The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

45 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Today is a bit dull but mild and I am keeping myself quite busy.

Yesterday was a much more relaxed day, the shopping came within the agreed time slot and everyhting came as ordered apart from one substitute which was more than acceptable - in fact I may order it again.

Once everything was put away and e mails etc dealt with I made a flask of coffee and packed a Wagonwheel and went out in the car. 

Original Wagonwheel or a jamie one, David?  I think we should be told..

• Like 8
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

Yum yum, what could be more delicious?

IMG_20230208_150903.jpg

It may look and sound ugly - but I bet it tastes loads better than curly oven fries 🤣😁🤣😂

actually, when cooked properly the collagenous parts of animal become very tasty indeed - albeit a bit rich

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 4

22 minutes ago, iL Dottore said:

As I was saying earlier....

Signal_transduction_pathways.jpg.bad9ad3b3723615852859fa8b4712f31.jpg

Just some of the stuff I need to know about.

(and, undoubtedly, there are still career masters who consider Biology to be the "soft option"...)

I ate Hedgehog once is that a plus or a minus in this calculation?

• Like 4
  • Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

18 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Great heels!

"Trendy pseudo-Cowboy boots..." rather popular in NYC around the time I was there.

@PhilJ WSorry to hear about your bother, hopefully he will be well cared for and kept as free of pain as possible.

HUMP day...

Another quiet day yesterday and looks to be the same today. Nothing happing to report.

-4c first thing bright sun, expected to reach 4c today.

Carry on.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

I find one of the secrets to enjoying genuine Chinese and peranakan food is to eat first and ask what it was later 😉🤣

Two days later, when it's too late to barf it back up again....

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

It may look and sound ugly - but I bet it tastes loads better than curly oven fries 🤣😁🤣😂

actually, when cooked properly the collagenous parts of animal become very tasty indeed - albeit a bit rich

What odds is iD offering here?

Bear here......

The Coving is.......finished**.  Big Tick

(** I do still have to fill & sand the corner joints though, followed by painting it.  Fortunately the joints have come out pretty well - unusual in Bear Castle cos' nothing is square & straight; the Hall Coving is much smaller and a lot less ornate that that used in the Beary Lounge - the corners on that were a Grade 'A' b'steward and required much fiddly fillin'sandin'fillin'sanding'fillin'sandin'fillin'sandin' before Bear was happy.  The Paws were a lot less happy though.....).

In other news.....

One word:  Tw@ts:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-64561868

And finally.......

I've just discovered that good 'ol Ernie was kind to a certain Bear at the end of January 😁 LDC here I come.....

• Like 13