Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Ears lowered this morning - twelve quid gone.  The Barber also works 3 days a week in London - he mentioned that certain Barbers in London (e.g.  "Ruffians") charge £58 quid.....bluddy hell.

Then a morning of bits n' pieces - including a 45 minute call to EDF that was less than fruitful.  Ar5ebadgers.

At least college enrolment went smoothly(ish) - but still took 30 minutes; the old college enrolment process was ten minutes on the laptop and job done.

A bit more swarf making - this time on the bluddy great milling machine; Bear now has (apart from a little polishing) a fly cutter to the same design as a fellow college buddy - Bear used it last term and it worked very well indeed, hence the decision to make my own.

Tomorrow?  MIUABGAD, to include painting a plinth (a ready-made MDF jobbie from the 'bay) to position Basil the Bear on - Basil hasn't been very well and this is the only feasible way that Bear can think of to make him feel a little better.....

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 11

19 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

... a couple of years ago we had two a week or so apart and their tracks literally crossed about 60 or so miles south of me. One west off the ocean and one north out of the Gulf; it stood up to them.

Hurricanes Florence and Michael (2018)?

Good luck. You'll be a lot better off than the coast.

• Agree 10
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

8 minutes ago, polybear said:

Community Service?  Are they having a laugh?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-norfolk-55180594

I knows that road, use it often,

You see the bounce up near the start as he overtakes the first cars, that's the bridge between Rollesby and Ormesby Broads,

The village he's speeding through is Ormesby St Michael, the turning he crashed at is that into the village of Ormesby St Margaret.

• Informative/Useful 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Not much fuss from Arthur Itis this morning, just the normal stiff joints on the (left) side I was sleeping on that soon cleared but Nurofen has been taken. According to the forecast it might be a good day to stay indoors. The lawn looks as if will need another cut soon but not while its wet.

• Like 17
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s dull and grey but currently dry, but rain is forecast for later in the day. Today will be very much back to normal, so I will head of to the butchers shortly to collect the week’s meat rations and a pork pie for my dinner. Then it’s off to the Trafford Centre for a few more items that we can’t get locally. I think there may be a visit to the gift shop in Dunham Massey at some time today, but I’m not sure if that’ll be before or after dinner. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

There's been a god awful screeching noise outside the office today, it appears to be emanating from four wheeled objects driving around in circles outside, apparently it's called a formula 1 race (no I'd never heard of it either). The MRT into the city centre was heaving, unusually it was quieter going out to Jurong in the afternoon than trains going the other way. Lot's of police around, lots of guides deployed to help people find their way around the MRT. Probably best to avoid the downtown over this weekend.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15