Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
On 29/12/2021 at 12:02, iL Dottore said:

Hmm. Now that’s a poser.

Obviously we can discount punk music (at least if Beth wants her clothes back unripped), classical music is likely to lead to torpor which in turn could lead to scorch marks due to an imperceptibly moving hot iron, C&W may result in just the t-shirts, cowboy shirts and jeans being ironed…..

Aha! Got it!

Polkas!

Yep, Polkas! Just the right cheerful tempo to zip you through the ironing….

Sounds about right to me!

On 29/12/2021 at 12:53, Coombe Barton said:

1415466222_Screenshot2021-12-29at11_51_01.png.644da6f3ca08f931407050cad3f9a7fc.png

Not really - you just have to make sure that the key is in something flat.

:)

Yes the choice is easier when Beth is out and I can access andbplay my vinyl collection  at a suitable volume to deliver aural anaesthesia.  Usually something with a good beat.  Beatles, Stones, The Who etc. Today as her French class was cancelled I was banished to the Utility room  with what music I happen to have on my tablet.

On 29/12/2021 at 13:44, iL Dottore said:

G R O A N (with knobs on..)

image.png.7df6ab5cf50ec8b1bc20128b1e3d45f3.png.2026e9fe47f6703ed65fae1c264423a6.png

Jamie

Edited by jamie92208
  • Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Just back from Ben taking me for a long walk..

The fields are exceedingly soggy, tractor ruts are full of water and the lanes are very muddy.

Met a second homers couple out walking, very soggy they were.. At the time me and Ben were dry, however half way round light rain arrived accompanied by strong gusts of wind.

Consideration is being given to a shark or equivalent, SWMBO finds the big Vax heavy to use and it's a pain laying out the cable and putting it away, there aren't too many sockets in a house of this age..

Another consideration is rebuilding the under stairs cupboard, I intend to punch through the wall from an existing socket anyway, extending that to put in a socket for charging the vacuum would be easy.

Just the tall end would remain cleaning equipment storage, the rest would be slide out units, for SWMBO's  shoes and my boots, with a facing of book shelves. 

Dinner is about to arrive, sausage, baked spuds and veg..

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

We are having a day off from doing jobs today. We took Swmbo to the chemists and then Tescos for fresh stuff then set about the fridge to eat stuff coming up to the best before date washed down by a bottle of alcohol free San Miguel. I am now ensconced in the chair with the Viz annual 

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Today the ironing awaits so I will be choosing suitable music. We are out again this evening but only for a snack and drinks.  It's a hard life.

Anyway regards to all.

Jamie

3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Hmm. Now that’s a poser.

Obviously we can discount punk music (at least if Beth wants her clothes back unripped), classical music is likely to lead to torpor which in turn could lead to scorch marks due to an imperceptibly moving hot iron, C&W may result in just the t-shirts, cowboy shirts and jeans being ironed…..

Aha! Got it!

Polkas!

Yep, Polkas! Just the right cheerful tempo to zip you through the ironing….

Sounds about right to me!

How about this?

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Gwiwer said:

goan buttons

Sic.

I mistyped.  

But you can indeed find "goan buttons" quite easily in some countries.  Others call them "badges" ;)  

1431488413_Screenshot2021-12-29at15_37_11.png.14403fde4c05400ae8e8e5565b3f393f.png

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8

HUMP day, though not actually. Friday being the holiday we get for January 1st. falling on the weekend!

Yesterday, as expected.

Little work, moderate snow and mixed ice falling, fortunately abated by the time we took the grand-nieces for the Zoo illuminations drive.

Then a nice dinner with them afterwards and back home in time to hunker down as the temperature fell...

Also, continued the "struggle" with the Mrs new laptop - next up was/is Microsnot Office - what a flustercuck THAT is with a new version! :jester::banghead:

Today, watching the temperature continue to drop and we're off to our annual (expect LAST year for obvious reasons) December viewing of;

British Arrow Awards - 2021 

something we've done for several years now, with our friends. I know I've mentioned it before but seems it's unknown to many. Essentially the "best" of the mostly-British Advertising from the past year. Our local art museum always show this event in December.

After the viewing we'll have a nice dinner at a British-themed pub-like restaurant "George and the Dragon".

First thing, froze my nuts off getting the newspaper, -22C and sunny (NOT that it made any difference!!!), will manage a heady -13 for the high later :O

Carry on.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 13

A bit late for the morning but it's morning somewhere in the world!

Just having a mosey around at houses.  Went to a friend's wedding today in Lichfield.  It seemed quite a nice town (okay, city!) but not sure it would benefit either of us (although it would make my commute down to 25 mins instead of 45).  The thing that significantly puts me off is that there are plans to move me to another office, which would be 25 mins.  If I lived in Lichfield, it would be 50 mins, so I guess that idea is out.

Still nice to see what's about though.

• Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I considered moving when I retired. I had my eye on somewhere in or very near to Ipswich but I retired in 2008 just as the financial crisis began so I put it off until the crisis was over not expecting it to go on as long as it did. Now at 73 I don't want to move again.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Our last move was builder assisted they bought our previous house as part exchange but it was still hassle and heartache. It took us ages to settle in here. Also a lot of houses on here are rented so we have a fairly high turnover of them some only stay for six months some for longer-term.

We finally started putting our Mark on the house 3 years ago with a new kitchen we did consider a orangery type conservatory but we put it off then I had my second breakdown and my arthritis problems as well as the pandemic which put the brakes on things. Me and the youngest managed to replace the decking over the summer and having a mass clearout (2skips worth) we have started other jobs but faced further delays due to Swmbos poorliness first the seizures when we had to keep an eye on her then the hospitalization.

I have a job to do on the car nut I could do with a dry non windy day I have the boot gas struts to replace the parts arrived from Germany before xmas

• Friendly/supportive 18

I have had an overnight in Lichfield before i had a couple of days at Bison Lichfield. I ended up staying till the Saturday and had a look around the Cathedral. It is meant to have been sister cathedral to the original Coventry Cathedral so you get some scale of the damage caused by the Luftwaffe 

• Like 9
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each.

Well I Sharked about a bit this morning and what's more I even emptied it.  The Boss seems happy enough with my efforts so that's good.

This afternoon I lazed in my armchair watching "A Bridge Too Far" and "The Glen Miller Story", both for the umpteenth time but I was feeling lazy....again.  Was going to watch a rugby match tonight but it's been cancelled due to Covid & safety concerns.

1 hour ago, New Haven Neil said:

I can't imagine moving again, last time was bad enough!

I agree and we moved here in 1983!  At the time I said to The Boss "I think it'll take us me about 5 years to get this place looking right and how we want it.  Looking around the house today I said "I think it'll take us me about 5 years to get this place looking right and how we want it!"  :banghead:

We did think about moving 3 years ago but decided it was too much hassle at our age.  Not only that but most of our family and friends are nearby and we've got everything we need in the way of shops, public transport, medical facilities fairly close to hand.

Edited by grandadbob
  • Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 4