inches. though!

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 16

Greetings all from LBG where the wind is cold and exacerbated by the presence of the Shard.

The auditors keep chipping away. Their latest attempt to change our numbers was based on a fundamental misunderstanding of some basic UK tax rules which qualified accountants ought to get - so the error of their ways has been pointed out along with pointed comments about the timing.

Sorry to hear of Lucy's travails. I hope that she is in the process of properly recovering this time.

Mrs Lurker was seeing a friend today , and her new dog. She was looking forward to it as none of the rest of us are dog fans and so she can't have one. Actually i don't think she would anyway because she would not want to leave one at home all day while we are at work.

In other news  I have started re-reading Lord of the Rings for the first time in a number of years. Tom Bombadil has just left us on the road to Bree.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1