RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Goo dafternoon everyone

I’m very late on parade sure to doing that most fatal of things this morning, after returning from going to the toilet, I turned the radio of at 7:05 this morning and said to myself, “l’ll just have another 5 minutes” and then got back into bed, I didn’t wake up until almost 10 o’clock! Consequently I’ve been playing catch up ever since. I decided to go to the Trafford Centre straight after breakfast and call at the butchers on the way home and hope they still had some pork pies left. I needn’t have worried, they’d just brought a fresh batch out as I walked through the door, mmmmmm.

The afternoon is going to be one of relaxation and reading. 

Below is a photo of the finished half scale signal arm, that I forgot to post yesterday. 
767528D7-8F61-4D16-BACD-F458002355FC.jpeg.6ca3cc3ae50f80855d978421b3d31766.jpeg

Back later. 

Brian

Ready for weathering?

• Like 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

As for Doner Kebab pie - I reckon it all depends on the Doner meat. A proper Doner Kebab should be made of layers of lamb and lamb fat

Absolutely.  As some of those offered locally most assuredly are.  

4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

bacon cheeseburger or meatball pie ... (I assume they are designed to be eaten after 8 pints of fizzy lager)

And all regurgitated shortly afterwards often as not.  Somehow gaining diced carrots along the way.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

4 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Absolutely.  As some of those offered locally most assuredly are.  

And all regurgitated shortly afterwards often as not.  Somehow gaining diced carrots along the way.  

The Diced Carrot Fairy follows drunks about and chucks a handful in after the drunk has finished performing...

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 15

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

Somehow gaining diced carrots along the way.  

I was convinced that all small children had been born with an internal supply of grated or diced carrot. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 hours ago, Tony_S said:

Not a lot happening here today. Weather is sunny intervals with scattered showers in weather person speak. Aditi used to use meteorological terms but now is  more likely to say “ooh, the batteries are charging”. 
We are getting a few deliveries today. Some more security cameras from Amazon and Aditi ordered some new trainers that UPS are delivering  (ding ding, bell sounds) have just delivered. They were dispatched from the Netherlands, not that you would have known this when ordering them. 

Be careful there young man otherwise some person in Beijing might be logging on to see what you and the beloved are getting up to.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

I remember when I was in hospital the second time with my appendix issues, they put a tube through my nose down into the stomach (not a pleasant experience) so they could keep drawing off fluid and aerating it. Before being taken back into hospital I ate some kiwifruit, I don't know whether it was just the effect of kiwifruit but the fluid they were drawing off was the most vivid bright green.

Not unlike the next visit to the lavatory (for any purpose) after eating beetroot.  Not always as vivid if it was the pickled stuff but red enough to cause concern.  Until you remember ......... 

• Like 6
  • Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. Just a few reminders that the arthritis is still about but they soon went away. The rain has eased off a little this afternoon and I'm feeling a bit warmer despite it actually being colder. This is because the wind is now coming from the NE and not blowing on the exposed end gable of the house.

• Like 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

It's been grey and wet with a cold wind here in Sidcup today. No sign of snow and none forecast - we're south of the line on the map where snow is likely to fall. 

Otherwise not too much to report. And not much in prospect over the weekend, although I must say that whatever Mrs Lurker is cooking for tea smells nice from up here!

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Wielding the iron again this afternoon - ah, the joys of wagon brakegear...........

I was accompanied by Harry Potter Book 5 though - a freebie talking book download from the Library Service onto the laptop and played via Alexa.  Works well.

• Like 17
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium

Pies...

Well go to Kiwi land and Oz land..

Steak and cheese, steak, steak and kidney, steak and mushroom, chicken, lamb and mint, naked sea food, Pavarotti (spaghetti bol in a pie), butter chicken, potato, minced steak with potato top,   Invercargill best.. is the place to go..in South Island.. 

Baz

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2